KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We got our Notice of Intent to Revoke...I am so nervous now! Denial was based on inconsistencies in his interview. Just wanted to keep you updated. I am so scared right now :(

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

We got our Notice of Intent to Revoke...I am so nervous now! Denial was based on inconsistencies in his interview. Just wanted to keep you updated. I am so scared right now :(

Im so sorry. Answer every question. Good luck.

Salaams Tany,

Sorry to hear about the NOIR. I don't know anything about things at that point but I looked up NOIR and found this little thread where the NOIR was received and then the case was reaffirmed. And, didn't that just happen to someone here on MENA as well?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/329175-recieved-noir-today/

Hopefully that's the link to the thread. If you were going the lawyer route, the lawyer he mentioned does initial consultations on cases for about $200. (I don't think he does free initial consults). There's also an immigration lawyer named Laurel Scott, who does weekly live web chats for an hour where you can log in, see other ppl's questions and have the opportunity to send your own in.

I don't know exactly what you do for an NOIR, but I wish you only good things and hope it ultimately results in good things for you. :star:

Timeline

Salaams Tany,

Sorry to hear about the NOIR. I don't know anything about things at that point but I looked up NOIR and found this little thread where the NOIR was received and then the case was reaffirmed. And, didn't that just happen to someone here on MENA as well?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/329175-recieved-noir-today/

Hopefully that's the link to the thread. If you were going the lawyer route, the lawyer he mentioned does initial consultations on cases for about $200. (I don't think he does free initial consults). There's also an immigration lawyer named Laurel Scott, who does weekly live web chats for an hour where you can log in, see other ppl's questions and have the opportunity to send your own in.

I don't know exactly what you do for an NOIR, but I wish you only good things and hope it ultimately results in good things for you. :star:

Thankfully I am in touch with a few people who are going through this, so I feel we have a small support group. I am glad we know exactly what the problem is, (which is what we thought all along). So, we begin the arduous task of organizing all our proofs again. Keep you guys updated!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Glad you're in touch with a group of people who can help & support you.

Just saw another cr1 denied out of Casa today. Tougher and tougher on some, yet the one with the red flags described yesterday was approved. Casa seems to be totally unpredictable...

Timeline

Just saw another cr1 denied out of Casa today. Tougher and tougher on some, yet the one with the red flags described yesterday was approved. Casa seems to be totally unpredictable...

They had the following problems with us:

-He didn't explain why he looked for a woman online

-We moved too fast, which tells them he was looking for the first person who would even talk with him

-They claim that one interview, he said it was my idea to go to morocco, but that in the second interview, he said it was his idea (I made the first comment about going to meet him before I made my mind about being with him. 2 to 3 days later, he said I am welcome to come visit)

-Hubby said we fell in love when we met in person, but our chats show we felt that way before. (Hubby meant to say that was when we REALLY knew we wanted to be together)

-Hubby knows nothing about my ex hubby, and hubby could only speak in general terms when discussing his feelings for me

We knew we moved quickly, but damn it, its over three years we have been together now. Been to see him 4 times now. So, now I have mom, sisters, myself and hubby writing letters, and I will send chats, texts, and phone records to show we talk every single day. They stated they want to see how we interacted before engagement, after engagement, after denial, after marriage. Thankfully, nothing has changed. I talk to this man almost every single day! LOL I am actually happy and relieved to finally know what the exact problem is. So here we go!

Edited by tany1157

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

Yeah. It was mine....again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They had the following problems with us:

-He didn't explain why he looked for a woman online

-We moved too fast, which tells them he was looking for the first person who would even talk with him

-They claim that one interview, he said it was my idea to go to morocco, but that in the second interview, he said it was his idea (I made the first comment about going to meet him before I made my mind about being with him. 2 to 3 days later, he said I am welcome to come visit)

-Hubby said we fell in love when we met in person, but our chats show we felt that way before. (Hubby meant to say that was when we REALLY knew we wanted to be together)

-Hubby knows nothing about my ex hubby, and hubby could only speak in general terms when discussing his feelings for me

We knew we moved quickly, but damn it, its over three years we have been together now. Been to see him 4 times now. So, now I have mom, sisters, myself and hubby writing letters, and I will send chats, texts, and phone records to show we talk every single day. They stated they want to see how we interacted before engagement, after engagement, after denial, after marriage. Thankfully, nothing has changed. I talk to this man almost every single day! LOL I am actually happy and relieved to finally know what the exact problem is. So here we go!

This is very good you know!! And thanks for sharing it with us...it might help others in this group

Good luck with your collection of proof. Stay strong

:star:

event.png

event.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Thought I'd drag this topic out since Tany's going to be going thru another interview soon!

Monica, how is everything going with you? How has your husband's adjustment been?

You're such a doll :luv:

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

I am finally going to be entering the NVC stage of the process. Still have a loong ways to go, but all of you that have been through this process or are still trekking through, what advise do you have for us?

I know that I am going to include a ton of additional evidence of our relationship to NVC. I know I need to prepare my husband for an exhausting and intensive interview. lol

I am finally going to be entering the NVC stage of the process. Still have a loong ways to go, but all of you that have been through this process or are still trekking through, what advise do you have for us?

I know that I am going to include a ton of additional evidence of our relationship to NVC. I know I need to prepare my husband for an exhausting and intensive interview. lol

The process is a blur to me, but doesn't the interview come fairly quickly after the NVC step? I could be totally wrong but that's what

I remember. Anyway I would say as far as preparing, go through all of the sample questions on here. They are all over the place around vj.

Make sure your husband knows all of the answers & can convey them in a social, non-rehearsed manner. In other words, make sure he knows the answers

& is comfortable so that he's able to be himself during the interview.

Do you have any red flags & if so, don't avoid them but be prepared for him to be able to address them directly & confidently.

That's all I can think of right now.

Oh, as far as proof, we did the minimum but most important. i.e. We dis not provide any personal chat conversations. By the time we had the third or fourth interview

we had years of cell phone bills which showed his daily calls to me & showed our multiple texts to each other every day. So we were able to show multiple communications per day without exposing any detailed private conversations. But other ppl have had to submit chats. By the time of the final interview I had visited 8 or 9 times & had the tickets for the trips & the pictures we took in our travels when we were there. We had wedding pics with his family & they asked why we didn't have a big wedding in Morocco. That could have been a red flag & has been for other ppl but they accepted the honest answer - I didn't want one there; i wanted it here.

So that's all I remember right now. Any specific questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Actually, we did the following with NVC, we were notified of the approval on Feb 15:

He appointed me as his representative to deal with NVC(I printed the form, filled it out and scanned it to him in PDF format and asked him to print, sign and send it right back. I sent it to NVC via email it was accepted).

I paid for the AOS once you get a receipt then they accept the actual form ($88).

I typed the Affidavit of Support (included all the supporting documents for taxes returns) initially I sent it express mail but they did not receive it so I emailed it to them and they accepted it.

I was then asked to pay for the visa ($405) once you get a receipt then you can send the form.

I typed his visa application, printed it, scanned and sent it to him in softcopy (pdf)and he printed them, signed it and sent it back with all his supporting documents originals with translation (birth certificate, police report, court report). He send it to me express took about 9 days to arrive.

Once NVC processed the visa it took about 3 weeks, they called me and told me that my appointment could not be in April because they closed out the visa on 30 or 31 Mar too late for April they only issue dates the second week of the month and by that date all appointments were taken. They asked that I call them back at the end of the second week in April to see if they could fit me into May with the embassy. When I called the interview date was for 27 May.

Recommendations, have him send you all the supporting documents and visa form as soon as possible it can take a while to get here. Also, make a good binder of all you have done paperwork wise and make sure he has all the paperwork. We sent a copy of the title to the home we own together, the properties I own, Memorandums from my banks stating when I opened the accounts, how much I deposit per year and what the current balance was, and proof of money transfers between us. Lastly, I sent him all the conversations for the interview, the NVC did not ask for these we submitted them at the interview but perhaps if you sent it with the visa application the CO may read them beforehand this could help or not

I was blessed to go to Morocco while he did the interview and I drilled him for about a week before the interview on what all the forms were, what their purpose was and how he had to know it all. I did mock interviews using all the possible questions on VJ lol you can never be too prepared, he felt like he was in the Army appearing before a promotion board. He did well considering the book was a 3 inch binder then the conversations and pics was a separate binder.

Oh yes we added the two additional visits and all the pics, I made between submitting the request and the interview date.

Good Luck,

Edited by MIBEN

• 6 months later...
Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

The CO who interviewed me used the tactics she learned to jumble the whole thing, not to mention that she exaggerated on interrupter me, it was really severe.

I think your fiance/spouse experienced the same JUMBLE, i'm sure your fiance/spouse did well but the CO caused the whole inconsistencies which caused your denial, but happily you're together now, consgrats.

Ayoub & Pamela

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.