danver

Consequences of not filing AR 11

6 posts in this topic

Yes -

You can't get any paperwork from them in a timely manner (goes to old address).

also - it's the law that you need to do this - guess what happens when you break the law?

Where Can I Find The Law?

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) is a law that governs immigration in the United States. For the part of the law concerning reporting of your address and for the penalties if you do not comply, please see INA § 265 and 266. The specific requirements for reporting your change of address are federal regulations found in 8 CFR Part 265 and 8 CFR § 264.1(f)(6)concern designated special registrants.

It's easy to change your address - and make sure your sponsor does the same (they use a different form)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Penalties for Failure to Comply

A willful failure to give written notice to the USCIS of a change of address within 10 days of moving to the new address is a misdemeanor crime. If convicted, you (or parent or legal guardian of an alien under age 14 who is required to give notice) can be fined up to $200 or imprisoned up to 30 days, or both. The alien may also be subject to removal from the United States. (INA § 266(b)). Compliance with the requirement to notify the USCIS of any address changes is also a condition of your stay in the United States. Failure to comply could also jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefit.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Penalties for Failure to Comply

A willful failure to give written notice to the USCIS of a change of address within 10 days of moving to the new address is a misdemeanor crime. If convicted, you (or parent or legal guardian of an alien under age 14 who is required to give notice) can be fined up to $200 or imprisoned up to 30 days, or both. The alien may also be subject to removal from the United States. (INA § 266(b)). Compliance with the requirement to notify the USCIS of any address changes is also a condition of your stay in the United States. Failure to comply could also jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefit.

It is my friend who moves 3 months ago not me i still live in the same address since i came here in '07. Can she still file for AR 11 now? How would they know if she moved and when she moved?

Yes -

You can't get any paperwork from them in a timely manner (goes to old address).

also - it's the law that you need to do this - guess what happens when you break the law?

It's easy to change your address - and make sure your sponsor does the same (they use a different form)

Oh no!! let me ask u about this. My sister in law who was our co-sponsor when we filed I-130 for my 2 kids bought a house and has new address now and i did not know that i have to file for change of address for my co-sponsor as well. AM i gonna be in trouble for not doing this?

What form should i use if i file change of address for my co-sponsor? is she the one who files or me?

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A sponsor should file form I-865. The sponor should file it for themselves. The AR-11 is for an alien to report their change of address.

Oh no!! let me ask u about this. My sister in law who was our co-sponsor when we filed I-130 for my 2 kids bought a house and has new address now and i did not know that i have to file for change of address for my co-sponsor as well. AM i gonna be in trouble for not doing this?

What form should i use if i file change of address for my co-sponsor? is she the one who files or me?

thanks

donald -n- analyn

For Filipino events on the Space Coast, see our organization's web site.

2006-09-21 :: met online

2007-05-23 :: first met in Philippines

2009-03-22 :: welcome to USA, POE Detroit!!!

2009-06-13 :: married in Florida!!!

2010-03-18 :: AoS approved, no interview :-)

See our timeline for the riveting details! Good luck on YOUR journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.