ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had interview on June 24, 09 at Islamabad embassy. We completed all that painfull process of sending alot of documents and then medical and everything and at the interview they gave me a green letter that says your case is under administrative processing and wait from six weeks to infinity. I was so pissed off but well nothing can be done about this. Anyway lets update each other who ever is going through this hard time and post our progress so we can atleast get some idea about average processing time for AP

Sent I-130 to Vermont SC 05-30-2008

NOA 1 06-03-2008

Case Transferred to California SC 11-14-2008

NOA2 ........................ 12/11/2008

AOS fee.....................01/15/2009

Case completed..............05/10/2009

Interview Islamabad Embassy........................06/24/2009 AP :(

They told me to wait Min 6 Weeks and no limit for Max

Received call from ISL Embassy 08/25/2009 to submit passport

VISA IN HAND 09/05/2009

"]Link for Spreadsheet list of AP applicants at ISL/PAK

Timeline
I had interview on June 24, 09 at Islamabad embassy. We completed all that painfull process of sending alot of documents and then medical and everything and at the interview they gave me a green letter that says your case is under administrative processing and wait from six weeks to infinity. I was so pissed off but well nothing can be done about this. Anyway lets update each other who ever is going through this hard time and post our progress so we can atleast get some idea about average processing time for AP

Salaam alaikum,

My husband had his interview June 15th, we can all go through this together Inshallah. They told him that if he doesn't get the call for his passport/hear from them in three months, then call them. Here's a link that might be encouraging... http://www.visajourney.com/news/2009/06/23...-check-backlog/

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Salam Ailakum,

Thank you for post and it is infact encouraging that they are doing something to reduce time period wasted in name check. Did your husband received green letter saying your visa temporarily refused due to AP? Please keep positng any update. Thank you & Allha Hafiz

NOA 1 06-03-2008

VISA IN HAND 09/05/2009

Timeline

It looks like everyone is going on AP at Islamabad embassy.. my husband's interview is on July 16th and I am dreading this the most.. does anyone have an idea how long is this AP taking?

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Timeline

Ali555..sorry to hear about the results of your AP, but I think in the past few weeks I have read so much that you simply have to be mentally prepared for this AP thing. I have been so ready to go since February. Started packing everything and just ready to step out the door. But now, my mind has learnt to be a little bit more patient and ready to hear AP!

The only thing we can pray for is not to have a long AP.

My husbands interview is also on the July just like waitingforapproval. So hopefully we will update you about our case on that day!

Its like we are so close...yet so far. Just like sit at Iftari table but you can't eat! Haha. Have faith in Allah and InshAllah everything will be fine and you will soon be home.

best of luck

.png

Timeline

Good luck to both of you and InshaAllah we all will go through this eventually. This is best forum to connect people with each other who are in same situationl. thank you for encouraging words.

NOA 1 06-03-2008

VISA IN HAND 09/05/2009

Timeline

ALI555 - well it seems ur name is Ali something - that is a very common name which goes into AP.

It will end soon INSHALLAH.

COuld you please let me know how was your experience at the ISL Embassy. Thanks

N-400 Time

Timeline

L179 - That is the standard to use for the first 45 days if you need to contact DOS as i read this on a website, they have the right to refuse to give you information about ur case during that time, but usually they do not just say that its still in AP.

I have known cases where AP`s have lasted only a week or 10 days as well - so yes there is no standard :)

N-400 Time

Timeline

from DOS Website

Administrative Processing Information

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.

Important Notice: Before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 90 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

feisal - So basically 60 days is 45 working days :)

N-400 Time

Timeline

Feisal,

You are right my name "ALI" is common in Pakistan but as you said 98% cases are going throgh this AP. Do you know what they actually check in AP? is it field verification of your provided information or they send fingerprints to FBI for background check.

Answer to your question about my experience at Islamabad embassy.

After a long security checks I arrived at the embassy.

They called my name and it was Pakistani guy who asked me couple of question like if my phone numbers are current and then he told me to have seat and they will call me again

They called my name again this time it was American Gora. He asked me name of my sponsor and co sponsor. Wedding date, what is wife's profession, How long did she stay in Pakistan after wedding and then he asked me sign DS230 II form and took my fingerprints. They returned my passport and said that there is nothing wrong with your documents they just have to do some additional processing so they will call me to bring my passport and AMEX I guess I do not need to go to embassy any more. Well I think they should do their pronessing first then call people for interview

Edited by ALI555

NOA 1 06-03-2008

VISA IN HAND 09/05/2009

Timeline

I agree with you 100%.. they should do the background check before they call for an interview.. I was stuck in my citizenship AP for 33 months just because they hadn't completed the name check yet.. so unfair!!!

Ali.. what time was your interview? my husband's interview is at 8:00am and I will be going with him.. do you think getting there at 6:00 or 6:30 would give us enough time to pass through the security and all that?

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Timeline

It depends where you will be coming from but if you get to bus stop at 6:00 or 6:30AM then you will have enough time. They used to have this bus stop at convention center before buth now they moved it to Bara kahoo side. it better to be early for an hour than coming 5 min late. Good Luck

Edited by ALI555

NOA 1 06-03-2008

VISA IN HAND 09/05/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.