dnac59

Medical Exam Fees and Vacination

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Guys,

Well, my fiance was looking for her vaccination records and she can't find all of them. She only has some of the records. I read that she needs to have her vaccinations done for the medical exam. Will she be given the vaccinations at St. Luke's (Philippines) and if so, how much would that cost? Or is that included in the Medical Exam fee?

Or can she get vaccinations before she goes to Manila? Which would you recommend?

Thanks for the help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes vaccination is included in the medical fees..which is about 9800thou...213.35usd..

Hey Guys,

Well, my fiance was looking for her vaccination records and she can't find all of them. She only has some of the records. I read that she needs to have her vaccinations done for the medical exam. Will she be given the vaccinations at St. Luke's (Philippines) and if so, how much would that cost? Or is that included in the Medical Exam fee?

Or can she get vaccinations before she goes to Manila? Which would you recommend?

Thanks for the help.

Yup, and I wouldn't worry if she couldn't secure all of her vaccination records. St. Luke's will determine based on her age what appropriate vaccines (booster shots, likely) she will need before she leaves, and they will advise her if she needs any more done when she arrives in the U.S. Usually she can get those additional shots through the state health department or through your personal physician (after she is covered by your insurance). She will need to get those done before she files for adjustment of status.

yes vaccination is included in the medical fees..which is about 9800thou...213.35usd..

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Timeline

So just to recap, she doesn't need to get vaccinations before hand because it will be provided with the medical exam and it's included in the fee?

We're not at that part yet, but we're just trying to be a step ahead. Thanks guys

Yes and yes. :-)

So just to recap, she doesn't need to get vaccinations before hand because it will be provided with the medical exam and it's included in the fee?

We're not at that part yet, but we're just trying to be a step ahead. Thanks guys

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My Gal has issues with being a pin cushin so she is getting some of them ahead of time.

May 2008 Met Online

June 2010 Traveled to GenSan and proposal accepted

July 27th 2010 mailed I129 to Vermount

July 30th 2010 Noa 1

October 03, 2010 "touched"

^^^Agreed. :thumbs::yes:

Yup, and I wouldn't worry if she couldn't secure all of her vaccination records. St. Luke's will determine based on her age what appropriate vaccines (booster shots, likely) she will need before she leaves, and they will advise her if she needs any more done when she arrives in the U.S. Usually she can get those additional shots through the state health department or through your personal physician (after she is covered by your insurance). She will need to get those done before she files for adjustment of status.

^^^Agreed. :thumbs::yes:

If you want to plan ahead a bit more, when it comes time to adjust status (AOS) make sure you find a Civil Surgeon in your home town who will simply transcribe your sweetie's vaccination record from St. Lukes without requiring her to take another medical exam nor have more vaccinations. That's what we did.

Many Civil Surgeons don't know the K-1 drill regarding transcribing the vaccination record (I think it's form I-693). You should be able to get it done for $40 or less. There's a Civil Surgeon in Texas who does it for $20. I've seen his name pop up on VJ many times. His name is Dr. Arnold. You should be able to find him.

There might be some exceptions to the "no more vaccinations" rule, but I'm not sure what they are. I think it may have something to do with the HPV vaccination. However, Chinook did not have to deal with it since she was over the age limit for that particular vaccination. I think anyone over 26 years old doesn't have to worry about it. At least that's my recollection. Maybe someone with a better memory will chime in.

Good luck with the St. Lukes medical! :star:

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.