DoneWaiting

BRAZIL K1 Process/Experience, Feedback, Concerns, Advise

244 posts in this topic

Wow, I don't remember my wife paying so much money when processing the K1 - Medical visit. or you are referring to your AOS I-693 medical form/CS visit?

In regards to the registration of marriage, yes NY information is correct but here in NY you need to present copies and original documents..

.. We just got our official marriage certificate from the consulate [this past tuesday] and during our next trip to Brazil we will be completing the registration with/to the "cartorio"..

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone - still in the final few days of waiting for our NOA2 and looking ahead to what's next...

just checked out the Rio consulate site and saw this notice (not sure if we've already seen this, but):

http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/index.php?action=materia&id=8787&submenu=2&itemmenu=10

Brasilia, March, 2010 – As of March 15th, the State Department will be using a new form in Brazil for visa applications. DS-160 is completely electronic and will replace the forms DS-156, 157 and 158. The new form, which will be mandatory as of April 5th, will also allow photographs to be uploaded. Even with the implementation of this new form, applicants still need to schedule an interview and pay the fees.

and this here: http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/index.php?action=materia&id=7213&submenu=riomateria.php&itemmenu=183

**********************************IMPORTANT NOTICE****************************

* The application process for U.S. visas will change as of April 5, 2010. Appointments made for April 5 and beyond REQUIRE that you complete the new DS-160, and upload your photo electronically. As of March 15, you may access and fill out the new form found at this link: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

* For appointments made for April 5, 2010 and beyond, the Consulate will ONLY accept the new DS-160 form. Applicants who do not present the DS-160 form as of April 5,2010 will NOT be interviewed and MUST reschedule their appointments for the next available date.

* Your DS-160 application must be completed no less than 2 days prior to your appointment date.

* For additional information about the DS-160, please click here.

* For additional information about visas for the United States, please click here.

Just wanted to post here since it seems to impact all of us as a heads up.

beijos!

Visa Journey

9 Dec 09 -- Express mailed package

10 Dec 09 -- USPS Delivery Confirmation

17 Dec 09 -- NOA1 (dated for Dec 11)

24 March 10 -- NOA2!!

29 March 10 -- rcv'd NVC case number and it's off to Rio!!

20 May 10 -- Interview - APPROVED!

26 May 10 -- Passport/Visa in Hand

30 May 10 -- Welcome to America!

8 June 10 -- Happily Married

AOS Journey

11 Oct 10 -- AOS Filed

15 Oct 10 -- Rejection Notice...expired doc? will resend asap.

25 Oct 10 -- Re-filed AOS Package with correct I-485

2 Nov 10 -- Rcv'd email/text NOA1 verification of acceptance!

3 Nov 10 -- Check Cashed

8 Nov 10 -- Rcv'd 3 NOA1's and Biometrics appt letter...scheduled for Nov 30th

30 Nov 10 -- Biometrics went smoothly

2 Dec 10 -- Touch

3 Dec 10 -- Touch

6 Dec 10 -- Sent to Cali! Rcv'd notice Dec 10

4 Jan 11 -- EAD card production notice and I131 approval!

10 Jan 11 -- I-512L Travel Authorization forms rcv'd

27 Jan 11 -- Green Card Approved! Notified via text/email

Thank you for that update! My mother is doing her tourist one in May, and could have skipped that, for she already did the appointment and printed forms.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Fantastic Update.. thank you for sharing..

Hey everyone - still in the final few days of waiting for our NOA2 and looking ahead to what's next...

just checked out the Rio consulate site and saw this notice (not sure if we've already seen this, but):

http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/index.php?action=materia&id=8787&submenu=2&itemmenu=10

Brasilia, March, 2010 – As of March 15th, the State Department will be using a new form in Brazil for visa applications. DS-160 is completely electronic and will replace the forms DS-156, 157 and 158. The new form, which will be mandatory as of April 5th, will also allow photographs to be uploaded. Even with the implementation of this new form, applicants still need to schedule an interview and pay the fees.

and this here: http://brasilia.usembassy.gov/index.php?action=materia&id=7213&submenu=riomateria.php&itemmenu=183

**********************************IMPORTANT NOTICE****************************

* The application process for U.S. visas will change as of April 5, 2010. Appointments made for April 5 and beyond REQUIRE that you complete the new DS-160, and upload your photo electronically. As of March 15, you may access and fill out the new form found at this link: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/

* For appointments made for April 5, 2010 and beyond, the Consulate will ONLY accept the new DS-160 form. Applicants who do not present the DS-160 form as of April 5,2010 will NOT be interviewed and MUST reschedule their appointments for the next available date.

* Your DS-160 application must be completed no less than 2 days prior to your appointment date.

* For additional information about the DS-160, please click here.

* For additional information about visas for the United States, please click here.

Just wanted to post here since it seems to impact all of us as a heads up.

beijos!

"Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all. Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity. It is right and it is duty." -- NAPF page on Oscar Romero

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

Hi Everybody!

Its great to find this topic so we can help each other!

I have some questions about the police certificates..

I am presently leaving in SP but I have lived all my life in Rio..so I understand I wl have to have 3 certificates:

1- Policia Federal - Do I have to go there in person?D oes it need to be autenticado?

2-Secretaria de Segurança de Sp - The online certificate is enough? Autenticado?

3-Felix Pacheco in Rio - I am planning to trvl to Rio Apr 9th in order to get it.. do u guys know if they can deliver it the same day? Autenticado?

4-When did u start your medical exams..before getting the NOA2 or right after?

5-Did you take all vaccinantions in one day?

6-Did yr doc give u the copy of the DS-3025 form for the AOS?

I thank u so much for yr help..

Have a great day

Edited by IBLP

IBLP

Hi Everybody!

I am presently leaving in SP but I have lived all my life in Rio..so I understand I wl have to have 3 certificates:

1- Policia Federal - Do I have to go there in person?D oes it need to be autenticado?

2-Secretaria de Segurança de Sp - The online certificate is enough? Autenticado?

3-Felix Pacheco in Rio - I am planning to trvl to Rio Apr 9th in order to get it.. do u guys know if they can deliver it the same day? Autenticado?

Have a great day

Hello! I don't know exactly about the police certificates, but:

- Take the original police certificate(s) plus a simple copy(ies). In Santa Catarina, the federal one took 5 days to be ready, while the state one I had to come back on the following day. It may change depending on the state though, and some you can even print it online, so wait for further answers on that please.

- You will need your new case number for the medical. This number you get after NOA2, when your case is then forwarded to NVC, who will send your case to Rio. At NVC, you will get a number that starts with "RDJ". You can call a couple weeks after NOA2 to get this number before you receive the interview letter from Rio to speed things up.

- If one of your vaccinations requires months between shots, your visa won't be denied, you will just have a notation on your vaccination record about it, and in US you will be asked to take those remaining shots when the time arrives. I required the HPV vaccine, which I could not take at the same day of the medical exam. So the doctor told me I could go home, take it, and send her proof of it, and just then she would finish the exam package and mail it to me. This is what I did. The proof is that the doctor responsible by the vaccination clinic wrote the doctor a letter about it, with the vaccine numbers and such, and sent by fax. I do have it written on my personal vaccination card that info too.

- My doctor did give me a copy of the vaccination record. Doesn't hurt to ask if yours don't automatically remember to fill you a copy.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

Hi Everybody!

Have a great day

You can get your Federal Police Certificate online, online validation: http://www.dpf.gov.br/ --- At the main page: Certidão de Antecedentes Criminais

as mentioned above response, is best for you to start with your vaccination as soon as possible. SO when you visit the doctor you have everything in order, that will avoid any possible delays..

And Yes, doctors should give you a copy of the DS 3025, but remind him/her just in case..

Wife'sTime Line My link

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

1) It is fine to get the online FP report. I don't know if you have to validate it or if they do.

2) It is fine to get the online state police report, if your state offers it. I know Bahia does, and L wasn't in PE long enough to have to get a certificate there.

3) L's never lived in Rio, so I dunno.

4) His medical is the day before the interview, on the 7th. He lives in Bahia and the closest medical is in Recife and why pay for a second air fare when he knows he doesn't have TB or STDs (two of the major things they look at)? But if there was a medical in his city, he would have done it already. We talked to one of the doctors in Recife about doing the medical while we were waiting for ou NOA2, but they said without the case number (the one that starts with RDJ yyyy), they could not give it.

5) L double checked his vaccination records against the list Duarte's office gave & got the last ones that he needed for free up in Bahia about two weeks ago -- why pay R$70+ for something he can get for free back at home? He did them in one day, but only had two to get (a second MMR and a TDP booster).

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

4) His medical is the day before the interview, on the 7th. He lives in Bahia and the closest medical is in Recife and why pay for a second air fare when he knows he doesn't have TB or STDs (two of the major things they look at)? But if there was a medical in his city, he would have done it already. We talked to one of the doctors in Recife about doing the medical while we were waiting for ou NOA2, but they said without the case number (the one that starts with RDJ yyyy), they could not give it.

Wow, don’t forget he is required to do blood work with a recommended lab [probably by the doctor]. Results are not always return the same day..

I understand the traveling and expense, my case was almost the same, my wife lived in Vila Velha [ES] but I had her done all medical weeks prior interview.. Good thing we did, lab work was return a week later.. She arrived in Rio a day prior interview and picked up all their medical and lab work the day before the interview..

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

He was told that it would be ready at 4pm and he could not get the blood tests or x-rays done at home. Maybe he misunderstood. I'll have him ask again.

I asked hte consulate about the DS-160 form, because we had already finished the DS-156/156K/157 forms.

Dear Madam:

This form is not applicable on K visas.

Regards' date='

This email is UNCLASSIFIED

Immigrant Visa Unit

United States Consulate General

Rio de Janeiro - RJ -Brazil

Was our information useful? If you have any complaints or suggestions, please send us an e-mail.

Essas Informações foram úteis? Se você tem alguma crítica ou sugestão, por favor, envie-nos um e-mail.

Boa tarde,

I saw online that there is a new online form, the I160, and that it's mandatory for interviews after 5 April. Does this replace the I156 and

I157 for K-visas? If so, is the I156K still required? If my fiancé has already filled out the I156 (because our interview was originally scheduled for next week), do he still need to fill out the I160?

Muito obrigada,

Edited by K and L

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

He was told that it would be ready at 4pm and he could not get the blood tests or x-rays done at home. Maybe he misunderstood. I'll have him ask again.

Indeed, you want to make sure everything is cleared and in order to avoid a major headache, specially a day before the interview..

I asked hte consulate about the DS-160 form, because we had already finished the DS-156/156K/157 forms.

If i was you, I will have the old and new forms ready just in case.. Unfortunately the embassy website has not even been updated..

Edited by ImWaiting

Wife'sTime Line My link

Timeline

It's not updated because they aren't requiring it for the K visa, just the other NIVs (tourist visas, temporary visas, the like). I think the DoS is in the process of converting the K visa into actually being an IV. The proposed fee change would support that, as it's consistent with the present fees for the IR1/CR1 visa.

ETA: Not that it matters, I'm pretty sure he just went ahead and filled out the form when I told him about it. L's good that way. Has all his other paperwork done, and my I134 is on its merry way because he insisted I mail it so he can finish assembling the file. Damn engineers. xD

Edited by K and L

Timeline

Congrats on the interview date!

and good to know that this new form does/may not have anything to do with us.

Another question - my fiance' has no record of his vaccinations for whatever reason, should he just go ahead to the free clinic and get the shots done? or just go ahead and set up a medical consulta with a doctor from the approved list in Sao Paulo?

I was thinking the latter, but what from your experiences would make the most sense?

-Derice

Visa Journey

9 Dec 09 -- Express mailed package

10 Dec 09 -- USPS Delivery Confirmation

17 Dec 09 -- NOA1 (dated for Dec 11)

24 March 10 -- NOA2!!

29 March 10 -- rcv'd NVC case number and it's off to Rio!!

20 May 10 -- Interview - APPROVED!

26 May 10 -- Passport/Visa in Hand

30 May 10 -- Welcome to America!

8 June 10 -- Happily Married

AOS Journey

11 Oct 10 -- AOS Filed

15 Oct 10 -- Rejection Notice...expired doc? will resend asap.

25 Oct 10 -- Re-filed AOS Package with correct I-485

2 Nov 10 -- Rcv'd email/text NOA1 verification of acceptance!

3 Nov 10 -- Check Cashed

8 Nov 10 -- Rcv'd 3 NOA1's and Biometrics appt letter...scheduled for Nov 30th

30 Nov 10 -- Biometrics went smoothly

2 Dec 10 -- Touch

3 Dec 10 -- Touch

6 Dec 10 -- Sent to Cali! Rcv'd notice Dec 10

4 Jan 11 -- EAD card production notice and I131 approval!

10 Jan 11 -- I-512L Travel Authorization forms rcv'd

27 Jan 11 -- Green Card Approved! Notified via text/email

Timeline

Just go to the free clinic with the list of vaccinations he needs (which will probably just be MMR x2, TDP, and possibly varicella if he's not had chicken pox). He will need to return in about a month to finish the MMR series.

Once he's had the vaccinations and you've got the RDJ number, make the appointment in SP whenever. He lives there (as I recall from reading your profile), and it's way easier to have the medical completely done before the interview than do what we're doing (the day before).

Edited by K and L

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.