B&G

Interview at the at National Benefits Center?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Today I received the following email. Does it mean that I will have to go to the National Benefits Center for an interview or are they going to transfer my case to my local office and my interview will be held there? Has anyone experienced this before?

Thank you.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On January 28, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for March x, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nope, they wont make you fly all the way to Missouri, they will send case to your field office IF they decide to do an interview, or them simply send to California for adjudication and possible approval without an interview.

That notice is standard boiler plate, it means they have your application and are waiting for next step. (Biometrics and possible interview)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

I got the exact same message two days ago. According to this they mailed a letter so hopefully when I get it I will be smarter. The online update seems to be very confusing considering locations. My previous update said they transfered my files to the Vermont Service Center (it didn't make sense as I sent there originally), but when I got the mail notification it said it was transferred to NBC.

Today I received the following email. Does it mean that I will have to go to the National Benefits Center for an interview or are they going to transfer my case to my local office and my interview will be held there? Has anyone experienced this before?

Thank you.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On January 28, 2011, we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for March x, 2011, at NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

I-360

4/6/2010 - I-360 filed

4/14/2010 - Prima Facie determination

5/5/2010 - I-360 Approved

AOS

11/15/2010 - I-485, I-765, I-131 filed

11/30/2010 - NOA received

12/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

12/23/2010 - Attended biometrics

1/3/2011 - Notice of I-485 transferred to NBC

1/29/2011 - Interview notice received for March 1st

2/7/2011 - EAD arrived

2/11/2011 - AP arrived

3/1/2011 - Attended interview

1/7/2012 - Received permanent resident card

Filed: Timeline

Nope, they wont make you fly all the way to Missouri, they will send case to your field office IF they decide to do an interview, or them simply send to California for adjudication and possible approval without an interview.

That notice is standard boiler plate, it means they have your application and are waiting for next step. (Biometrics and possible interview)

Hi,

I received the same message about an interview in March at the benefits center. If they told me the date, how is that a standard boiler plate? Does that mean there is no actual date yet?

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.