The_Sage1

A small error with I-129F Form

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I am writing because I am rather confused about what I should do about a small error I caught on my I-129F. I received the NOA1 on August 13th and haven't yet received the NOA2. I actually went through a "do it yourself" agency called Filipina Fiancee Visa but even they didn't catch an error this small. The mistake is that the beneficiary's place of birth on the form and also on the G-325 form does not match what's on the birth cerficiate. I'm wondering if my fiancee should just inform the consulate of this error at the interview? Small mistake that I could kick myself for, but hopefully it doesn't cause any problems.

Also, does anyone know how to post their own timeline on this site?

Timeline

Figured out how to do the timeline...not that mine is very long thus far.

Still, I've never been able to find an answer from anyone about this problem. It's really caused some turmoil with my fiance for making that mistake. It seems like I can't get through to the USCIS about correcting it, so I'll just wait and see what happens.

You might get an RFE for that. I dont know. I cant say what the USCIS will say about it. Just have to wait and see now.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

Well, I thought that as well but I already have her birth certificate included on there. What further evidence could I possibly provide? The only thing I *could* do is get the form back and correct it. I hope that's not the case though and that they just overlook it. I've seen people with bigger mistakes get overlooked.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello, I am writing because I am rather confused about what I should do about a small error I caught on my I-129F. I received the NOA1 on August 13th and haven't yet received the NOA2. I actually went through a "do it yourself" agency called Filipina Fiancee Visa but even they didn't catch an error this small. The mistake is that the beneficiary's place of birth on the form and also on the G-325 form does not match what's on the birth cerficiate. I'm wondering if my fiancee should just inform the consulate of this error at the interview? Small mistake that I could kick myself for, but hopefully it doesn't cause any problems.

Also, does anyone know how to post their own timeline on this site?

The foreign fiancee's birth certificate is not needed for the I-129f petition, so why would you have included it? How would USCIS even know this if you followed instructions?

At any rate, even of you did send too much information, I doubt USCIS will look at it as it is not needed. Therefore the mistake will not be caught at the petition level and she can correct this at the interview.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Figured out how to do the timeline...not that mine is very long thus far.

Still, I've never been able to find an answer from anyone about this problem. It's really caused some turmoil with my fiance for making that mistake. It seems like I can't get through to the USCIS about correcting it, so I'll just wait and see what happens.

the answer is USCIS will not care, it is not information they ever needed to begin with and you will not get an RFE for un-needed information. Correct it at the interview if it bothers her. I would, just because otherwise her DOB will be wrong on all her documents.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

249$ for a service that didn't notice a mistake and asked you to send things that you dont even need to send? - Sorry you wasted your money!

But like Gary and Alla said, USCIS wont care and you wont get an RFE for that. I forgot 1 number on my husbands zipcode and they didnt give a whoop, they changed it themselfs at the office to the correct zipcode.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.