Kyivan

Crimea

7 posts in this topic

About 7 years ago I stayed at a sanatorium in Livadia, Ukraine. It's about 10 miles by bus to downtown Yalta. It was a great place. It had been a palace but was converted into this health resort. There was lots to see and do, from taking the tram up to the top of the nearby mountains, to lounging along the Black Sea. The former tsar palace is not far away where the Yalta Conference of World War II was held. The boardwalk along the Black Sea in Yalta is delightful with restaurants and shops. They had a spot where you could dress up like royalty of old and have photos taken. It was a great time. Of course, the food at the sanatorium was included in the price and it was "healthy" for you. I think that means it has little taste. :rofl:

I am sure there are several resorts there to choose from. Sorry, I can't remember the exact name but I'm pretty sure any one there would be nice. Have your SO look into some spas there. We also took a bus tour over to Massandra winery. The wine tasting portion was more of a wine drinking than a tasting. Most of their wines are too fruity tasting for me. But it was interesting and fun. :devil:

About 7 years ago I stayed at a sanatorium in Livadia, Ukraine. It's about 10 miles by bus to downtown Yalta. It was a great place. It had been a palace but was converted into this health resort. There was lots to see and do, from taking the tram up to the top of the nearby mountains, to lounging along the Black Sea. The former tsar palace is not far away where the Yalta Conference of World War II was held. The boardwalk along the Black Sea in Yalta is delightful with restaurants and shops. They had a spot where you could dress up like royalty of old and have photos taken. It was a great time. Of course, the food at the sanatorium was included in the price and it was "healthy" for you. I think that means it has little taste. :rofl:

I am sure there are several resorts there to choose from. Sorry, I can't remember the exact name but I'm pretty sure any one there would be nice. Have your SO look into some spas there. We also took a bus tour over to Massandra winery. The wine tasting portion was more of a wine drinking than a tasting. Most of their wines are too fruity tasting for me. But it was interesting and fun. :devil:

The above is a must for everyone, but also go to Sevastopol and Balakava. In Yalta you can stay at the tourist hotel or any other fine hotels in the area. I have a personal love for Simferopol. :-) Been there so many times, I am practically a resident. But between Yalta, Alushta, Sevastopol and Balakava (near Sevastopol) you will have a great time. Good Luck to you!!!

The above is a must for everyone, but also go to Sevastopol and Balakava. In Yalta you can stay at the tourist hotel or any other fine hotels in the area. I have a personal love for Simferopol. :-) Been there so many times, I am practically a resident. But between Yalta, Alushta, Sevastopol and Balakava (near Sevastopol) you will have a great time. Good Luck to you!!!

I agree, there are so many wonderful spots in Crimea, it's really no surprise the Russia wants it back. We looked at renting an entire hotel floor a couple of years ago for my wife and her family but after adding up the total costs it didn't make sense. The hotel floor was really reasonable, it was all the other things that made it too expensive. But, definitely look into the many resorts. The summer gets crowded so start now. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Where would you recommend to go in Crimea?

( for those that have been )

And where would you recommend to stay away from?

Please specify town/hotel/flat/house

Thanks!

Simferopol, Kerch, Sevastopol, Yalta definately. I spent 3 months in Simferopol in 2009 and 2 weeks in Kerch this April. Defiately try to find a flat to rent. I rented a very nice 1 room (with seperate kitchen) in Simferopol for $500 a month for 2 months in 2009. all services etc. included. Sadly it was arranged by a good friend, so I do not know who to advise you to contact.

In Kerch this last trip I stayed in the Hotel Kerch - recently remodeled very nice huge room, 2 blocks from Lenin Square, about $50 a night, decent if not spactaculr breakfast included. Kerch is a 4 hour bus ride from Simferopol (about 60 Hrivna $7). Wonderful historic things to see and a pretty city.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm from Simferopol (nothing to see there, pretty much).

Go to Yalta, Alushta, Sevastopol (museums and port), Bahchisaraj (dunno how it's spelled properly) for the Khan's Palace.

Khersones (ancient ruins).

Botanical Gardens, for sure too.

Other than that - figure it out once you get there. There's lots of places to see.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

I'm from Simferopol (nothing to see there, pretty much).

Go to Yalta, Alushta, Sevastopol (museums and port), Bahchisaraj (dunno how it's spelled properly) for the Khan's Palace.

Khersones (ancient ruins).

Botanical Gardens, for sure too.

Other than that - figure it out once you get there. There's lots of places to see.

Definitely Botanical Gardens!!! Been there 4 times, as recent as last year. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.