samy + janet aly

2nd interview at cairo embassy

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My suspicion exactly.....

So the 90 days are not the issue. The issue could be he took her back even though all the stamps are posted.

Then it is a story she isn't aware of....

about this here....90 days is the issue here. after a man divorces his wife after the 90 days, the court takes the marriage papers back and hands out the divorce papers. even if that man wanted to take his wife back say 6 months down the line, he cannot re-marry her. islamic law says that the ex husband can only remarry her after she has married someone else and they divorced.

Timeline

The bold statement above isn't accurate. Scam artists will wait what seems to be a lifetime to get what they want. That's why they're artists. It takes craft and effort to pull out the perfect scam/ lie and get away with it. Rarely anything illegal done by impulse works out.

I believe you. I really do. But that's not the issue. The CO needs to believe him. For some odd reason s/he didn't.

So, the other thing is, did you marry immediately after your divorce? I mean, how long did you wait? That's also a red flag on your part.

Another personal question: do you send him money? does he send you money? If you do, did he showed proof of this to the CO? Remember, that may be seen as paying off a contractual debt... if you know what I mean.

You as the USC needed to prepare him thoroughly for his interview. All the research should've been done and you should've have an answer for all these red flags. VJ is here to help you with that. If you see what I'm saying, then you see what the CO is trained to see at a glance. You do not need to prove you love him. He needs to prove he is telling the truth. This is a case where you're guilty until proven innocent. Horrible to think like that, but it is.

sorry about the bold statement..i dont knwo how that happen there...i will send you msg....ok

Timeline

One thing i would like to ask everyone, i came here to get feedback on the embassy and situation, not to have my husband put under s microscope and judged. my husband is not a criminal here nor is he anything bad. he lives his life right and by the ways of Allah!

my husband is a good man this i know. i have known him and his family for 4 yrs and he is a good man. he doesnt have to lie or cheat anyone to get what he wants in life. he leaves alot of things up to God to help him. I am his only wife and will be forever.

i know we have to look at everything thru the eyes of the CO but again none of this happened until my congressman got involved. if i hadnt involved them we might still be in AP for who knows how long.

everyone that goes thru the visa process to come here as an immigrant is put thru ringer.

so i ask please dont judge my husband until you sit and talk with him and see for yourself.

i am open to suggestions about the embassy and the process.

thanks for understanding here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

One thing i would like to ask everyone, i came here to get feedback on the embassy and situation, not to have my husband put under s microscope and judged. my husband is not a criminal here nor is he anything bad. he lives his life right and by the ways of Allah!

my husband is a good man this i know. i have known him and his family for 4 yrs and he is a good man. he doesnt have to lie or cheat anyone to get what he wants in life. he leaves alot of things up to God to help him. I am his only wife and will be forever.

i know we have to look at everything thru the eyes of the CO but again none of this happened until my congressman got involved. if i hadnt involved them we might still be in AP for who knows how long.

everyone that goes thru the visa process to come here as an immigrant is put thru ringer.

so i ask please dont judge my husband until you sit and talk with him and see for yourself.

i am open to suggestions about the embassy and the process.

thanks for understanding here!

There's no one here judging your husband. We do not know him, we don't even know you. That said, understand that the embassy is judging him. So, some of us are putting the COs hats on to attempt to understand where their judgment comes from. He had the opportunity to sit down and talk, twice. Your involvement doesn't even tickle AP. There's nothing you can do to do stop it, accelerate it, or even prevent it. AP is standard operating procedure for virtually every male in MENA countries. My now husband was on it for 10 days. Home visits are standard operating procedure for those under suspicion of fraud or misrepresentation.

Also understand, this is not about how much you know your husband and the love for each other. We care only because we want you to be happy. The embassy however, cares to keep people safe and outside the borders. Unfair, maybe, but it is what it is.

There will be 3rd chance at some point. It may take a couple of months the earliest. This are my last advices: you really do need to pack your bags and visit him. That will only solidify your case. Every day you're away from him, your case weakens. That's #1. If you haven't done so, you need to get notarized letters from friends and family (the ones in Egypt and the ones in the USA) telling the embassy of your genuine relationship. If the letters are in arabic, have them translated. I don't know what else was in your packet, but add any proof you may have (pictures, bank statements, etc.) that you are together. That's #2. And, if after all this that doesn't work, get a lawyer.

Good luck.

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

My suspicion exactly.....

So the 90 days are not the issue. The issue could be he took her back even though all the stamps are posted.

Then it is a story she isn't aware of....

The OP husbands issue is not the 90 days, which I dont see how it holds up, cause she mentioned her was already divorced 2 years or a tad longer. I think its just general AP, with a touch of the home visits.

Not understand how the C.O. thinks his divorce papers were bogus........ so something is missing there on that issue.

And who knows what is in the head of the C.O., its baffeling........

Wishing her and all of us the very best of luck....

event.png

event.png

Timeline

The OP husbands issue is not the 90 days, which I dont see how it holds up, cause she mentioned her was already divorced 2 years or a tad longer. I think its just general AP, with a touch of the home visits.

Not understand how the C.O. thinks his divorce papers were bogus........ so something is missing there on that issue.

And who knows what is in the head of the C.O., its baffeling........

Wishing her and all of us the very best of luck....

thank you...

if they did their homework, in Islamic law a "revocable divorce" along with the 90 day waiting period means the husband if he wishes he can keep that wife without her permission BEFORE the 90 days is finished. if he does not take her back in that 90 days, then after the 90 days the divorce is final.

the court then takes back their marriage papers and gives them divorce papers.

we now have papers from the courts there dated may 21 2012 to show they are divorced.

i want to thank you again for your support!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.