samy + janet aly

2nd interview at cairo embassy

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

a friend here said i needed to post what happen on may 15 2012 when my husband had a second interview at the embassy in cairo. it did not go well. he was refused and our file is being sent back to USCIS for possible revocation.

they seem to think my husbands divorce paper is not real. the people inside the embassy and the CO do not know that in a divorce in egypt (Islam) there is a 90 day waiting period called the IDDAT (IDDAH). this 90 waiting period is for the female to make sure she is not pregnant. also this 90 period also stand for that if her husband wants to take her back and he could without her permission, he can do so.

after 90 days and he does not take her back then the divorce is final and the female moves back home with her parents. that is a divorce in Islam and Egypt. if the CO did her job she would have known this and also the immigrant visa chief. but he says not a legal divorce for immigration purposes. if they did their homework :bonk: like they suppose to then they would have seen it is a legal and binding divorce and it was signed off in the court and ministry of justice in egypt.

even after the congressmans office emailed back and forth with cairo embassy, she found out they sent it off to USCIS for review. now it is up to me to prove this and i have all i need here to prove it.

my husband was upset and still is about the way he was treated by the CO there.she tried to make him out to be a liar but he stuck to his words and faith and kept telling her he is no liar. the CO had a problem with it back on jan 2 2012 at his first interview.

weirdest thing, the same CO he had in january also interviewed him on may 15. do you think they would have put someone else there on it.

we have been on this journey since october 29 2010 and it seems like it will never end.

Timeline

Sorry-Graphic-10.gif

I know there is 90 day waiting period.Was his divorce over 90 days I'm not understanding it fully.I would think if it has the stamps from the court and the ministry of justice it should be a legal document of the divorce.Certified.Will be praying for you both.Stay strong and good luck to you both (F)

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

a friend here said i needed to post what happen on may 15 2012 when my husband had a second interview at the embassy in cairo. it did not go well. he was refused and our file is being sent back to USCIS for possible revocation.

they seem to think my husbands divorce paper is not real. the people inside the embassy and the CO do not know that in a divorce in egypt (Islam) there is a 90 day waiting period called the IDDAT (IDDAH). this 90 waiting period is for the female to make sure she is not pregnant. also this 90 period also stand for that if her husband wants to take her back and he could without her permission, he can do so.

after 90 days and he does not take her back then the divorce is final and the female moves back home with her parents. that is a divorce in Islam and Egypt. if the CO did her job she would have known this and also the immigrant visa chief. but he says not a legal divorce for immigration purposes. if they did their homework :bonk: like they suppose to then they would have seen it is a legal and binding divorce and it was signed off in the court and ministry of justice in egypt.

even after the congressmans office emailed back and forth with cairo embassy, she found out they sent it off to USCIS for review. now it is up to me to prove this and i have all i need here to prove it.

my husband was upset and still is about the way he was treated by the CO there.she tried to make him out to be a liar but he stuck to his words and faith and kept telling her he is no liar. the CO had a problem with it back on jan 2 2012 at his first interview.

weirdest thing, the same CO he had in january also interviewed him on may 15. do you think they would have put someone else there on it.

we have been on this journey since october 29 2010 and it seems like it will never end.

I don't mean to put salt in your wounds, but I want to be somewhat realistic given your short story.

First of all, as stated before, a 2nd interview is not uncommon, but it is unusual. Were you with your husband at his interview? If not, clearly something is fishy and he was asked to return. Divorce papers alone shouldn't trigger a second interview. He would've been asked to mail those back.

Second, the CO has done his/her assignment. CO's grant visas to previously divorced partners everyday from virtually every country in the world. There's not one person that would risk being fired for doing one of 2 things: granting a visa to someone that faked a document or not granting a visa to someone who qualifies beyond expectations. So yes, the people inside the embassy know. That's like saying the people at the DMV don't know how a real driver's license from another state looks like. They know. It's part of their training.

Third, and here's my humble opinion (and, frankly, I hope I am WRONG) there's a lot more to this story that you know. If someone can spot a fake document like a fake dollar, then something is terribly wrong. Did you see this document? Maybe he showed the wrong one by mistake; things like that happen. Or simply, maybe, he answered some questions incorrectly and indeed showed a fake document (willing or unwillingly).

Were there any other documents he was asked to bring?

Why was he granted a 2nd interview? The key is here.... what happened that triggered that?

If he was handed a piece of paper 221G, have him scan it and show it to you. Then, have him describe the entire process- from the moment he arrived at the embassy until he left.

Good luck with everything. Your journey will come to end. It must!

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

I don't mean to put salt in your wounds, but I want to be somewhat realistic given your short story.

First of all, as stated before, a 2nd interview is not uncommon, but it is unusual. Were you with your husband at his interview? If not, clearly something is fishy and he was asked to return. Divorce papers alone shouldn't trigger a second interview. He would've been asked to mail those back.

Second, the CO has done his/her assignment. CO's grant visas to previously divorced partners everyday from virtually every country in the world. There's not one person that would risk being fired for doing one of 2 things: granting a visa to someone that faked a document or not granting a visa to someone who qualifies beyond expectations. So yes, the people inside the embassy know. That's like saying the people at the DMV don't know how a real driver's license from another state looks like. They know. It's part of their training.

Third, and here's my humble opinion (and, frankly, I hope I am WRONG) there's a lot more to this story that you know. If someone can spot a fake document like a fake dollar, then something is terribly wrong. Did you see this document? Maybe he showed the wrong one by mistake; things like that happen. Or simply, maybe, he answered some questions incorrectly and indeed showed a fake document (willing or unwillingly).

Were there any other documents he was asked to bring?

Why was he granted a 2nd interview? The key is here.... what happened that triggered that?

If he was handed a piece of paper 221G, have him scan it and show it to you. Then, have him describe the entire process- from the moment he arrived at the embassy until he left.

Good luck with everything. Your journey will come to end. It must!

my friend everything he showed the embassy is real as real can get. all stamps on them from ministry of justice and ministry forgein affairs.

on his 1st interview she had a problem with the divorce papers even after a agyptian woman who work in the embassy told her about the 90 day waiting period. so she tell him the she will check...he said to her by all means check if you like. his divorce is 4 years old this month. and on the english translation also stamp by both places it says IDDAT on it. even the immigrant visa chief over looked it.

yes i have seen all his papers and divorce papers and i have copies of them too showing the stamps on it.

i wasnt there with him for 2nd interview because it is an I-130 petition IR1/CR! visa class the spouse are not allowed in the embassy with the applicant.

she gave hm a blue piece of paper which she marked on it "other" some refusal code they use to send back to uscis for review. andyes i have a copy of that too. he gave me copy as soon as he came back from his interview. i am glad he did becuse the CO name is on it for future reference. even the congressmans office was not happy and emailed them egain asking why he was refused and the embassy wouldnot tell her either why. just gave her a code for quasi-misrepresentation.

i just talk to USCIS this morning and explained all to them. when you file a petition, USCIS reviews all document to be sure they are real adn true before approving any petition. if they afeel they are not real or see they are not real then they will not approve any petition based on those grounds.

may ALlah forgive me but i still say they did not do their homework to check on anything about the 90 day waiting or know the arabic phrase "IDDAT/IDDAH" to know that is a 90 day waiting period.

we sat in AP for over 120 days so i asked my congressman liason to help us. that is only when they decide to do 2nd interview and make trouble with my husband. he said she made him feel like a criminal and never asked him for any other papers to see, even the original divorce documents that he had with him.

we are looking at an embassy that since the revolution has been backed up by paperwork for almost 3 months. so they are stressed out in there.

i also know for a fact of someone who was just given a visa for 5 years from thereto come here without background checks or AP. this was done a month or so after my husband had his interview.

the only thing i can think that triggered it was we wrote in to the embassy about a man was sent from the embassy to check with my husband and his home 2 days after his interview in january and the congressman office.

like i said before the same woman who interviewed him in january did so again on may 15 and he said she was not being very nice. he saida she came to the table ready to refuse him his visa. that was her attitude. not the bright shining face you are suppose to have and treat people with repsect and he showed her. he said he was made to feel like a criminal is the way she treated him.

there is nothing fishy about his papers. all are real and correct. it is just they dont know about the 90 day waiting period.

i told uscis all this morning what happened. they said once it comes in to have uscis expedite it. 20 months journey it has been and yes it is time for it to be over. insha allah soon it will be!

lol..it is ok to say anything . any input i can get from anyone to help me see things ina better light is most welcomed.

Edited by samy + janet aly

Timeline

also he said he asked her 2 times for a translator and she refused him by saying , no your wife american and you speak english with her so you speak english with me.

wrong thing to do. their policy and states on website to make the applicant feel welcomed...this she didnt do with him.

Timeline

my friend everything he showed the embassy is real as real can get. all stamps on them from ministry of justice and ministry forgein affairs.

on his 1st interview she had a problem with the divorce papers even after a agyptian woman who work in the embassy told her about the 90 day waiting period. so she tell him the she will check...he said to her by all means check if you like. his divorce is 4 years old this month. and on the english translation also stamp by both places it says IDDAT on it. even the immigrant visa chief over looked it.

yes i have seen all his papers and divorce papers and i have copies of them too showing the stamps on it.

i wasnt there with him for 2nd interview because it is an I-130 petition IR1/CR! visa class the spouse are not allowed in the embassy with the applicant.

she gave hm a blue piece of paper which she marked on it "other" some refusal code they use to send back to uscis for review. andyes i have a copy of that too. he gave me copy as soon as he came back from his interview. i am glad he did becuse the CO name is on it for future reference. even the congressmans office was not happy and emailed them egain asking why he was refused and the embassy wouldnot tell her either why. just gave her a code for quasi-misrepresentation.

i just talk to USCIS this morning and explained all to them. when you file a petition, USCIS reviews all document to be sure they are real adn true before approving any petition. if they afeel they are not real or see they are not real then they will not approve any petition based on those grounds.

may ALlah forgive me but i still say they did not do their homework to check on anything about the 90 day waiting or know the arabic phrase "IDDAT/IDDAH" to know that is a 90 day waiting period.

we sat in AP for over 120 days so i asked my congressman liason to help us. that is only when they decide to do 2nd interview and make trouble with my husband. he said she made him feel like a criminal and never asked him for any other papers to see, even the original divorce documents that he had with him.

we are looking at an embassy that since the revolution has been backed up by paperwork for almost 3 months. so they are stressed out in there.

i also know for a fact of someone who was just given a visa for 5 years from thereto come here without background checks or AP. this was done a month or so after my husband had his interview.

the only thing i can think that triggered it was we wrote in to the embassy about a man was sent from the embassy to check with my husband and his home 2 days after his interview in january and the congressman office.like i said before the same woman who interviewed him in january did so again on may 15 and he said she was not being very nice. he saida she came to the table ready to refuse him his visa. that was her attitude. not the bright shining face you are suppose to have and treat people with repsect and he showed her. he said he was made to feel like a criminal is the way she treated him.

Wait a minute, hold on... if I am understanding this, you wrote to the embassy- let's call it a complaint- about a home visit your husband received 2 days after his 1st interview? Girl, I believe they believe your husband is still married to his previous wife. So, if I understand this correctly, your husband got a 2nd interview after a home visit from the embassy, right? Ok, that IS very unusual. They see enough evidence to refuse on the grounds of misrepresentation. This is serious because it may trigger a ban.

If your document is real- and I believe you- then it's not that. So, let's revisit the 90-day issue: did he divorce and immediately married you? IN other words, your marriage certificate shows you married- let's say- a week after that document is stamped?

I am not trying to give you a hard time at all. I really want to help out because the quasi-misrepresentation issue is serious. The embassy offcial's visit to his home is a detail you didn't state before and it is even more important than having a 2nd interview.

And again, they know about the 90-day period. They know about all of that. If they say they don't, they're the ones lying to you and him, sorry.

Edited by NY_BX

Timeline

also he said he asked her 2 times for a translator and she refused him by saying , no your wife american and you speak english with her so you speak english with me.

wrong thing to do. their policy and states on website to make the applicant feel welcomed...this she didnt do with him.

Another red flag. Yes, if you ask for a translator they should provide him one. However, he must prove he is able to communicate with you. Do you speak arabic?

I'm sorry I'm being negative. I really really really want you to cover all the loopholes so the 3rd time IS A CHARM! You know what I mean?

Timeline

Wait a minute, hold on... if I am understanding this, you wrote to the embassy- let's call it a complaint- about a home visit your husband received 2 days after his 1st interview? Girl, I believe they believe your husband is still married to his previous wife. So, if I understand this correctly, your husband got a 2nd interview after a home visit from the embassy, right? Ok, that IS very unusual. They see enough evidence to refuse on the grounds of misrepresentation. This is serious because it may trigger a ban.

If your document is real- and I believe you- then it's not that. So, let's revisit the 90-day issue: did he divorce and immediately married you? IN other words, your marriage certificate shows you married- let's say- a week after that document is stamped?

I am not trying to give you a hard time at all. I really want to help out because the quasi-misrepresentation issue is serious. The embassy offcial's visit to his home is a detail you didn't state before and it is even more important than having a 2nd interview.

And again, they know about the 90-day period. They know about all of that. If they say they don't, they're the ones lying to you and him, sorry.

lol...its ok...

my husband was divorced on may 20 2008. we got married september 15 2010.

yes the visit was 2 days after his interview in january 2012. he welcomed the guy in and talked with him. but the man misrepresented himself to my husband in the beginning by calling and asyin he was from DHL. when my husband agreed to meet him outside because my husband thought it was dhl the man refused and said i want to come to your home. so my husband tell him to come. it wast until then he realized he was from the embassy. they talked the man asked to check his apartment at first my husband said no. they talk more. he ask again to check his apartment my husband showed him around. when the man got to ur bedroom and ask to check the closet, my husband refused because he said no ohte man has the right to see my wifes personal things. my husband felt a little violated because never in his life has anyone ever asked that. he said over there unless a judge ordered it and police come. you knwo for yourself that privacy is a big issue with egyptians.

looking at it would your husband let just any man look at your personal things like your night gowns and underwear. but i did tell my husband if he come back show him and show him the pictures of me wearing the clothes. you know that maybe another trigger with them because my husband refused to open the closet maybe they think he had something to hide. but thats ok that can be explained. i have pics of my closet when i left to show them i left my things there because they are for egypt.

if it was to be an official visit, then why did the man say he was from DHL and not the embassy when he called.

Timeline

Another red flag. Yes, if you ask for a translator they should provide him one. However, he must prove he is able to communicate with you. Do you speak arabic?

I'm sorry I'm being negative. I really really really want you to cover all the loopholes so the 3rd time IS A CHARM! You know what I mean?

yes i know what you mean and its ok...speak your mind..help me!!!!

i speak some arabic but not enough to keep a conversation going but i can somewhat understand 75% of any conversation..lol.

she made him feel nervous enough for him to ask to make sure he was understanding her questions correctly. he just wanted to hear the questions in arabic and then answer her in english.

you know how sometimes in our life we get so nervous that we forget our own english and we stumble when we answer, that is how he felt but still he had a right to a translator anytime during his interview and she was wrong to deny him one. even if it was for him to hear the questions in arabic.

Edited by samy + janet aly

Timeline

Let's start from the begining and maybe togetherforever can pose more elocuent questions to help out.

Your goal right now should be to try to figure out what red flags may have triggered this tornado.

I will ask a series of questions; you DO NOT have to answer them here. Answer them and paint the picture the CO saw in the first and 2nd interview. All these elements will trigger a red flag that may be mistaken as fraud.

Age gap: How old are you and your husband? If you are older, are you within child bearing age? (this sounds harsh and discriminatory, but they look at this as you being a scam victim).

Religious differences: are you both muslim? If you are, did you convert on his request?

Previous marriages: You already established you're both divorced. How long after you both divorce were you married?

Children: do you or him have any children? (this is not a big deal, but they want to make sure that he isn't abandoning children here by lying to you and telling you he has no children when indeed he does)

Visits: How many times have you visited him? Furthermore, did you marry on your first visit?

Family: Did you meet his family? friends? Does h e know your family and friends?

Maybe someone else can pose more questions, if I have forgotten some.

Once you've answered all these, do research on immigration fraud and see if you hit the check marks. This is NOT implying your a victim of fraud. Again, I want you to think as the CO will think. Here in VJ, especifically in Egypt, there have been cases of refusal due to being positive to drugs, for example. The spouse/ fiance(e) had no idea the beneficiary was smoking weed. It happens; we've "seen" it.

Timeline

lol...its ok...

my husband was divorced on may 20 2008. we got married september 15 2010.

yes the visit was 2 days after his interview in january 2012. he welcomed the guy in and talked with him. but the man misrepresented himself to my husband in the beginning by calling and asyin he was from DHL. when my husband agreed to meet him outside because my husband thought it was dhl the man refused and said i want to come to your home. so my husband tell him to come. it wast until then he realized he was from the embassy. they talked the man asked to check his apartment at first my husband said no. they talk more. he ask again to check his apartment my husband showed him around. when the man got to ur bedroom and ask to check the closet, my husband refused because he said no ohte man has the right to see my wifes personal things. my husband felt a little violated because never in his life has anyone ever asked that. he said over there unless a judge ordered it and police come. you knwo for yourself that privacy is a big issue with egyptians.

looking at it would your husband let just any man look at your personal things like your night gowns and underwear. but i did tell my husband if he come back show him and show him the pictures of me wearing the clothes. you know that maybe another trigger with them because my husband refused to open the closet maybe they think he had something to hide. but thats ok that can be explained. i have pics of my closet when i left to show them i left my things there because they are for egypt.

if it was to be an official visit, then why did the man say he was from DHL and not the embassy when he called.

Ok, your husband is shooting himself in the foot. Listen, Yes, my husband will show pictures of us having sex if that's what it takes, LOL! Yes, I think is horribly inappropiate to identify yourself as a particular business and then make a thorough investigation. The problem is, do you live there? Do you live in Texas? Do you have personal belongings in his home? If you have just a small amount of items, then there's no problem in showing the closets. I agree it is incredibly invasive. However, his answer didn't help at all because his wife is in the USA! That's not to say you don't have anything there, but if there are female items in the home, enough to show you live permanently there, then that raises a red flag.

Again, I think they think he is still married..... but not just to you.

I am sorry this is happening. I married an Egyptian, I know what's a big deal for him. Offering to show pictures of you wearing clothes doesn't help the case; I think it actually hurts it. You- and your husband- need to prove he is for real. You must understand the job of the CO is also to protect you- the USC- from being a fraud victim.

Edited by NY_BX

Timeline

Let's start from the begining and maybe togetherforever can pose more elocuent questions to help out.

Your goal right now should be to try to figure out what red flags may have triggered this tornado.

I will ask a series of questions; you DO NOT have to answer them here. Answer them and paint the picture the CO saw in the first and 2nd interview. All these elements will trigger a red flag that may be mistaken as fraud.

Age gap: How old are you and your husband? If you are older, are you within child bearing age? (this sounds harsh and discriminatory, but they look at this as you being a scam victim).

Religious differences: are you both muslim? If you are, did you convert on his request?

Previous marriages: You already established you're both divorced. How long after you both divorce were you married?

Children: do you or him have any children? (this is not a big deal, but they want to make sure that he isn't abandoning children here by lying to you and telling you he has no children when indeed he does)

Visits: How many times have you visited him? Furthermore, did you marry on your first visit?

Family: Did you meet his family? friends? Does h e know your family and friends?

Maybe someone else can pose more questions, if I have forgotten some.

Once you've answered all these, do research on immigration fraud and see if you hit the check marks. This is NOT implying your a victim of fraud. Again, I want you to think as the CO will think. Here in VJ, especifically in Egypt, there have been cases of refusal due to being positive to drugs, for example. The spouse/ fiance(e) had no idea the beneficiary was smoking weed. It happens; we've "seen" it.

lol..ok no problem...

age gap: he is 44 and i am 48.

he is muslim and i am christian. he has never ask me to convert and respects christianity. i do live my life in the islamic fashion out of respect for him.

he has 1 daughter but i have no children. they know that.

after i received my divorce i waited the 90 days to go ad vist and it was 17 days after that we got married. so i had 17 days to decide whether or not i wanted to marry him. we spent 2 years online back and forth and wheni saw him, i knew he was the one and visa versa.

when i was ther i met alot of his family and friends and yes he knows my family and what few friends i have.

his medical report clean, his police certificate clean and only 1 child he has.

i dont mind answering here because in the future it will help someone else out that may go thru the same things.

Timeline

lol..ok no problem...

age gap: he is 44 and i am 48.

he is muslim and i am christian. he has never ask me to convert and respects christianity. i do live my life in the islamic fashion out of respect for him.

he has 1 daughter but i have no children. they know that.

after i received my divorce i waited the 90 days to go ad vist and it was 17 days after that we got married. so i had 17 days to decide whether or not i wanted to marry him. we spent 2 years online back and forth and wheni saw him, i knew he was the one and visa versa.

when i was ther i met alot of his family and friends and yes he knows my family and what few friends i have.

his medical report clean, his police certificate clean and only 1 child he has.

i dont mind answering here because in the future it will help someone else out that may go thru the same things.

Ok, so the age is not an issue at all. :thumbs:

Religion, neither :thumbs:

He has 1 daughter. Are you claiming her? Does he have issues with custody of her?

You married in your first trip, 3 months after you divorced: red flag. Big one. It doesn't matter if you married 17 days later or a month later. They see this as a potential road block. However, this may be easily overcome depending on how many times you visited him afterwards.

Family and friends, great! Do you have pictures of them?

Timeline

Ok, so the age is not an issue at all. :thumbs:

Religion, neither :thumbs:

He has 1 daughter. Are you claiming her? Does he have issues with custody of her?

You married in your first trip, 3 months after you divorced: red flag. Big one. It doesn't matter if you married 17 days later or a month later. They see this as a potential road block. However, this may be easily overcome depending on how many times you visited him afterwards.

Family and friends, great! Do you have pictures of them?

his child i claim yes she is my stepdaughter and i tell everyone. she is like my own child. the mother has custody as all women get in a divorce in egypt. i am even friends with her. she is a young lady in early 20's but smart at the same time like her daughter..lol.

yeah i see that but i had to wait a yr for divorce because it was legal seperation and when i originally file for my divorce my ex became abusive while we were seperated.

2 times i try to go back but he didnt want me to miss out on work . once november 2010 but i am glad i didnt because my yr icome for affidavite of suppoort exceeded what we needed.

another time i try and i saved up money for ticket, here come IRS with tax bill of $700.00 for me. he said finsih it and pay them. so i did. and then came all the extra paperwork for immigration, request for evidence and then i was sick for a month or so. i had 2 jobs at the time. i have an apartment i have to keep for him here so he has a place to live when he comes. we didnt want to live with any of his family here. again privacy...lol.

yes i have many pics of when i was there of me and his family and him. his best friend lives here in north carolina and we keep in touch always too.

post-131864-0-40004400-1337356369_thumb.jpg

Timeline

his child i claim yes she is my stepdaughter and i tell everyone. she is like my own child. the mother has custody as all women get in a divorce in egypt. i am even friends with her. she is a young lady in early 20's but smart at the same time like her daughter..lol.

yeah i see that but i had to wait a yr for divorce because it was legal seperation and when i originally file for my divorce my ex became abusive while we were seperated.

2 times i try to go back but he didnt want me to miss out on work . once november 2010 but i am glad i didnt because my yr icome for affidavite of suppoort exceeded what we needed.

another time i try and i saved up money for ticket, here come IRS with tax bill of $700.00 for me. he said finsih it and pay them. so i did. and then came all the extra paperwork for immigration, request for evidence and then i was sick for a month or so. i had 2 jobs at the time. i have an apartment i have to keep for him here so he has a place to live when he comes. we didnt want to live with any of his family here. again privacy...lol.

yes i have many pics of when i was there of me and his family and him. his best friend lives here in north carolina and we keep in touch always too.

Ok, so you only visited once in 2 years of marriage, basically and you married in the one-and-only trip. Then you followed his advice not to go so you don't miss out on work, which is very odd. Not good :(

To make matters worse, his ex-wife is now in her early 20's (old enough to be y'alls daughter) with whom you've become friends with.

See how diggin up a little helps? Judging by your story, the CO maybe thinks you're being scammed due to his previous marriage. I highly recommend you do more research on immigration fraud in MENA countries. This will help you understand why the CO made those conclusions.

Usually the tipical scam victim from MENA countries are younger men courting white older women outside of child bearing age who "begs" them to marry in their 1st visit; claiming they're incredibly in-love they can't live without them. After the male beneficiary steps in USA soil and receives his GC he then files for divorce or worse, disappears. When it is an older divorced male- such as your husband- the fraud entails divorcing their MENA wife, marrying a USC and moving to the USA. Once the GC is issued, he files for divorce from the USC and remarries his original wife to bring her over. This is an elaborate plan that of course takes years, but it happens.

With the K-1 visa, males simply don't even show up at the petitioner's doorstep. They run away and live here illegally. Those that do, must marry and stay married for at least 3 years until removal of conditions. That's hard to do, so most of them prefer to marry in their home countries. Another reason they prefer to marry in their home countries is they get to stay in their home countries with their local wife/ partner instead of waiting for the GC in the USA with their USC wife.

My now husband personally knows a guy that did this. My husband was so disgusted, he actually turned this guy in.

Judging by your picture you seem like a very loving wonderful woman. Your husband looks like a rockstar! Very beautiful girl. I hope this little bit of insight helps in understanding POSSIBLE reasons why this is happening. Again, and I repeat this: I HOPE I'M WRONG!

Edited by NY_BX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.