pinkhonu

K1: after NOA2...

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

:help:

i tried to read sheriff uling's guide.. but it's already outdated.. for one thing delbros is not the courier service company that the USEM use to deliver issued visas. is there another guide here that is specifically made for K1 visa Filipino fiance(e)?

after you get your noa2.. the uscis will send it to nvc correct?

then what? will nvc notify you once they have it? or do you just have to take the initiative and call them to ask for your case status and case number? once nvc is done with your k1 visa application.. they will send it to USEM right?

now this is where i'm confused...

1. will USEM notify me once they have received our visa application

2. how does USEM notify you? through your cellphone? email? or thru snail mail?

3. will USEM still send me the packet? or is it true that there's no more packet to be sent and that you should just fill out the online form and print 2 copies.. then pay bdo..

4. upon paying bdo, do you need to get one of the copies stamped still? which copy?

5. can you schedule an interview once NVC sent the case even if USEM hasn't received it yet? or should you wait for USEM to receive it? should i wait for the notification? or should we just go ahead and call them.

6. should i pay the bdo before i schedule an interview? (just making sure) or can i schedule an interview even without a receipt from bdo? from what i know i have to pay first. so i just want to clarify.

7. when you pay the visa application fee at bdo, do you just need to show the form? or is there something that i need like a case number from nvc.. MNL case number.. before paying the fee.

those are the parts that i have a problem with... seems like it's not clear what's going to happen. coz i can still see other nationalities getting their packets from their respective consulates / embassies. but i remember downloading a form from the USEM website.. and says there that they wont send a packet anymore.. is this true? can somebody shed me some light on this.

other than these, i have full knowledge of what i should do next.. like the medical exam, cfo, required documents and interview.

if you have some sort of link for a guide, please post it here. (other than sheriff uling's guide) thank you!!

NO DISRESPECT to Sheriff Uling of course. :o

IR-5 Petition Parent (this is going to be a long journey)

02.12.2018 - I130 form sent (via USPS) 

02.21.2018 - I130 form delivered (via USPS) mail shipment delayed delivery

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

02.24.2018 - Text Notification received 

03.05.2018 - NOA1 Received

10.05.2018 - NOA2 Received (NOA date 10.02.2018) -- Petition approved.  Petition sent to NVC in Portsmouth, NH  

:help:

i tried to read sheriff uling's guide.. but it's already outdated..

at one time it was a pinned thread, but since it had become outdated, it was unpinned and disappeared into the back pages of the forum. surprized you even found it. don't know if you seen this yet, hopefully it can answer some of your questions.

from the Embassy website.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

i just wanted to say, back when it was written, the Sheriff's Guide was a very valuble resource to those going thru the process in this forum. the Sheriff put alot of time and effort compiling the information contained in the guide. over time things changed and the guide could no longer be updated.

hope everything is going fine with you Sheriff. :thumbs:

Timeline

thank you sunandmoon! :)

kudos to sheriff uling! :) he really put in a lot of effort on that. don't think i can do the same. :)

thank you for the link. yup i got that already.. that's the new check list right. thank you so much. :)

for other peeps: if you have added infos, please let me in on it. thanks!!

advance happy independence day! :)

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

10.05.2018 - NOA2 Received (NOA date 10.02.2018) -- Petition approved.  Petition sent to NVC in Portsmouth, NH  

after you get your noa2.. the uscis will send it to nvc correct?

Correct. The USCIS will send your packet to the NVC. This step does not take very long...maybe a few days.

then what? will nvc notify you once they have it? or do you just have to take the initiative and call them to ask for your case status and case number? once nvc is done with your k1 visa application.. they will send it to USEM right?

I honestly can't remember if the NVC notified us when they received our packet. In any case, I didn't wait for their notification. Instead, I called them and got the MNL case number that they assigned to our packet. Then, I kept calling them every day to find out whether our packet was en route to the USEM. When I found out that our packet had been shipped out of the NVC, I waited about a week for the USEM to receive it and to enter it into their system. Then, I started calling the immigrant section of the USEM to find out if they had received our packet and entered it into their system. When they had received the packet and entered it into their system, I made an interview appointment for my then-fiancée.

1. will USEM notify me once they have received our visa application

2. how does USEM notify you? through your cellphone? email? or thru snail mail?

The USEM will email the beneficiary. However, in our case, my then-fiancée never received any type of notification whatsoever. So, it was a good thing we didn't wait for them to contact us.

3. will USEM still send me the packet? or is it true that there's no more packet to be sent and that you should just fill out the online form and print 2 copies.. then pay bdo..

There is no packet. There is only an email notification to the beneficiary. The beneficiary will need to fill out a couple of forms...I forgot which ones, and my wife is not home, otherwise I would ask her...but I'm pretty sure she filled out a DS-156 and a DS-156K. Someone will correct this if I am wrong.

4. upon paying bdo, do you need to get one of the copies stamped still? which copy?

Upon paying BDO, the bank gives the beneficiary some kind of receipt...I think it's called a DS-157. Again, someone can correct me on this.

5. can you schedule an interview once NVC sent the case even if USEM hasn't received it yet? or should you wait for USEM to receive it? should i wait for the notification? or should we just go ahead and call them.

No, you can't schedule an interview if the USEM has not received your packet and entered it into their system. If you want to get things done quickly, don't wait for the USEM to email the beneficiary. After the NVC sends your packet out, it will take about a week or so for the USEM to receive your packet and to enter it into their system. I would start calling the USEM one week after your packet leaves the NVC.

6. should i pay the bdo before i schedule an interview? (just making sure) or can i schedule an interview even without a receipt from bdo? from what i know i have to pay first. so i just want to clarify.

Make the interview appointment first. The BDO receipt is not needed, and they won't ask for it until the interview day.

7. when you pay the visa application fee at bdo, do you just need to show the form? or is there something that i need like a case number from nvc.. MNL case number.. before paying the fee.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the beneficiary will need only the proper forms. I don't know if the MNL case number is needed or not.

those are the parts that i have a problem with... seems like it's not clear what's going to happen. coz i can still see other nationalities getting their packets from their respective consulates / embassies. but i remember downloading a form from the USEM website.. and says there that they wont send a packet anymore.. is this true? can somebody shed me some light on this.

True...the USEM will not send a packet.

I hope this helps. Good luck. :star:

on question 3, the Embassy does not sent you the packet. it is only available online.

question 5. I beleive the Embassy has to receive the physical petition from NVC before you can schedule an interview. in a few days, you can call NVC to see if you have been assigned an MNL case number. hopefully you will not be stuck at NVC very long, and your petition will be on it's way to Manila. best of luck as you near the end of you visa journey :thumbs:

Timeline

thank you soooo much for this!!! :)

i absolutely appreciate the effort and the time! thank you so much!! :)

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

Timeline

Thank you TAHOMA and CHINOOK!!! :)

Thank you SUNANDMOON!! :)

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

Maybe it would be a good idea to take the two forms (DS-156 and DS-156K), the NOA2, and the MNL case number to the bank with you.

Also, the USEM usually sends an email to the beneficiary immediately after the interview is scheduled. I would take that to the bank too...although my wife did not have one. I hope someone else chimes in on this question.

Timeline

hi tahoma! i got your message. thank you. but i'm not sure with the DS-157.

i have checked the USEM website recently.

and it says that you will need to attach the BLUE COPY (receipt) from BDO on your DS-160 confirmation page.

they said that the new DS-160 replaces the 3 forms (DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157) according to the DS-160 guide that they have on their website. when you click on the DS-160 guide it will direct you to a PDF file that explains and shows you a guide on how to fill out the new DS-160 form. they said that some consulates and embassies still accepts DS-160. but i think the USEM now only accepts DS-160.

however, i have read just recently a review for USEM. he said that even though the DS-160 is now being used. They still looked for the the other 3 forms. So recently, I'm filling out DS-157 and DS-156K... i'm reluctant to fill ou tthe DS-156K since it has a barcode. The new DS-160 has a barcode too. and you only need to get the confirmation page printed and not the whole form. you can print a copy of the whole form for your personal need but you won't really need it. there's also a new way to put photos. you have to upload it to be able to attach to the form. i am slowly writing it down on my notebook so i can post a new topic to help other Filipino fiancees who have just gotten their NOA2. i will also tell them about the new rate. that even if you have already paid for the $131 before June 4. u would still have to pay for the difference. you have 2 bring 2 receipts from bdo. one is from the $131 that you have paid for before June 4. and the amount of difference. this is only for those who have an interview in USEM after June 4, 2010. If you have already paid $131, you still have to pay the difference to make it $350. to know more about this you may check the USEM website.

i'll try to post a more detailed guide. might be able to help other people.

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

hi tahoma! i got your message. thank you. but i'm not sure with the DS-157.

i have checked the USEM website recently.

and it says that you will need to attach the BLUE COPY (receipt) from BDO on your DS-160 confirmation page.

they said that the new DS-160 replaces the 3 forms (DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157) according to the DS-160 guide that they have on their website. when you click on the DS-160 guide it will direct you to a PDF file that explains and shows you a guide on how to fill out the new DS-160 form. they said that some consulates and embassies still accepts DS-160. but i think the USEM now only accepts DS-160.

however, i have read just recently a review for USEM. he said that even though the DS-160 is now being used. They still looked for the the other 3 forms. So recently, I'm filling out DS-157 and DS-156K... i'm reluctant to fill ou tthe DS-156K since it has a barcode. The new DS-160 has a barcode too. and you only need to get the confirmation page printed and not the whole form. you can print a copy of the whole form for your personal need but you won't really need it. there's also a new way to put photos. you have to upload it to be able to attach to the form. i am slowly writing it down on my notebook so i can post a new topic to help other Filipino fiancees who have just gotten their NOA2. i will also tell them about the new rate. that even if you have already paid for the $131 before June 4. u would still have to pay for the difference. you have 2 bring 2 receipts from bdo. one is from the $131 that you have paid for before June 4. and the amount of difference. this is only for those who have an interview in USEM after June 4, 2010. If you have already paid $131, you still have to pay the difference to make it $350. to know more about this you may check the USEM website.

i'll try to post a more detailed guide. might be able to help other people.

Hey guys...check out my new thread which talks about the new DS-160 form. It seems as though you do not need it after all. It seems that you still need to use the DS-156 etc.

Timeline

"they said that the new DS-160 replaces the 3 forms (DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157) according to the DS-160 guide that they have on their website. when you click on the DS-160 guide it will direct you to a PDF file that explains and shows you a guide on how to fill out the new DS-160 form. they said that some consulates and embassies still accepts DS-160. but i think the USEM now only accepts DS-160."

let me correct myself.. it should be DS-156 :)

Hey guys...check out my new thread which talks about the new DS-160 form. It seems as though you do not need it after all. It seems that you still need to use the DS-156 etc.

send me the link. :) thanks!!!

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

Timeline

regarding the DS-156

i think it's just better to prepare it.

but in the website (USEM) they have a new nonimmigrant visa application procedure. they have included K (fiancee) visa applicants who would need to use DS-160 forms. when you also go to the NVC website to download a DS-156 form since you won't be able to find this form in USEM. when you click on the DS-156 form you will be asked to check your consulate's requirements. Because they said ALL embassies and consulates now accept DS-160. but some embassies and consulates accept DS-156. when you click on MANILA as your consulate it will direct you to the same NONIMMIGRANT visa procedure that i was telling you about.

here's the link of the forms on NVC website -- http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

however i have downloaded the forms -- DS-156K and DS-157 just in case..

since you can fill that out offline and print it. and it doesn't have a barcode.

with the DS-156 I will fill out the form juts to be sure right after I'm done filling out my DS-160. since it will send them an electronic file of the form. i don't want them to have 2 forms with the same name. since the DS-160 is more important and is recently being used. i will fill that out first. :)

for the DS-160 guide --

also, there's somebody who just got interviewed and approved last June 8, 2010 at the USEM for a K1 visa. he used a DS-160. but he said it's better to bring the 3 other forms too. now i'm not sure if they asked for the 3 other forms since it was just 4 days after they have implemented the MRV fee. (The new DS-160 is the new machine readable visa application form.)

either way i think it's better to bring everything that we can.

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

"they said that the new DS-160 replaces the 3 forms (DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157) according to the DS-160 guide that they have on their website. when you click on the DS-160 guide it will direct you to a PDF file that explains and shows you a guide on how to fill out the new DS-160 form. they said that some consulates and embassies still accepts DS-160. but i think the USEM now only accepts DS-160."

let me correct myself.. it should be DS-156 :)

send me the link. :) thanks!!!

It's right here. :) !

Edited by Tahoma

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.