Sand

i got some questions please.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi guys and ladies.

i got a fast and easy questions but not to me lol. about N/A and None.

for example. Part 1. C. If you have ever used other names, provide them below. so i have never used any other names so what should to write N/A or None?

And on part 8. F.

If you were married before, provide the following information about your prior spouse. If you have more than one previous

marriage, use a separate sheet(s) of paper to provide the information requested in Questions 1-5 below. what should to write there ? N/A or none. <I am married now but I have never been married before>

==========================================

Part 9. Information about your children.

How many sons and daughters have you had? For more information on which sons and

daughters you should include and how to complete this section. Okay i dont have any children what should to write.? None or N/A??

=========================================

Part 10. Additional questions. (Continued.)

B. Affiliations.

8. a Have you ever been a member of or associated with any organization, association, fund

foundation, party, club, society or similar group in the United States or in any other place? Okay i have never been a member in any organization, association,

so what should to write ? N/A or None?

oh wait i am not done yet lol. i want u to help me and calculate for me the time i am eligible to file for my citizenship, i got my 10 Years green card on 12/27/2007 so my calculating says i am eligible on the 29 of this month am i right?

Thanks alot.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi guys and ladies.

i got a fast and easy questions but not to me lol. about N/A and None.

for example. Part 1. C. If you have ever used other names, provide them below. so i have never used any other names so what should to write N/A or None? If you have no other names.

And on part 8. F.

If you were married before, provide the following information about your prior spouse. If you have more than one previous

marriage, use a separate sheet(s) of paper to provide the information requested in Questions 1-5 below. what should to write there ? N/A or none. <I am married now but I have never been married before> Since you only have been married once, listing previous spouses is non-applicable.

==========================================

Part 9. Information about your children.

How many sons and daughters have you had? For more information on which sons and

daughters you should include and how to complete this section. Okay i dont have any children what should to write.? None or N/A?? is most appropriate.

=========================================

Part 10. Additional questions. (Continued.)

B. Affiliations.

8. a Have you ever been a member of or associated with any organization, association, fund

foundation, party, club, society or similar group in the United States or in any other place? Okay i have never been a member in any organization, association,

so what should to write ? N/A or None?

Are you sure? Wife both volunteered and contributed to such notorious organizations like the United Way, American Red Cross, American Heart Organization, March of Dimes, and several others in her home country. All these had to be listed as she always worked in a medical related field, and was conned into working for these fund raising organizations. She volunteered to work for these here as wasn't allowed to work for pay. That was good, because everyone got to know her and was hired instantly when she got her EDA. You never tossed a buck in one of those Salvation Army pots at Christmas time? If not, you answer, NONE. We had to use a separate sheet of paper.

oh wait i am not done yet lol. i want u to help me and calculate for me the time i am eligible to file for my citizenship, i got my 10 Years green card on 12/27/2007 so my calculating says i am eligible on the 29 of this month am i right?

Thanks alot.

12/27/2010 would be your 3rd anniversary date, minus 90 days counting the day of your 3rd anniversary. Tuesday, September 28, 2010 would be the earliest date and also the date of your application. Counting the day of your anniversary is debatable, but in my opinion, not worth the risk of having your application rejected from being sent one day too early. Can even play it safer and send it a couple of days later, really doesn't make that much difference.

What makes a difference is filling out your application correctly and including copies of all the required evidence. But the latter in our case wasn't even true, wifes' friend was hit by all things as a joint utility bill, not even a form of evidence, but her processing was delayed 15 months by not having this. With this knowledge, between the time we send the application in and her interview, got a joint electrical bill. At my wifes' interview, she was asked for one, surprise, she had just that one. I know this is not ethical on the part of the USCIS, could have been fought, but again, a delay.

Filed: Other Timeline

Wow,

I've listed 10 organizations, the newest ones from AAA (the Auto Club) to Costco. Have you really never belonged to any organization in your lifetime? I can imagine that if somebody lived in a cave all his life, but in civilization?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Have you ever been a member of or associated with any organization, association, fund

foundation, party, club, society or similar group in the United States or in any other place?

Sure is a wide open question, and can't forget about religous or politics. Both are definitely organized and indubitably fund raising.

Questioned my immigration attorney about this, highly recommended we list them all. One of those questions you can spend a half a day on if not longer. None of that from becoming a LPR kind of time limit thing, so have to assume from the time you were born. Asked my wife, weren't you even a girl scout going from door to door selling cookies? Not even limited to an organization that could be considered an enemy of the USA. And also a world wide question. Another one of those crazy questions you beat your brains to death with.

Wife was even questioned on this for her listed organizations, and really don't know to take it seriously or not, but was just told to list them all, so we did. Understand some leeway is given if you came from a country where either you were a party member or would be dead.

Timeline

Wow,

I've listed 10 organizations, the newest ones from AAA (the Auto Club) to Costco. Have you really never belonged to any organization in your lifetime? I can imagine that if somebody lived in a cave all his life, but in civilization?

i guess i am not asking a questions about my lifetime or Caves.

Edited by Sand

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

Game Over.

Timeline

Added.

well if they meant , Costco - AAA - SVC - i got all this, and other. but i dont think this what they looking for , i could be wrong.

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.