codybanks

Denied at POE

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I tried to enter the US on Nov 27th and got denied.

I was in Secondary for almost 4 hrs and was in confinement the last 2 of those 4 hrs. I was denied because of an offense I had back in 1982, which the person that interviewed me said that he would let it go and if some of you remember, we had to go sit down for a bit, well that was the reason why. Well anyways the CBP said that he contacted the Montreal Embassy and had it changed, so my K1 Visa has now been canceled and I was given an I-601. This really bites, cause now it's going be over a year if it gets approved and I can't enter the US til I get a waiver.

I just sent off an email to Montreal to try and get some things cleared up on this matter, hopefully they'll reply back.

I will give you updates as to how we are progressing.

I hope that everyone else doesn't have this problem at the POE.

Life Is Too Short,

Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly,

Kiss Slowly, Love Truly,

Laugh Uncontrollably,

And Never Regret Anything

That Made You Smile.

Life May Not Be The Party

We Hoped For,

But While We ' re Here, We Should Dance...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to hear this cody :(

Sucks that the border guard did that.

Hopefully it gets settled soon. *hug*

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

That's terrible.

I hope you can get that straightened out and POE properly and easily next time. ):

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Thank you for your warm wishes, we are still in shock over this.

We are going to wait and see what they write back to us and then decide how we are going to proceed with this.

Edited by codybanks

Life Is Too Short,

Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly,

Kiss Slowly, Love Truly,

Laugh Uncontrollably,

And Never Regret Anything

That Made You Smile.

Life May Not Be The Party

We Hoped For,

But While We ' re Here, We Should Dance...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you for your warm wishes, we are still in shock over this.

We are going to wait and see what they write back to us and then decide how we are going to proceed with this.

That sounds like a nightmare day for you. You expected to be with your fiance and get marriedonly to have something from nearly 30 years ago deny you entry.

That doesn't sound right. I mean if the US Consulate approved you, you would think everything is ok, right?

This just doesn't sound right . . . I hope you get it resolved too, and sooner rather than later.

{hugs}

02.09.2007- Met online (EverQuest 2)

07.11.2008- Met in person (Orlando)

02.14.2009- Got engaged (Toronto)

K-1

03.13.2009- NOA 1

08.24.2009- NOA 2

11.20.2009- Montreal Interview Approved!!

02.01.2010- POE @ Lewiston Bridge

02.25.2010- Applied for SS#

04.29.2010- Beach Wedding!!

AOS

05.27.2010- NOA 1 for I-131, I-485 & I-765

06.18.2010- I-485 transferred to CSC

06.21.2010- Biometrics

07.22.2010- EAD & AP approved

10.28.2010- RFE for I-485- They lost our medical!

12.09.2010- Green Card in hand!

ROC

09.14.2012- Mailed I-751 to VSC

10.26.2012- Biometrics

04.11.2013- 10 Year Green Card approved! No interview :)

8zs8cuv3suq7.png

I was in Secondary for almost 4 hrs and was in confinement the last 2 of those 4 hrs. I was denied because of an offense I had back in 1982, which the person that interviewed me said that he would let it go and if some of you remember, we had to go sit down for a bit, well that was the reason why. Well anyways the CBP said that he contacted the Montreal Embassy and had it changed, so my K1 Visa has now been canceled and I was given an I-601. This really bites, cause now it's going be over a year if it gets approved and I can't enter the US til I get a waiver.

I just sent off an email to Montreal to try and get some things cleared up on this matter, hopefully they'll reply back.

I am really sorry to hear that! That really does bite :(

When I went to activate my visa at the POE, they told me that, even thought MOntreal grants your Visa, that POE Homeland Security has final say if they want to grant you access to the Country, and that they have every right to make the final decision...they over rule the Embassy...I actually got nervous cause I thought when I got the Visa in my hand that it was a done deal....but I guess until you physically cross at POE, nothing is guaranteed....

There was also a lady at Montreal when I interviewed, who nearly didn't get her Visa due to a misdemeanor from 1979! So sad :(

I really wish you the best.

Edited by poprocks

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you :( I hope they get back to you soon and you can start working toward whatever you need to do to get through with no problems next time.

Best wishes.

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Timeline

Hey codybanks...

Man, I am SO sorry to read this post! Are you saying that you had your K1 approved and that the POE guard denied your entry because of an offense from decades ago? that they changed their mind without first advising you of this?

how is that possible? Is that even correct of them? i'm shocked at this. Wow. i am SO sorry to read this. I really am. That doesn't sound right at all. I'm sorry.

Please keep us posted as to how it turns out for you...

:)

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

I am really sorry to hear this ... very awful...

I hope you will get this sort it out asap!

Jo&Si

Adjustment of Status

AOS, AP. EAD sent on 2010-03-31 Received on April 1st

04/09/2010 NOA1 email/texts for I-485, I-131, I-765

04/17/2010 Biometrics appt letter received

04/21/2010 Biometrics done!!!

05/04/2010 Biometrics appt

04/29/2010 Case transfered to CSC

05/18/2010 AP approval on website after Expedite request for health reason

05/18/2010 EAD approval

06/08/2010 GC Production ordered

06/14/2010 Welcome letter received

06/24/2010 Green Card received

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2012-04-24

NOA Date : 2012-04-30

Bio. Appt. : 2012-07-18 (early bio)

Approval / Denial Date : 2013-01-16

Approved :Yes

Got I551 Stamp :No

Green Card Received :01-26-2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Im really sorry to hear that :( I hope this gets resolved really fast for you guys.

Good luck.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

wow...definately keep us in the loop on how this works out for you! I hope it gets sorted out quickly, thats absolutely horrible!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Hey codybanks...

Man, I am SO sorry to read this post! Are you saying that you had your K1 approved and that the POE guard denied your entry because of an offense from decades ago? that they changed their mind without first advising you of this?

how is that possible? Is that even correct of them? i'm shocked at this. Wow. i am SO sorry to read this. I really am. That doesn't sound right at all. I'm sorry.

Please keep us posted as to how it turns out for you...

:)

It sounds like Embassy was ok with it...but Homeland Security was not...they even told them that they were contacting Embassy to say they were canceling it...which sucks :(

I hope you guys can get this fixed on your own...without having to hire a lawyer or waste extra money.

I guess this really shows that POE is the final say and they have the ability to over turn stuff...scary :(

I'd be interested to see if Embassy will have influence.

Keep us posted and good luck!

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.