Lenie7

Montreal denied!!!

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Crossing my fingers and toes for you Lenie.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Im crossing my fingers for you Lenie...it sucks. My file is in a dust pile there too :(

Edited by coraliesolms

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

98% of the time, where domicile is involved, he is the guy that does the interview. In more than one case he has mentioned to the interviewee that he had to be apart from his wife for some time as she was also an immigrant.

One would think that this would have made him more compassionate, based on people's stories I have heard, it appears to have just made him bitter - now all of you are paying for that bitterness.

Some of the people who work at the Mtl consulate, at least the 'top' guy, read some of these threads, or at least have. I had hoped that in reading some of these stories there might have been some action - that domicile had been reviewed, that people could have clearer instruction etc etc - obviously that is not the case and is not going to be. When people are at the interview and are asked for more proof, they are not given a clear picture of what they need to submit. Why is that? Is there a U.S. immigration law that states that a CO cannot tell an applicant what documents they need to submit to prove their intent?

I cannot understand why the U.S. consulate in Montreal wishes to put people through extended waits for no particular reason. Even if we look at the case of Jonesg111's wife - proving domicile - it took them 9 months and the intervention of a senator to get approved.

While I completely understand that there are rules to be followed, when there is clear intent to reestablish domicile (even if the person gave inadequate proof or stated incorrect intent during the interview) why can they just not be approved.

It's been several months since a few of us wrote to Montreal regarding clear guidelines for proving reestablishing - I never received a reply to my letter and i'm sure no one else did either.

So if anyone is under the false impression that Montreal does actually care - you can put that aside right now. That is the reason why, when I see the Thank You Montreal!! threads, I just shake my head.

Normally I would probably just close the window here and not post this, because what is the point really - but i'm not going to this time. :hehe:

Edited by trailmix

Is there anyway to submit a formal complaint about this guy? Not that Id be the one to do it.. Im sure they are just looking for a reason to deny my visa, and complaining about this guy might get it scrutinized. But if one wanted to, how would you go about it??

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

You're right on all points, Trailmix! What's happening in Montreal just doesn't make sense and it's causing hardship for a lot of people. The guy even said to me, "I BELIEVE that you want to move to the U.S." yet still refused to issue the visa. Isn't that really what I needed to prove: my intent to move to the U.S.?

Anyway, some things have happened since early March that is making getting this visa a big issue for us. If we don't get it with this latest submission, I don't know what we're going to do...

Timeline

You're right on all points, Trailmix! What's happening in Montreal just doesn't make sense and it's causing hardship for a lot of people. The guy even said to me, "I BELIEVE that you want to move to the U.S." yet still refused to issue the visa. Isn't that really what I needed to prove: my intent to move to the U.S.?

Anyway, some things have happened since early March that is making getting this visa a big issue for us. If we don't get it with this latest submission, I don't know what we're going to do...

Hi everyone,

We sent in our proof of domicile documents for the second time after they sent my husband a letter specifically asking for my evidence of employment, utility bills, and cleared rent checks. I sent those in April 1st and I called DOS today to see if anything has happened. The DOS lady told me nothing has happened since February and that was when they had sent the letter to my husband. This would be our 2nd time submitting more documents and I've given them everything possible. I'm working in the US, renting from my parents, just the whole nine yards...i really do hope that this time its an approval...or else I don't know what we are going to do...I hope that all of us who are waiting will have it all end soon on a happy note...we can only wait and pray.

Hi everyone,

We sent in our proof of domicile documents for the second time after they sent my husband a letter specifically asking for my evidence of employment, utility bills, and cleared rent checks. I sent those in April 1st and I called DOS today to see if anything has happened. The DOS lady told me nothing has happened since February and that was when they had sent the letter to my husband. This would be our 2nd time submitting more documents and I've given them everything possible. I'm working in the US, renting from my parents, just the whole nine yards...i really do hope that this time its an approval...or else I don't know what we are going to do...I hope that all of us who are waiting will have it all end soon on a happy note...we can only wait and pray.

I called DOS today, they say its taking about 9-12 weeks to get to the additional documents. I sent my stuff in in the beginning of march, and they still havent looked at it from what I can tell.

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

I called DOS today, they say its taking about 9-12 weeks to get to the additional documents. I sent my stuff in in the beginning of march, and they still havent looked at it from what I can tell.

Really,Coralie? Tomorrow will be my 6th week since I sent in the additional documents. In one of the sheets that the interviewer gave me after my interview was an instruction on how to send in the additional documents and at the bottom of the sheet it says.."pls allow 4 weeks from the time you send correspondence to receive a reply from the Consulate" ARRRRGGG...they should have changed this statement :angry:

Lol.. Ive learned, whatever timeline montreal gives you... you can easily triple it.

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

How disappointing that they are playing with people's lives like this. There is no way that they believe all these people are faking their intent to live in the U.S. This guy is just using his bitterness in life to deny other people happiness. How sad for him that he abuses his power this way.

Coralie - I am with you regarding complaining about this guy. I am planning to file a formal complaint once all this stuff is over, but of course I'm scared to do it now in case it jeopardizes my case.

Edited by Lenie7

Timeline

How disappointing that they are playing with people's lives like this. There is no way that they believe all these people are faking their intent to live in the U.S. This guy is just using his bitterness in life to deny other people happiness. How sad for him that he abuses his power this way.

Coralie - I am with you regarding complaining about this guy. I am planning to file a formal complaint once all this stuff is over, but of course I'm scared to do it now in case it jeopardizes my case.

Hello Carolie and everyone,

Thats weird that they told you 9-12 weeks because the first time we sent in our additional documents, they received it around February 9 or so and they actually sent a letter to my husband that was dated the 27th asking for more stuff. That means it took them about 2 weeks or so to look at it and ask for more so definitely not as long as they told you. Also, other members on VJ have received their's within 4-6 wks and ofcourse there are other poor souls who it took longer for. Lets just hope we will be in the sooner pile!

Timeline

Hello Carolie and everyone,

Thats weird that they told you 9-12 weeks because the first time we sent in our additional documents, they received it around February 9 or so and they actually sent a letter to my husband that was dated the 27th asking for more stuff. That means it took them about 2 weeks or so to look at it and ask for more so definitely not as long as they told you. Also, other members on VJ have received their's within 4-6 wks and ofcourse there are other poor souls who it took longer for. Lets just hope we will be in the sooner pile!

I am one of the poor souls!!! :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.