ALI555

Everyone going through Administrative Processing in ISLAMABAD

2,010 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NO AP for my wife. She passed the interview. Alhamdulilah. Questions were very basic such as when did we meet the first time, how many times have i visited my wife after the wedding, what did i send my wife for her first birthday?

My wife said the CO was a very nice lady. She didnt look at any pics, email logs or phone records. The interview lasted less than 20 minutes. They told my wife that AMEX will be calling her within a week and she will be able to pick up her passport.

Goodluck to all who's interview is in near future.

Thanks

Asher

8999.gif

I-130 timeline

3.27.8 - I-130 sent to VSC (The journey began)

4.7.8 - NOA1 hard copy received

11.10.8 - touched!!!! case transfered to CSC (Dated 11.5.8)

11.11.8 - touched!!!!

11.12.8 - touched again!!!

11.13.8 - touched again...:)

01.06.9 - touched.....first touch of 2009

01.07.9 - touched ..... looks like I'm close

01.08.9 - NOA2 Approval notice email received.....:)

01.13.9 - NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

01.14.09 - case number assigned by NVC

01.20.09 - NVC sent out DS-3032 and AOS fee bill

01.21.09 - Sent DS-3032 VIA email

01.23.09 - Received AOS Fee bill & DS-3032

01.23.09 - Paid AOS fee via online payment system

01.26.09 - AOS fee bill shows paid

01.27.09 - DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

01.29.09 - IV Fee bill generated

02.05.09 - IV Fee bill received in mail

02.05.09 - IV Fee bill paid Via Online payment

04.22.09 - NVC automated system says CASE COMPLETE.....Finally!!!!!!!!

04.23.09 - email received - interview scheduled june 30th!!!!

06.30.09 - Interview passed!!!!!!! finally its over

07.06.09 - Passport pickup from AMEX

08.18.09 - POE.....NY....JFK

09.12.09 - Received Alien card in mail.

Timeline

Congratz Asher..do let us know when she receives the visa... at least one person without an AP :-)

Marriage January 23, 2005

USCIS

August 14, 2006- I-130 Sent

September 22, 2008- NOA 1 Received

September 17, 2008- Became a USC

September 18, 2008- Upgraded I-130

March 20, 2009 - NOA2 (email)

March 25, 2009- NOA2 (hardcopy Received)

NVC

April 3, 2009 - Case Number Assigned

June 5, 2009 CASE COMPLETED AT NVC

June 9, 2009 Interview Date Assigned

July 16, 2009 Interview AP

August 24, 2009 DOS Operator said "VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED TODAY" Alhamdulillah

August 26, 2009 call from embassy to PICK UP THE PASSPORT :-)

August 27, 2009 Picked up the passport... woohooo!!!

September 9, 2009 US Entry InshaAllah

October 13, 2009 SSN and green card in mail DONE WITH USCIS until husband applies for his citizenship!!

The journey of 4 years, 8 months, and 3 weeks has ended!!!

.png

Timeline

Congratulations!

Asher thats really good news. I hope others will keep posting like you after getting visa so we all know whats going on. Normally when someone get the visa they forget to come back to VJ. I think just for others help we all should atleast once post our experience after getting visa.

Sent I-130 to Vermont SC 05-30-2008

NOA 1 06-03-2008

Case Transferred to California SC 11-14-2008

NOA2 ........................ 12/11/2008

AOS fee.....................01/15/2009

Case completed..............05/10/2009

Interview Islamabad Embassy........................06/24/2009 AP :(

They told me to wait Min 6 Weeks and no limit for Max

Received call from ISL Embassy 08/25/2009 to submit passport

VISA IN HAND 09/05/2009

"]Link for Spreadsheet list of AP applicants at ISL/PAK

Timeline
NO AP for my wife. She passed the interview. Alhamdulilah. Questions were very basic such as when did we meet the first time, how many times have i visited my wife after the wedding, what did i send my wife for her first birthday?

My wife said the CO was a very nice lady. She didnt look at any pics, email logs or phone records. The interview lasted less than 20 minutes. They told my wife that AMEX will be calling her within a week and she will be able to pick up her passport.

Goodluck to all who's interview is in near future.

Thanks

Asher

Congratulations!! Yes, please keep us informed when she gets the visa!

Timeline

Waiting4Approval - hehhe no i have not called them, but i know the interview would be late august or start of september so its ok. My case has been going along at very good pace so i m happy :)

Edited by FEISAL

N-400 Time

Let's all hope that this AP goes by fast, apparently there is no way around it. I think it should just be included in the instructions of Packet 4, that after the interview you will be put into AP if you are a male lol Anyhow, insha'Allah everything will go smooth and easy. Just don't give up, I mean if they passed the interview and you know you have a clean record, you will pass the AP as well. Don't stress yourself everyone, insha'Allah this will all be just a mere memory a year from now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NOT

NOT ALL men get AP because 2kool4skool they got their visa 4 days after the interview (printed). To me there is some bias things going on at the embassy. We been on AP 3 mos and no updates! What is going on?

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
NOT

NOT ALL men get AP because 2kool4skool they got their visa 4 days after the interview (printed). To me there is some bias things going on at the embassy. We been on AP 3 mos and no updates! What is going on?

Oh by the way for those of us who do have AP. Did they keep the passport? Did they give you a timeframe? They told us three months and it has been exactly that. Also, they did keep the passport.

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

Timeline

My husband's interview was on june 24th too.I attended the interview as well.Unfortunately,We are placed on AP.The officer wrote 1-3 months on the green letter.But the letter itself says about min of 6 weeks to an indefinite time period.So I dunno if the 1-3 months mean anything but I hope it gets over soon :(

The interview itself was smooth but the husband's had three trips to india to visit his grand ma and other relatives, i think that the main reason for his AP.They didnt interview us separately and I was given choice to be with him or go back to my seat while CO was conducting his interview.I decided to stay.They asked him very basic questions,did not ask for any photos,wedding details n any other documentation.

ALI ,I think we were interviewed by the same guys,the paki guy was tall,stern.The white guy was short, bald ,soft spoken.Did u wife make any call to DOS yet to get status or is it too early for it.Please keep us posted.

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline
My husband's interview was on june 24th too.I attended the interview as well.Unfortunately,We are placed on AP.The officer wrote 1-3 months on the green letter.But the letter itself says about min of 6 weeks to an indefinite time period.So I dunno if the 1-3 months mean anything but I hope it gets over soon :(

The interview itself was smooth but the husband's had three trips to india to visit his grand ma and other relatives, i think that the main reason for his AP.They didnt interview us separately and I was given choice to be with him or go back to my seat while CO was conducting his interview.I decided to stay.They asked him very basic questions,did not ask for any photos,wedding details n any other documentation.

ALI ,I think we were interviewed by the same guys,the paki guy was tall,stern.The white guy was short, bald ,soft spoken.Did u wife make any call to DOS yet to get status or is it too early for it.Please keep us posted.

Nope they didnt keep his passport,after the officer told me that he is being put on AP,I even asked him if they are keeping his passport and they said they will call and ask for it when they need it:(

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

Timeline

atk_721,

Yes you are right. We were interviewed by same CO. They did not keep my passport. You think calling DOJ will make any difference. Its not even six weeks yet. I saw another post where someone even contacted their congressman office even that did not make any difference which it used to be the last option. Lets hope and pray that all of us get over with this soon. I will really appreciate if someone receive a phone call from embassy or get the visa please post it here we all will benefit from that otherwise its like they are keepin us in dark. They should have atlease some kind of online or phone status check system.

I guess its price to pay to be Pakistani :) but Iam still proud to be Pakistani let them check whatever they want to.

NOA 1 06-03-2008

VISA IN HAND 09/05/2009

Timeline

My husband just got his interview appointment letter yesterday. On the form it says that he needs to acquire and bring with him at the invertiew the pakistan police certificate. He has already submitted the original polic certificate signed by DIG karachi with Form DS 230. Does anyone have an idea if wats going on with that..because its not easy to get police certificates in pakistan?????????????

FEISAL- my husband has the interview on the same day u r having it... AUG 21, 2009 at 8am :)

im just hoping that he wouldnt have to go through the AP!!!!

Timeline
My husband just got his interview appointment letter yesterday. On the form it says that he needs to acquire and bring with him at the invertiew the pakistan police certificate. He has already submitted the original polic certificate signed by DIG karachi with Form DS 230. Does anyone have an idea if wats going on with that..because its not easy to get police certificates in pakistan?????????????

FEISAL- my husband has the interview on the same day u r having it... AUG 21, 2009 at 8am :)

im just hoping that he wouldnt have to go through the AP!!!!

I know someone who has same situation. They sent their Police certificate to NVC. They aske to bring police certificate at the interview. Their interview is at the end of July I guess NVC people just lost it. They even called NVC but the rep said they dont have it just bring at the embassy. We have no choice but do it as they say. Well Good luck to you and Feisal.

NOA 1 06-03-2008

VISA IN HAND 09/05/2009

Timeline

MZJ, what is your husbands name i might meet him there for cup of coffee or something.

let me know

I am mentally prepared for the AP, but no AP would be good - our cases have gone through at record pace so i m happy :)

N-400 Time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.