This is what fiance received as his packet # 4:

WE HAVE AN INTERVIEW DATE!!! FINALLY!!!!! 05/28/2009 ~~~ CAN'T WAIT

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

U.S. EMBASSY SEOUL, PETITION VISA UNIT, IMMIGRANT VISAS

32 Sejong-ro, Jongro-ku, SEOUL 110-710 KOREA or

Unit 15550, APO AP 96205-5550

INTL FAX 822-397-4501, DOMESTIC FAX 02-397-4501, DSN FAX 721-4501

IMMIGRANT (IV), FIANCE, LIFE ACT VISA APPOINTMENT INFORMATION

Your immigrant visa (IV) application is ready for final processing. If you are unable to come to your appointment, or if your address changes, please inform us by fax or mail. Your case will be terminated if you miss your appointment and we have no correspondence from you for one year.

WHAT TO BRING. Each applicant, regardless of age, must apply with following documents. Although only one copy of these documents is required, you may wish to obtain duplicates in case the originals are lost or damaged.

Documents and completed forms K1/2 K3/4 CR/IR F E SB/IW DV

Passport valid for x months 6 6 8 8 8 8 8

DS-230, part 1 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

DS-230, part 2 No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

DS-156 2 2 No No No No No

Supplemental application DS-156K No No No No No No

Birth, death, adoption, marriage, divorce or family register for Korean (under 1year old) Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Medical exam and chest x-ray Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Vaccination report No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

I-864EZ/I-864/I-864A with proof of signers’ U.S. citizen or resident status; the most recent Federal income tax return filed prior to the time of the I-864 signing No No Yes Yes No No No

I-134 with proof of signer’s current, sustained income Yes Yes No No No Yes No

Front view photos 2 2 1 1 1 1 1

Police certificates Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Notarized job offer, SEO-46 from the prospective employer with evidence of it’s ongoing existence and financial bonafides No No No No Yes No No

Previous passports Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Military discharge (if available); arrest, prison, court records; U.S. immigration documents Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Education or training documents No No No No No No Yes

English translations Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

$400 in US$ or KRW equivalent No No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

$131 MRV fee receipt Yes Yes No No No No No

$375 Diversity visa processing No No No No No No Yes

Courier service receipt (placed at the Embassy) Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

VISA VALIDITY. IVs and fiance visas are generally valid for six months for a single entry into the U.S., but the immigrant visa validity is limited to the validity of the medical examination. Life Act visas are issued for multiple entries for varying validities.

YOUR APPOINTMENT. It is your responsibility to come fully prepared with all needed documents in hand. Do not bring electronic or hazardous items. You and your belongings are subject to search. With the exception of children in the IR2, CR2 and F22 categories who are the principal applicants (not applying with parent(s), and all children resident in Mongolia, children under 14 years of age do not need to appear. You will be sworn-in as to the truth of your application. Please be patient as this is the first time we see your case in its entirety. If you are found eligible for a visa at the time of your interview, your visa will be delivered by courier. DO NOT make travel arrangements, dispose of your property, give up your job or sell your business until you have your visa in hand. Please apply well in advance of your desired travel to U.S.

S/pvu/iv/seofm/Seo13 Dec2008

and~

CHECKLIST for K1/2 or K3/4 Visa Applicants

Name: Case Number: Visa Category:

Please submit this checklist with your documents in the following order on the day of your visa appointment. Incomplete, missing or incorrectly assembled documents may result in the rescheduling of your appointment to a future date. 비자서류를 아래 순서대로 정리해서 이 목록표와 함께 면접날 제출하십시오. 미비하거나 정리되지 않은 서류로 인해 면접날짜가 변경 될 수도 있습니다.

Passport valid for 6 months, 6개월이상 유효한 여권. ________

Two Front view photo, 50mm x 50mm, white background, taken within the past six months,

뒷배경이 하얀 50mm의 정사각형이며 6개월이내에 찍은 정면사진 2장 ________

DHL Ilyang or Hanjin courier delivery receipt (place at the Embassy),

택배신청서 (대사관에 비치되어 있습니다). ________

applicant keeps 1st page, 첫장은 신청자 보관.

Medical report with chest x-ray, ________

개봉 하지않은 신체검사보고서 및 흉부 엑스레이.

Visa application (Two DS-156), 비자신청서 2부. ________

Fiancé/e visa application (DS-156K), 약혼자 비자 추가 신청서. ________

Immigrant visa application (DS230 part I), 이민비자신청서 1부. ________

Birth, death, adoption, marriage, divorce certificates ________

출생, 사망, 입양, 결혼, 이혼증명서

For Korean, following new family relation register under 1 year old, 한국인은 1년 이내의 가족관계등록부.

(1) Identification certificate (기본증명서) _________

(2) Family relation certificate (가족관계증명서) _________

(3) Marriage relation certificate (혼인관계증명서) for over 18. _________

(4) Old Family Census Register (제적등본) or

Adoption relation certificate(입양관계증명서) if applicable. _________

English translations, 영문번역. _________

Korean National Police Certificate, 범죄(수사)경력자료 회보서. ________

Other country police clearances, 다른나라 신원조회서. ________

Court record of any arrests, 경찰증명서에 기록이 있는 경우 판결문. ________

English translations, 영문번역. ________

Affidavit of Support (I-134), 재정보증서 I-134. ________

Proof of current, sustained income or assets, 현재 지속되고 있는 수입증명. ________

s/pvu/iv/seofm/seo201 checklist/seo201k oct08

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

Congratulations! :thumbs:

Are you going to visit Seoul to be with your sweety for Interview ?

It's not mandatory, I think.

But it is recommended just in case. :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey moonhut! I wish i can.. but because of our long distance love ~ i have used every single SICK DAY and VACATION DAY i have ~ and in addition to that for the past year.... we have managed to see eachother every 2 months! its extremely difficult... sometimes we would fly to a different country and meet there for a weekend get away! Can you imagine the COST? In addition to the phone cards and long distance relationship... cost... i think since we are going to be together forever ~ i'm going to conserve and just start decorating our small home when he arrives ~ =) ....

I think he should be fine.. He speaks almost perfect english and he's been to the states for over 7-8 times. And he has an awesome job back in Seoul.... there shouldn't be any reason he would want to give up his life ~ if it wasn't for love!

So.... i wish i could...

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

Hey moonhut! I wish i can.. but because of our long distance love ~ i have used every single SICK DAY and VACATION DAY i have ~ and in addition to that for the past year.... we have managed to see eachother every 2 months! its extremely difficult... sometimes we would fly to a different country and meet there for a weekend get away! Can you imagine the COST? In addition to the phone cards and long distance relationship... cost... i think since we are going to be together forever ~ i'm going to conserve and just start decorating our small home when he arrives ~ =) ....

I think he should be fine.. He speaks almost perfect english and he's been to the states for over 7-8 times. And he has an awesome job back in Seoul.... there shouldn't be any reason he would want to give up his life ~ if it wasn't for love!

So.... i wish i could...

Been there, done that. ^^

Once upon a time, I used to receive KRW 100,000 gift certificate from KT even though I used DaCom for international phone calls. :whistle:

Also my darling at the time got financial aid from room-mate for phone-bill. :whistle:

We spent 4~5 hours over the phone, and I was acting as DJ such as playing music, and whispering lyrics...

I spent more than half of my earning for phone calls, and airfare. :angry:

Even I had unofficial deal with my boss for extra vacation days and I had work overtime to make up. :innocent:

Long distance relationship is so hard. :crying:

Edited by moonhunt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.