ghana1821

My fiance third interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Firs off I want to apologize for my post. I'm @ work, so I'm usin my phone 2 post this message. My fiance will have his third interview in July. While doin his first interview he was asked to come back in March. The CO never ask him 2 bring more information or thing. Whn he went for his second interview my fiance was ask to come back in July and bring proof that my ex husband and I were living 2gether while married. Now, that wouldn't be a problem, but it's been over 10 years ago since I've been married to him. I've tried to find proof, bt was unable to find anything. So I googled my ex, and got his email. When I emailed my ex, I ask him to call me. I explain everything him and he was able 2 find a check with both our names and our address. Now the question is, will that check be enough proof? Second question, on the DS156k it ask for proof of the engagement. Wht cn b used for proof?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Did you have a morgage?

Divorce records- who got what after?

Letters from neighbors, relatives, and friends showing that you lived together?

Do you have any mail and does he have any mail that would show at least you both at the same address even though both your names arnt on them? W-2s, tax returns?

Did you try to contact DMV? They might be able to provide something showing you both registered that as your address- you would think they have files from 10 years ago.

City hall? Voter registration cards?

Did you file taxes jointly- i believe you can get tax transcipts from 10 years ago....

It sounds like your ex is willing to help out since he did take time to look and found that check. So he might be willing to sign papers for places to pull files and release information. I am not an expert by anymeans but these were somethings that might show that you had a relationship, were married, lived together....

If i remember right your ex was also from Ghana? Im not sure if that means you went through the K-1/K-3/CR-1 process then maybe they are looking to see that your last marriage wasn't fruad and you did have a relationship when he came here if that is the case. (I don't know anything about your last marriage- just trying to put my head in the CO's! and why they are asking for that type of proof). It doesn't make sense- it isn't right- it should not happen but unfortuatly the COs can basically do what they want....

I am now considering after Israel has his ten year to apply for work at DOS because I want to change what is happening to all of us!!!! I know its a while away but why not try!

Hope these ideas might bring you some luck finding proof!

Timeline

Did you have a morgage?

Divorce records- who got what after?

Letters from neighbors, relatives, and friends showing that you lived together?

Do you have any mail and does he have any mail that would show at least you both at the same address even though both your names arnt on them? W-2s, tax returns?

Did you try to contact DMV? They might be able to provide something showing you both registered that as your address- you would think they have files from 10 years ago.

City hall? Voter registration cards?

Did you file taxes jointly- i believe you can get tax transcipts from 10 years ago....

It sounds like your ex is willing to help out since he did take time to look and found that check. So he might be willing to sign papers for places to pull files and release information. I am not an expert by anymeans but these were somethings that might show that you had a relationship, were married, lived together....

If i remember right your ex was also from Ghana? Im not sure if that means you went through the K-1/K-3/CR-1 process then maybe they are looking to see that your last marriage wasn't fruad and you did have a relationship when he came here if that is the case. (I don't know anything about your last marriage- just trying to put my head in the CO's! and why they are asking for that type of proof). It doesn't make sense- it isn't right- it should not happen but unfortuatly the COs can basically do what they want....

I am now considering after Israel has his ten year to apply for work at DOS because I want to change what is happening to all of us!!!! I know its a while away but why not try!

Hope these ideas might bring you some luck finding proof!

yes my ex is from Ghana. When we met he was already here in the states. Therefore we didnt av 2 file a k-1. What is dmv? And we didn't file taxes together bcos of personal reasons. I cnt even remember the people that lived around us back then. However Ima go to the bank n c if they cn give me a copy of our bank statements. I was told by an atty that if I email the phone n electric company requestin this information, and when they reply to print it. And he can take the emails to his interveiw. And the CO will see that I've tried to get the information. And thks so much 4 da help. will reply, 2 let me knw wht dmv is?

From what your posting - it appears that the CO thinks that your first and upcoming marriage maybe related to immigration fraud.

Do you have a lawyer working with you? I would suggest you go that route. Third interviews with specific requests to show you lived with your x-husband while married? yikes.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

From what your posting - it appears that the CO thinks that your first and upcoming marriage maybe related to immigration fraud.

Do you have a lawyer working with you? I would suggest you go that route. Third interviews with specific requests to show you lived with your x-husband while married? yikes.

I do nt av a lawyer. Do u think a lawyer would want 2 help with my case since it's so far in2 the case?

Timeline

I do nt av a lawyer. Do u think a lawyer would want 2 help with my case since it's so far in2 the case?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Department of motor vechiles.

Good luck.

How long you were married for in the first marriage- that might be why they are asking for the proof? The COs in ghana right now are acting strange.

Timeline

Good luck.

How long you were married for in the first marriage- that might be why they are asking for the proof? The COs in ghana right now are acting strange.

we were married 6 yrs. I av contacted a lawyer. I av an appt Mon. Thn ima go frm there. Thks

Timeline

Good luck.

we were married 6 yrs. I av contacted a lawyer. I av an appt Mon. Thn ima go frm there. Thks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.