Jaspreet

Got NVC case num - now few questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My I-129F petition got approved on 31st March 2011

Got NOA2 hard copy as well.

Recieved letter from NVC mentioning the NVC case num.

Called NVC, they said that they have sent the file to the US Embassy in beneficiary's country.

Now my question is:

1.) how would i know whether the embassy has recieved it? (emailed them 2 days back asking them the same thing, but no reply as yet)

2.) can i (beneficiary) straight away go to the embassy to collect the duplicate copy of Packet 3?

3.) can i pay the visa fee right now (without any letter from embassy) and schedule an appointment for interview?

Thnx for the answers in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Call DOS and ask them if the embassy has the case and has logged it yet.

After its been logged they send packet 3 or the beneficiary can pick it up (depending on what the embassy does for that part)

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1. you can call the embassy and ask if they have encoded your case into their system already.

2. just wait for the packet, i dont think personal pick up is allowed :)

3. yes, pay the visa fee in advance.

have you finished medical exams already?

Most of the time you cannot have the medical before you have packet 3.

Most embassys have different methods of giving out packet 3. Some have to be picked up, some are mailed and some are available online.

You pay the visa fee when you are requested too by most embassys. Not just "whenever in advance" But it is usually requested in advance and requested to be payed at a certain location or through a certain web-portal.

Almost all embassys will not pick up a phone and most have NO phoneline at all. Only email or fax contact which is almost never answered. The best way to get information when you are at the embassy stage is to call DOS.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.