ER Team :)

Confusing mail from USCIS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone!

Recently I have posted a thread in relation to the email we got from USCIS saying that the status of our case is document/card production...I'm sure you've seen those. Yesterday we got a hard copy document in mail.

when filing I-129f in November our lawyer put Warsaw,Poland in Q20 ( when they ask about the consulate). Although I'm a Polish citizen I reside and work in Dublin, Ireland. Couple of weeks ago we called, since we wanted to have that changed. We really want the interview to be in Dublin since it will save as a lot of money, not mentioning the hustle!

What came in mail was 2 things.

Simply a note that we made the request and that the consulate will be chosen by the State Department when the CSC approve the petition.

BUT

Along with that came a note that they received a changed of address request and want us to fill out a AR-11. Which doesn't make any sense to me... they ask in that form to fill out present and last address...which would be exactly the same in our case! ?They're also asking for Alien number and port of entry details which do not apply to me. Any one has any insight or thoughts to share?

What is more they're telling us in that note to fill out that form (AR-11) and send it to address in London...why London? Does anyone know?

We're getting frustrated...we're almost on our 5 month mark and were hoping for an NOA2 soon... We were hoping to get married on memorial weekend...

How should we proceed with that? I know you'll probably say to call them...which we will...I'm just hoping to get some insight from anyone with proper knowledge and/or experience.

Edited by ER Team :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

[quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1301386211' post='4571871]

Hi everyone!

Recently I have posted a thread in relation to the email we got from USCIS saying that the status of our case is document/card production...I'm sure you've seen those. Yesterday we got a hard copy document in mail.

when filing I-129f in November our lawyer put Warsaw,Poland in Q20 ( when they ask about the consulate). Although I'm a Polish citizen I reside and work in Dublin, Ireland. Couple of weeks ago we called, since we wanted to have that changed. We really want the interview to be in Dublin since it will save as a lot of money, not mentioning the hustle!

Simply a note that we made the request and that the consulate will be chosen by the State Department when the CSC approve the petition.

BUT

Along with that came a note that they received a changed of address request and want us to fill out a AR-11. Which doesn't make any sense to me... they ask in that form to fill out present and last address...which would be exactly the same in our case! ?They're also asking for Alien number and port of entry details which do not apply to me. Any one has any insight or thoughts to share?

What is more they're telling us in that note to fill out that form (AR-11) and send it to address in London...why London? Does anyone know?

We're getting frustrated...we're almost on our 5 month mark and were hoping for an NOA2 soon... We were hoping to get married on memorial weekend...

How should we proceed with that? I know you'll probably say to call them...which we will...I'm just hoping to get some insight from anyone with proper knowledge and/or experience.

Hi, like I told you I nearly got the same message. We got this AR-11 too. In our case it turned out that USCIS made a mistake and had a wrong zip-code from my fiance, they tried to mail us the NOA1 but was re-mailed to them, so they tried it again and attached this strange letter and AR-11. The AR-11 only applies for address changes of aliens. My fiance tries to call today to correct the zip code. Maybe check if they have a wrong address of you or if something else is not right in the data?

Edited by Zara_

K1:

03/03/11 filed for K1

03/08/11 NOA1

06/06/11 NOA2

07/06/11 pack 3

07/22/11 pack 4

08/04/11 interview

08/10/11 visa in mail

AOS:

11/19/11 POE @ Seattle
12/08/11 Wedding heart.gif
01/11/12 filed for AOS/EAD/AP
01/17/12 NOA 1 (hardcopy)
02/08/12 biometrics
03/21/12 EAD/AP combo-card received // applied for SSN
03/22/12 AOS interview - approved! (after 2 month 11 days)
03/26/12 received "Welcome to the United States"-letter and SSN
03/30/12 GC in hands!!!

ROC:

01/04/14 filed for ROC

01/07/14 NOA 1

02/03/14 biometrics

04/17/14 approved

04/23/14 GC in hands

Citizenship:

02/24/15 BBG approved (permit to retain German citizenship)

04/15/15 N-400 filed

04/21/15 check cashed

04/24/15 NOA1 (priority date 04/16)

05/11/15 biometrics (early walk-in 05/04/15)

05/14/15 in-line for interview

10/17/15 interview letter in mail

11/17/15 interview

11/20/15 oath ceremony

I'm a U.S. citizen!

12/04/15 U.S. passport

Timeline

Hi everyone!

BUT

It's London, KY, not London, UK :) Not sure why they want the AR-11 from you but I suspect they need it to change the assigned consulate?

Edited by nane1104

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hi, like I told you I nearly got the same message. We got this AR-11 too. In our case it turned out that USCIS made a mistake and had a wrong zip-code from my fiance, they tried to mail us the NOA1 but was re-mailed to them, so they tried it again and attached this strange letter and AR-11. The AR-11 only applies for address changes of aliens. My fiance tries to call today to correct the zip code. Maybe check if they have a wrong address of you or if something else is not right in the data?

Hi Zara,

I know what you mean, but trust me, I checked it twice and we did not have errors with our addresses. We did receive our NOA1 with no problems. Therefore I think, since we requested a consulate change, maybe they assumed my address changed? But I'm not an alien, am I? All we wanted to change is the consulate warsaw - to dublin in Q20.... oh boy, what a mess. Good luck Zara and thanks for your insight :)

Timeline

It's London, KY, not London, UK :) Not sure why they want the AR-11 from you but I suspect they need it to change the assigned consulate?

Okay...I feel dumb now, I'm so close to The London, England that I assumed it's the London they meant! Geez, that teaches me to read things twice... Thanks for that :)

I think that's why teh yneeed it, but the again in the form they ask for last and present address - in my case it's the same address...i di not change my address...it's all correct in our pettition...

the consulate hasn't been assigned yet.. we have not been approved yet! All we wanted was to change Warsaw, Poland to Dublin, Ireland in Q20 in I-129f... will try to call and find sth out today...

Thanks!

Timeline

[quote name=ER Team :)' timestamp='1301390283' post='4571905]

Okay...I feel dumb now, I'm so close to The London, England that I assumed it's the London they meant! Geez, that teaches me to read things twice... Thanks for that :)

I think that's why teh yneeed it, but the again in the form they ask for last and present address - in my case it's the same address...i di not change my address...it's all correct in our pettition...

the consulate hasn't been assigned yet.. we have not been approved yet! All we wanted was to change Warsaw, Poland to Dublin, Ireland in Q20 in I-129f... will try to call and find sth out today...

Thanks!

No problem, was thinking "what the heck" too, when I saw the address the first time until it "clicked" LOL

Yeah, Maybe you get to talk to a real person who will be able to tell you what you need to do. I suspect there is no special form to request a consulate change so they do it backwards by "changing" your address in the system which would lead automatically to a consulate change!?? But then it's USCIS....that kind of thinking would almost require common sense.

Good luck! Waiting to hear about any results from your call....

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

So..instead of calling, we did an appointment at the local field office via infopass...My fiance had quite an experience with the immigration officer at the field office...who seemed to know nothing until my fiance got mad and had to talk soem sense into that guy...we finally found out what was it about...when some clerks were putting our case in the system they mixed up my fiance's address with our lawyer's address...and when we called to have the consulate changed, they corrected the mistake. Whenever address is updated they send that mail and form - it's a standard procedure...so he ended up getting a print out of all our cas updates and he managed to find out that we should hear sth soon as they are doing a lot of cases at the moment to speed it up a bit...so NOA2 anyday I hope! We even made bets on when we get it, the looser will have to do laundry for a month after we will finally be able to move in together :)

Oh, and we don;t have to fill out any AR-11 forms or any other such thing!

Edited by ER Team :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.