Bryan in Tokyo

Digital Fingerprinting for those who have lived in Canada, but currently do not

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi guys, at the behest of the moderator, wanted to share information regarding digital fingerprinting for police records for those of us who lived in Canada, but currently do not.

I ended up calling and long story short, digital fingerprinting is speedier, it'll cost 72CAN for the 1. fingerprinting and 2. RCMP background check. These are two separate entities, however, point of entry and payment is simply with the company, in this case "Commissisionares"

Here's a summary:

Ms. Barinder Parhar was nice and answered all of our questions. Process goes like this

1. Come in the morning (recommended) - make sure fingers moisturized; they'll ensure readibility and quality with you there.

2. Digital fingerprints are sent instantly to RCMP

3. RCMP processes for 3 days

4. Mailinng takes 5-6 days (forgot to confirm 'business days'

5. Total: 8-10 days , but no guarantee

Highlights:

* Definitely faster, it is a green light

* May receive it while you are on vacation

* Bottom line, it'll come within about 10 days

* Clear process, so easy to understand

* Have a contact name: Barinder Parhar

***By the way, we're planning to move to the US, I'm a USC. She simply lived in Canada for 12 years, so police records are required; currently living in Tokyo!

Edited by Bryan in Tokyo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is this for people who have records?

My back ground check took 5 minutes and I had it in hand when I left the Police station. This was just in July recently and it only cost 40$.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No, it's for people who are not currently living in Canada, they have to have the fingerprint check whether they have a record or not. Although people resident in Canada can also use the service.

Thanks for the info :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

mh they didn't offer this in july they had no finger printing where I lived. They gave me two options, one where I could pick it up that day for 40$ or where I didn't have to pay and would get it in the mail 2 weeks later.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.