Scott & LC

Great News regarding my Medical RFE

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

This was my previous post regarding receiving Medical RFEs while adjusting from K-1 Visa:

Medical RFE

I know that my DS-2053 was in the package with the officer at POE. I sent in only the Vaccination Portion of I-693, copy of DS-3025 together with my I-485 application and it is all filed within a year. So, I do know that I did not do anything wrong but I still received an RFE.

Well, I used the 1st option of contacting my congressman. I had to wait 5-7 business days (I waited exactly a week) before I received an answer from my congressman. My congressman sent the request to the Immigration Services Analyst and they came back in an email stating that:

1. They received my files from the National Records Center. They reviewed the file and found my DS-2053 (so they didn't lose my records).

2. They say that my I-485 is an interview waiver case and will be sent to CSC center for further processing.

3. My I-131 has been approved.

4. My I-765 will be approved after my biometrics has been done (which was yesterday).

Well, I received 2 emails from USCIS Case Update today. Both I-131 and I-765 have been approved!!!! :)

I'm still awaiting news regarding my I-485... really hope it's been sent to CSC and it's an interview waiver case!

I have sent in my RFE letter to the USDHS in MO as requested, I have enclosed all copies of I-693, instructions, the email I received from my congressman, etc just so that I do not have the RFE in my hand.

Sorry this is such a long post... but I do think it'll help people receiving RFEs but knowing that they have done everything right. There is no harm in contacting your congressman. In my case, it has done wonders.

MY TIMELINE-

AOS filed: Feb 16th, 2010

I-131 & I-765 Production Ordered: March 23rd, 2010

I-485 to be approved: ???

I hope this post helps some people!!

Cheers

LC

I doubt your congressman's inquiry had anything to do with getting your AP and EAD approved - unless it got approved way ahead of normal processing times. But yes, there is never any harm in contacting them for help. At least you know they found your overseas medical info.

SA4userbar.jpg

LC,

Thrilled that the congressional inquiry worked out for you too! I'm glad that you and others are sharing your experiences so that others on VJ who have this problem can get it resolved. I also hope with more of us alerting our representatives to this issue that maybe something can be done to fix the problem! Way to go!

-H

I doubt your congressman's inquiry had anything to do with getting your AP and EAD approved - unless it got approved way ahead of normal processing times. But yes, there is never any harm in contacting them for help. At least you know they found your overseas medical info.

I am not sure it is a coincidence. Nik's EAD and AP both are dated as valid from the date the National Benefits Center Analyst replied to our congressman's email about our case.

I do not think it's a good idea to ask your congressperson/senator to try to speed up your case, but it is something which makes the medical RFE hassle a little less annoying.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

LC,

Thrilled that the congressional inquiry worked out for you too! I'm glad that you and others are sharing your experiences so that others on VJ who have this problem can get it resolved. I also hope with more of us alerting our representatives to this issue that maybe something can be done to fix the problem! Way to go!

-H

I am not sure it is a coincidence. Nik's EAD and AP both are dated as valid from the date the National Benefits Center Analyst replied to our congressman's email about our case.

I do not think it's a good idea to ask your congressperson/senator to try to speed up your case, but it is something which makes the medical RFE hassle a little less annoying.

Yes, I do agree with you. It is best to contact congressman only when you received an RFE that you believe that you have done everything right the first time. I do believe that the congressman inquiry helped speed up my case as my I-765 has been approved in only 35 days. Mostly, they would like about 2 months. Maybe I'm just lucky? I don't know but they really did help with my RFE! :)

I wasn't suggesting that the OP had asked for assistance just to speed up their case. I know why they reached out and it was a perfectly valid reason.

All I was suggesting is that it *may* not have had anything to do with their AP and EAD being subsequently approved. If it did - great - but I wouldn't want people to start contacting their elected officials just because they want things to get approved more quickly - things which should otherwise be left to normal processing.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

I wasn't suggesting that the OP had asked for assistance just to speed up their case. I know why they reached out and it was a perfectly valid reason.

All I was suggesting is that it *may* not have had anything to do with their AP and EAD being subsequently approved. If it did - great - but I wouldn't want people to start contacting their elected officials just because they want things to get approved more quickly - things which should otherwise be left to normal processing.

I do not support if people do start contacting their congressman just to speed up their case and I don't think the congressperson would help if you do not have a valid reason for assistance as well. As I have suggested in my post, I do think it would help for people with RFE knowing they did the right thing the first time. An yes, otherwise, just leave it to normal processing :)

I only disagree with your idea about the coincidence or not of the congressional and EAD/AP approval.

I think all three of us are in perfect agreement that LC should have contacted her congressman, and that it is not an appropriate avenue for "speed it up"s. The last part of my comment was indeed directed in general instead of meant to suggest that it applied to this particular case.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi...just 2 days ago, I posted a similar story about our RFE for our AOS Medical.....we have close to same times lines, we sent ours in 2/10/10, then got a RFE, saying we needed to send a copy of medical exam or have it done. So I contacted our congressman office and like I said, I am not trying to circumvent the procedures, I just do not feel we should have to duplicate them. Within 4 days, we received an email stating that they found it and that no further action was required. This medical stuff seems to happen way to much.

LOVE of a LIFETIME

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.