ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

VJ Members currently in AP/AR at HCMC:

. ArtfulAlex________________08/31/2010 CR1- P's residence info, B's relatives in US, Timeline.........

. US VN___________________09-09-2010 K-1 P's Ex's address, timeline, P's Residence info last 10 years-Resubmit, details of previous petition, list of relatives in US .........

. weatheremperor___________________06-20-2011 K-1 Timeline, 10 year residency (petitioner), 10 year residency (beneficiary), loe (letter of explanation: for matchmaking agency we used to meet)

-

VJ Members who made it out of AP & results:

· Lindal24 ________________7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & List of Relatives

· FrednDaoHoney__________1/17/2009 - 10/15/2009 - 271 days in AP - APPROVED

· JohnCali9 _______________8/6/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 76 days in AP - APPROVED

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation & Timeline

· MichaelAndKha___________8/15/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline

Reasons for Denial: 1.Inconsistent photos, 2.No engagement ceremony, 3.Lack of marriage ceremony details

· Andy (not a VJ member)____8/17/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

· Minh&Nhan (not a VJ member)__09/07/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 46 days in AP - APPROVED

· Huong and Phung_________9/8/2009 - 10/27/2009 - 49 days in AP - Denied

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline Rebuttal APPROVED over 1 year later.

· JeromeBinh______________8/20/2009 - 10/28/2009 - 69 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation, Timeline & List of Relatives

Reasons for Denial: 1.Inconsistent Photos, 2.Communiciation not credible, 3.One visit, 4.Small engagement, 5.Engagement shortly after meeting, 6.B has 3 relatives in US, but only listed 2; P lived close to B's relatives, 7.Lack of marriage ceremony details

· Ly Trinh _________________8/21/2009 - 10/28/2009 - 68 days in AP - Denied

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline

· Ituan__________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied Additional interview granted for 11/11 2nd denial

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

· ToanTien________________8/20/2009 - 12/18/2009 120 days in AP APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline-- co-sponsor...

· Vi&Art____________________8/5/2009 K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline No results reported.

· Robert & Mai_______________03/04/10 - 3/30/2010 no docs required--26 days in AP APPROVED

· ScottThuy__________________03/01/2010 - 9/23/2010 207 days in AP K1- timeline, ex-spouse address,police cert.......... 7/20/10 Phone calls from Consulate to P, P's Ex, B, B's family-- 8/8/10 Investigators visit Thuys Residence. APPROVED

· AnhBob___________________12/07/2009 - 10/08/2010 306 days in AP CR1- proof of bonafide, timeline, info about ex, info about child... Denied

· ViQuoc___________________ 05/26/2010 - 10/22/2010 150 days in AP CR-1- Cosponsor...... APPROVED

· 2X2Y2Z__________________07/12/2010 - 11/12/2010 APPROVED CR1- timeline, medical results......... 123 Days 9/15/10 Investigators visit B's Residence

· Ronnie&Hang______________12/29/2009 - APPROVED

K1- timeline, medical results from Cho Ray (sputum test required)....308 Days

· Frank And Duyen___________10/20/2009 - APPROVED :dance: CR1 Timeline ..... 18 months in AP

· Terry1____________________11/00/2009 CR1 - proof of paternity ....approx 487 Days

· RaymondV_________________12/00/2009 K1- timeline.....approx 457 Days

· James & Nicole_____________01/04/2010 K1- timeline, ex-wifes address, medical results from Cho Ray:awaiting TB treatment ....423 Days

· Josh_A___________________03/05/2010 CR1- timeline, Parent info, police cert......... 363 Days

. Jimen & Kenly___________________02-25-2011 K-1 timeline, P's && B's Residence info last 10 years-Resubmit, list of relatives in US ......... approved :dance:

PM me to get this edited to add or update info..

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Scott, good job !!!

Back in my AP days, one member did exactly what you do now and I felt like I had everyone's support back then. However, I must admit that being stuck in AP was horrible but seeing one succesfully "graduate" from it while I was not, was worse than anything you can imagine. Part of me was glad to see someone made it, part of me was jealous of it and could not help but wonder "why not me" ...

Being stuck at AP can drain anyone emotionally. If one is not strong enought, it can drive one insane. Been there, done that, I know the feeling. No matter how much everyone tries to comfort you, you still feel like .... well, you know what I mean ...

Be tough, people ... be tough ... Only you can do it ...

Edited by Kevin&Loan

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have sent 2 separate emails to the Consulate, and I have gotten one response. Each time I send in a message I reply with the last one I sent this way they can see each letter if they choose. It is a hard road to hold, and we all need to remain strong. Good luck to all!

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline
Scott, good job !!!

Back in my AP days, one member did exactly what you do now and I felt like I had everyone's support back then. However, I must admit that being stuck in AP was horrible but seeing one succesfully "graduate" from it while I was not, was worse than anything you can imagine. Part of me was glad to see someone made it, part of me was jealous of it and could not help but wonder "why not me" ...

Being stuck at AP can drain anyone emotionally. If one is not strong enought, it can drive one insane. Been there, done that, I know the feeling. No matter how much everyone tries to comfort you, you still feel like .... well, you know what I mean ...

Be tough, people ... be tough ... Only you can do it ...

How long were you in AP at HCMC?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
Back in my day it was called Administrative Review (AR) what is AP ?

AR is having the supervisor go over the CO's decision...

AP in this case is different.. AP = Additional Processing ...as has been stated by a CO when questions by the petitioner, this could take 2 weeks to 2 months or longer... It could be associated with additional time needed to perform a secondary review of the case to address the high level of fraud through HCMC.

Here is our story on our day that we went in to turn in our evidence:

We got there at 12:30pm on September 8th 2009.

We both walk up and being turn down by the guard and said that only one of us can come in.

My wife walk in with all of the evidence in two bags. One bag was our BEFORE WEDDING and AFTER WEDDING evidence.

My wife turn in all the documents around 1:10pm and told to wait for the result.

My wife sit at the bench until 5:05 pm and they call my wife's name. They then told my wife that they're running out of time so they gave my wife a blue slip and said to go home and wait. Think about it everyone, my wife wait for almost 5 hours and just to receive such news. Not to mention I was sitting outside at the corner on the other side of the street waiting patiently. I didn't go to the bathroom or taking my eyes off the doors. I see 1 door close, then 2 doors close then all three close. I was worry about my wife safety more than getting the pink slip. I talked to one of the american that just got out of the consulate about my wife. I explain to him how my wife looks and he said she's still in there. That ease my worry a little and I keep on waiting. At 5:10Pm, my wife walk out and cross the busy street and told me that we have a second blue slip. Part of me was glad because my wife is okay and part of me was angry about them keeping someone in the consulate for 5 hours. After all, we're glad that it's not white slip and we were so hungry to think about anything else. We jump into the car and find the next restaurant to eat. We ate at "Quan An Ngon" just down the road on Nam Ky Khoi Nghia.

That's our story on our second time at the consulate. We are waiting for them to give us an answer and hope it turns out well.

SORRY FOR MAKING IT TOO LONG.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiance and I are in the same boat she had her interview in 5/09 and was given a green sheet to which we responded to in 8/09 and were given a blue sheet saying out case needed more review. and yes she waited over 5 hours before she was told to wait for a response in the mail. we emailed then consulate a couple of weeks ago and received a reply stating that due to heavy case loads we would have to wait until the case was reviewed. there was no reference as to how long this would take. so we will just kick back and wait.

so add us to the list of those waiting to get pink.

thanks

art

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Here is our story on our day that we went in to turn in our evidence:

We got there at 12:30pm on September 8th 2009.

We both walk up and being turn down by the guard and said that only one of us can come in.

My wife walk in with all of the evidence in two bags. One bag was our BEFORE WEDDING and AFTER WEDDING evidence.

My wife turn in all the documents around 1:10pm and told to wait for the result.

My wife sit at the bench until 5:05 pm and they call my wife's name. They then told my wife that they're running out of time so they gave my wife a blue slip and said to go home and wait. Think about it everyone, my wife wait for almost 5 hours and just to receive such news. Not to mention I was sitting outside at the corner on the other side of the street waiting patiently. I didn't go to the bathroom or taking my eyes off the doors. I see 1 door close, then 2 doors close then all three close. I was worry about my wife safety more than getting the pink slip. I talked to one of the american that just got out of the consulate about my wife. I explain to him how my wife looks and he said she's still in there. That ease my worry a little and I keep on waiting. At 5:10Pm, my wife walk out and cross the busy street and told me that we have a second blue slip. Part of me was glad because my wife is okay and part of me was angry about them keeping someone in the consulate for 5 hours. After all, we're glad that it's not white slip and we were so hungry to think about anything else. We jump into the car and find the next restaurant to eat. We ate at "Quan An Ngon" just down the road on Nam Ky Khoi Nghia.

That's our story on our second time at the consulate. We are waiting for them to give us an answer and hope it turns out well.

SORRY FOR MAKING IT TOO LONG.

sorry to hear about that brother Huong, hopefully you will get the good news really soon.

Visa Journey

CR-1 Visa Journey

11/07/08 ............Married

02/13/09 ............I-130 sent

02/16/09 ............I-130 delivered

02/23/09.............NOA1

02/24/09.............Touched

02/28/09............ NOA1 Hard Copy

03/25/09.............NOA2

03/30/09.............NOA2 Hard Copy

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

04/17/09.............DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

04/17/09.............DS-3032 sent (email+mail)

04/17/09.............AOS PAID (online)

04/20/09.............AOS package sent

04/20/09.............DS-3032 accepted

04/22/09.............IV Fee bill generated

04/22/09.............IV bill PAID (online)

04/27/09.............DS-230 sent to NVC

04/30/09.............Case under Final Review

05/07/09.............RFE (Ques 20 DS-230)

05/09/09.............Resend DS-230

05/13/09.............DS-230 Received and Under Review

05/20/09.............Case complete at NVC

Embassy Journey

06-08-09.............Case Arrived at Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

06-22-09.............Medical Exam

07-29-09.............Visa Interview

07-29-09.............Visa Approved

08-05-09.............Visa in Hand

08-24-09.............POE - (San Francisco, California)

09-04-09.............Green Card Arrived in Mail

12-04-09.............SSN Card Arrived in Mail

.png

martindart - Good to see you. I am sure glad to see an old member pops in from time to time :)

Scott - We were under AR for a good 8 months. My laywer could not do a damn thing although he did go to Consulate to fight for me once while he was in Saigon working on some student visas. I made two trips back to back trying to get a meeting with the Chief of Visa but failed. A friend of family told me to contact Marc Ellis (he used to work for a law firm here in Houston where this friend of my family also works at) but he never returned my calls or emails. Contacted both of my senators but they did nothing more just sending a typical cookie-cuttter follow up letter and the Consulate would respond back in the same manner. Just pure BS. Finally, one person came to my rescue. She took up the case. Pushed it through red tapes all the way from Washington to Saigon and within days, my wife got her visa and less than 72 hours, she set foot onto US soil. If you have time, go dig up my old posts and read for yourself. It was quite a journey.

From my personal understanding and I have stated this once not long ago ... AP or AR is the same, becase every sheets with any color other than Pink all bears this same saying: Applicants found ineligible for a visa under Section 221( b ) ... Simple as that. The only thing different is some people are required to submit more evidence, some are not. However, AP or AR is irelevant and not important. PINK is ...

Edited by Kevin&Loan

Also, I have been wanting to say this for a while but I wanted to see if it is true or just plain rumor

My wife and I took the kid over to my parents house one day about 2 months go to have dinner and my father said he just heard that the US Consulate in Saigon just decided to stop issuing K1 visas for a while due to fraud and they would backtrack and scrutinize even more all the cases that are presently at the Consulate. I then asked him if he was sure. He affirmed. I asked for the source of the news and he said he just happen to work around the house with both the TV on in the living room and the radio on in the garage so he did not remember where he got the news.

Now, in Houston, there are about 3 Vietnamese radio stations but I know he only listens to Radio Saigon-Houston AM900. As far as Vietnamese channels on TV, I know he watches via DirectTV the following: SBTN, VHN, Hon Viet.

Now, like I said, I wanted to tell you guys but not sure if it is true but now we can see that everyone in here that walked in for anterview, walked out with a blue sheet. I also frequent a site called VietDiTru.com and I saw a the same pattern. Now, all we need is to verify if the news is indeed authentic or the people at the stations just make it up to make news. So, if you happen to live in SoCal or HTown, please call around and ask if anyone else heard the same thing. I have asked but none of the people I know listen or watch anything Viet ... :(

Again, please don't be alarmed. I hope it isn't true. Spank me if it turns out to be a hoax.

Timeline

Administrative Processing Information

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.

Important Notice: Before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 60 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

About Visa Processing Wait Times – Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants

Information about nonimmigrant visa wait times for interviews and visa processing timeframes are shown on this website, as well as on U.S. Embassy and Consulate websites worldwide. It should be noted that the “Wait Times for a Nonimmigrant Visa to be Processed” information by country does not include time required for administrative processing. Processing wait time also does not include the time required to return the passport to applicants, by either courier services or the local mail system.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/a_zindex/a_zindex_4353.html

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Also, I have been wanting to say this for a while but I wanted to see if it is true or just plain rumor

My wife and I took the kid over to my parents house one day about 2 months go to have dinner and my father said he just heard that the US Consulate in Saigon just decided to stop issuing K1 visas for a while due to fraud and they would backtrack and scrutinize even more all the cases that are presently at the Consulate. I then asked him if he was sure. He affirmed. I asked for the source of the news and he said he just happen to work around the house with both the TV on in the living room and the radio on in the garage so he did not remember where he got the news.

Now, in Houston, there are about 3 Vietnamese radio stations but I know he only listens to Radio Saigon-Houston AM900. As far as Vietnamese channels on TV, I know he watches via DirectTV the following: SBTN, VHN, Hon Viet.

Now, like I said, I wanted to tell you guys but not sure if it is true but now we can see that everyone in here that walked in for anterview, walked out with a blue sheet. I also frequent a site called VietDiTru.com and I saw a the same pattern. Now, all we need is to verify if the news is indeed authentic or the people at the stations just make it up to make news. So, if you happen to live in SoCal or HTown, please call around and ask if anyone else heard the same thing. I have asked but none of the people I know listen or watch anything Viet ... :(

Again, please don't be alarmed. I hope it isn't true. Spank me if it turns out to be a hoax.

I have heard that it was really difficult to get a K1 or K3 now but I see they still issue them from what I read on here many people have gotten them. I think the people on here are more prepaired then others and have a better chance of getting a K visa.

The good news is that CR1 visa are still possible.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-04

Interview Date : 2008-11-06

Interview Result : Denied 2008-12-05

Round 2

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Marriage : 2009-04-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-04-29

I-130 Approved : 2009-09-09

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 4 Received : 2009-11-13

Interview Date : 2009-12-23

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2010-01-07

POE minneapolis 02-19-10

By my side happy everafter 02-19-10

Timeline

I have heard that it was really difficult to get a K1 or K3 now but I see they still issue them from what I read on here many people have gotten them. I think the people on here are more prepaired then others and have a better chance of getting a K visa.

The good news is that CR1 visa are still possible.

All are possible.. They have K-1, CR1 and K3 people all in AP... so they are not focusing on one type of visa.... I wish I could say there was a common thread that tied everyone together that is getting AP... AP is nothing new either.. they have been doing it for years at HCMC.... it seems like they are doing it more often now...

I read where a member here waited in AP for over 6 months and finally went to the HCMC consulate and met with the chief. The man said they doubted the fact that the relationship was real.. he told them it was real and asked them what more they wanted from him to prove it as he already provided everything they asked. The CO agreed and granted visa... I feel that if it has been 60 days in AP (the time it should take as stated by USCIS) that the petitioner should be granted a sit down with the person in charge to discuss the case and get it finalized... There is NO REASON for it to take several months... no excuse! Since they have office hours posted for USC to come by and ask to speak to someone.. If we get AP I will be there daily asking what now... When will they decide.. They will get tired of seeing me.... a fraud would not go to that length to get the visa in my opinion and they should see that and grant the visa...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I read where a member here waited in AP for over 6 months and finally went to the HCMC consulate and met with the chief. The man said they doubted the fact that the relationship was real.. he told them it was real and asked them what more they wanted from him to prove it as he already provided everything they asked. The CO agreed and granted visa... I feel that if it has been 60 days in AP (the time it should take as stated by USCIS) that the petitioner should be granted a sit down with the person in charge to discuss the case and get it finalized... There is NO REASON for it to take several months... no excuse! Since they have office hours posted for USC to come by and ask to speak to someone.. If we get AP I will be there daily asking what now... When will they decide.. They will get tired of seeing me.... a fraud would not go to that length to get the visa in my opinion and they should see that and grant the visa...

In most cases, it's not the petitioner they suspect of fraud. It's the beneficiary. If someone wants to get out of Vietnam bad enough, they'd happily go through all of that and a lot more in order to do it. They've spent their whole life in Vietnam. They'd be more than willing to rattle cages at the consulate for 6 months.

In some consulates, the rule is "If the petitioner believes it's real, then it's real". I read that in an article by a man who worked as a CO at three different consulates. I don't think HCM has that particular rule. In some cases, it's pretty obvious why a particular case is denied or gets AP. In other cases, I'm just stumped.

One thing that would help enormously would be to know exactly what it is that the CO suspects when they say that they think the relationship is a sham for immigration purposes. Do they think the petitioner is in on the suspected sham? If so, do they think he's being paid off, or just helping someone out? If they don't think the petitioner is in on it, then they must think he's being duped by the beneficiary. What are the clues that make them suspect that?

I don't think they want to reveal their real suspicions because they probably think a scammer would be able to address those suspicions as easily as a legitimate couple. Instead, they do a paperwork dance in the hope of collecting more clues without tipping their hand.

Seriously, this whole mess could be resolved if they'd change the immigration laws to make it tougher to get unconditional permanent residence through marriage. As it is now, all they have to do is get their conditional green card, collect a little evidence, and file for a divorce. If they can't get enough evidence, or don't want to wait long enough to collect the evidence, they call the cops a few times and claim abuse. Once they get the visa, it's just too easy for a scammer to stay in the US. This puts the burden on the consulates to try to stop the scammers from getting a visa in the first place. Those of us with legitimate relationships have to pay the consequences for this. :angry:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.