Beth & Chard

Scheduling the Interview - Manila

114 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone used this yet? After I pay my K1 Visa Application fee at Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) and get my Unique Identification Number (UID)

Can I just go on the electronic scheduling system and schedule the Interview Appointment? or do I need other documents or authorization?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't now if this is why some members have had trouble scheduling an interview. in the past, the physical petition had to be at the Embassy before an interview could be scheduled. when you call NVC and they give your MNL case number and say your petition has been sent to the Embassy on a certain date, an electronic version of your petition was sent to the Embassy. the actual physical petition could take a week to 10 days. if having trouble scheduling an interview, you might call the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy 011-63-2-301-2000 ext 5184 or 5185 to see if your physical petition has arrived at the Embassy.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

I don't now if this is why some members have had trouble scheduling an interview. in the past, the physical petition had to be at the Embassy before an interview could be scheduled. when you call NVC and they give your MNL case number and say your petition has been sent to the Embassy on a certain date, an electronic version of your petition was sent to the Embassy. the actual physical petition could take a week to 10 days. if having trouble scheduling an interview, you might call the Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy 011-63-2-301-2000 ext 5184 or 5185 to see if your physical petition has arrived at the Embassy.

Excellent suggestion, I'll follow up on that, thank you.

They are trying to figure out the Embassy's incomprehensible, bug-ridden new scheduling process on this thread.

da ja vue document verification!!! :wow:

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

da ja vue document verification!!! :wow:

Document verification was thankfully just before my time!!! :P:D

Was it worse than this mess of a new scheduling system? :ranting:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-01-13

NVC letter: 2011-02-01

USEM LETTER: 2011-02-11

INTERVIEW: 2011-04-04 VISA APPROVED

POE: 2011-05-02 MINEAPOLIS/ST PAUL

WEDDING: 2011-06-18

Prayer teaches us to wait;it clears our visions;it quiets our heart and it activates our faith.Glow like the sunrise and be humble like the sunset.

event.png

Timeline

sunandmoon, I think you have something there. Also, I am thinking that perhaps (just a guess) the application fee has to be paid prior to

someone "activating" one's ability to schedule. It would seem logical and make sense. If they say that a person can schedule 4 hours after paying the fee,

it seems scheduling is fee dependent. I can not see the Embassy giving up control of the ability to "activate" someone to all the BPI branches in the Phils.

So the big question in my mind is how does BPI communicate to embassy staff that someone has paid their fee. I am thinking that maybe that is what is behind

the message I get when I try to schedule, that refers to validity as being two days to one year. I am doing a lot of guessing here and making as many assumptions.

So the planetary alignment goes something like this:

Physical petition at the Embassy

Fee is paid to BPI

BPI notifies Embassy fee is paid

Embassy activates scheduling ability

Timeline

sunandmoon, I think you have something there. Also, I am thinking that perhaps (just a guess) the application fee has to be paid prior to

someone "activating" one's ability to schedule. It would seem logical and make sense. If they say that a person can schedule 4 hours after paying the fee,

it seems scheduling is fee dependent. I can not see the Embassy giving up control of the ability to "activate" someone to all the BPI branches in the Phils.

So the big question in my mind is how does BPI communicate to embassy staff that someone has paid their fee. I am thinking that maybe that is what is behind

the message I get when I try to schedule, that refers to validity as being two days to one year. I am doing a lot of guessing here and making as many assumptions.

So the planetary alignment goes something like this:

Physical petition at the Embassy

Fee is paid to BPI

BPI notifies Embassy fee is paid

Embassy activates scheduling ability

12 hours post application fee payment, now I am getting the message "Case Type Number is invalid"

I do not have a UID (Unique Identification number) Does anyone know where this comes from?

I have been entering MNL number in this space

i got my UID once i got the confirmation for the schedule. the confirmation page has it. where are you trying to schedule? my suggestion would be to call, even if it takes forever, you will get through eventually!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

I just tried to schedule an appointment on that thing and it was HORRIBLE.

First of all, it does give you the UID when you first sign up. But it NEVER tells you you need this information to log in again. Guess what? Without it you are screwed as there is no way to have the site send it to you if you didn't write it down.

So I went through and scheduled mine. For case type number I entered my full MNL case # and it accepted it (with MNL in it). Scheduling the interview was not a problem. The problem was after it was done and I go to get the appointment letter. I downloaded it in PDF format. When i open it it asks me for a password. They NEVER gave me a password (and I looked on the site there was none). I tried entering my MNL number, passport #, etc but nothing worked. I went back and told it to email it to me figuring maybe it would send the password in the email, but have not received anything. When I tried to go back again my connection to the site got screwed up. I go back to log in, but I don't have a UID, so there is no way I can log in.

i am going to call the phone # for setting appointments. I suggest you do the same. 2-982-5555 in the phillipines.

The earliest available date was Dec 17th and the last available date was in the middle of january.

07-28-2009 : Met online

10-14-2009 : Met for the first time in Cebu, had to go back 11-1-2009

01-14-2010 : Moved to Cebu

02-25-2010 : Married

10-14-2010 : DCF I-130 at Manila Embassy

10-21-2010 : Additional requested supporting evidence received at embassy

11-05-2010 : I-130 application approved

11-11-2010 : Received Packet 3 via Fed Ex with MNL Case #

11-18-2010 : Packet 3 (DS-230 and Interview request) received at embassy

11-22-2010 : Calling to try and get an interview date set!

12-16-2010 : Medical completed in Manila at St. Lukes

12-17-2010 : Flying back to the US to prepare for Maricel's arrival

01-12-2011 : Interview Set

01-12-2011 : APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-20-2011 : Receive Visa

01-25-2011 : CFO Seminar completed - ready to go!

02-12-2011 : Leave Manila

02-13-2011 : POE at Houston, TX

OK, I figured it out. The password to the PDF interview letter is the password you used when you signed up to the interview system. It also has the UID in the interview letter so I lucked out and have it from that. I am all set - Jan 11 @ 7:15am.

Timeline

I just tried to schedule an appointment on that thing and it was HORRIBLE.

First of all, it does give you the UID when you first sign up. But it NEVER tells you you need this information to log in again. Guess what? Without it you are screwed as there is no way to have the site send it to you if you didn't write it down.

So I went through and scheduled mine. For case type number I entered my full MNL case # and it accepted it (with MNL in it). Scheduling the interview was not a problem. The problem was after it was done and I go to get the appointment letter. I downloaded it in PDF format. When i open it it asks me for a password. They NEVER gave me a password (and I looked on the site there was none). I tried entering my MNL number, passport #, etc but nothing worked. I went back and told it to email it to me figuring maybe it would send the password in the email, but have not received anything. When I tried to go back again my connection to the site got screwed up. I go back to log in, but I don't have a UID, so there is no way I can log in.

i am going to call the phone # for setting appointments. I suggest you do the same. 2-982-5555 in the phillipines.

The earliest available date was Dec 17th and the last available date was in the middle of january.

Isn't it asking for the password we create when we first log on, the one we write twice to confirm it?

Big John, did you receive a letter or message form the Embassy about your packet being there?

OK, I figured it out. The password to the PDF interview letter is the password you used when you signed up to the interview system. It also has the UID in the interview letter so I lucked out and have it from that. I am all set - Jan 11 @ 7:15am.

Ah so you did get a letter from them, right?

Timeline

i got my UID once i got the confirmation for the schedule. the confirmation page has it. where are you trying to schedule? my suggestion would be to call, even if it takes forever, you will get through eventually!

messybrownhair, did you also get the letter from the embassy before you were able to schedule?

How was the letter sent? Email? Snail mail? Courier?

In the online system, the UID is displayed when you register, when your scheduled time is confirmed, and it is listed in the interview confirmation PDF page. You can download the confirmation letter from the website online or have it sent to you, though mine never arrived when I requested it by email.

Yes I did get a letter - i downloaded it after finishing the scheduling steps. I tried to have it sent to me when it asked for a password but it never sent it by email. I eventually figured out what password they wanted and was able to open it. Yes it is the password you create when you register to set the appointment, it just never tells you that on the website you have to guess that :)

I called the embassy and they said I was eligible to schedule the appointment. I have been calling them every couple of days for the last couple of weeks waiting. Unfortunately the date that would have been best for me was this month no longer available so I went ahead and schedule it for next month instead.

Edited by BigJohn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.