evilmonkey

Citizenship Interview Walkin

8 posts in this topic

Ok this is a super stupid question and I know I am being just anxious but

1) is it possible to do a walk in citizenship interview earlier then your scheduled interview date after you have received your interview letter?

2) Does anyone know where I can find the oath schedule for the Atlanta d.o? I have heard same day oaths are given at Atlanta d.o? is this true?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry, but you won't be able to get past the front door without an appointment letter for the day you go. Even if you could get in, the local office most likely would not even have your immigration file in hand yet.

I've been wondering the same thing about the oath schedule (for Denver), but it doesn't seem like they post that anywhere.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my interview in Fairfax va, and due to this "extra file" on my case, I had to come back for the oath ceremony later (would have done it right after the interview otherwise, but thats not always the case) The dude that did my interview stated that they would mail me my oath date, and if I could not make that date,i could mail it off requesting another date, OR just come to the office with that letter, and they MAY be able to squeeze me in then! Who knows if that would have worked out, as I just took the date that they gave me. i wouldn't hold my breathe,lol but one could try, if one had a valid reason. All they will do is say No, so you have just wasted your time, so no huge loss.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Well I have a friend who was 9 months pregnant and was due on the day of her scheduled interview. She went to talk to an Immigration officer to explain the situation and she was able to get her interview the same day and she had the Oath the same afternoon. This was in California. I am sure this was an exeption due to the circumstances !!

1) is it possible to do a walk in citizenship interview earlier then your scheduled interview date after you have received your interview letter?

2) Does anyone know where I can find the oath schedule for the Atlanta d.o? I have heard same day oaths are given at Atlanta d.o? is this true?

Thanks in advance!

i don't think this work for interview because they must have ur file ready for the exact date with a specific io...

walk in work for fingerprint,i just done mine today with no problem

Thanks in advance!

i don't think this work for interview because they must have ur file ready for the exact date with a specific io...

walk in work for fingerprint,i just done mine today with no problem

thanks for the responses everyone, I really appreciate it. Also, it would be of great help if someone knows a way to find the oath schedule at the atlanta d.o.

thanks for the responses everyone, I really appreciate it. Also, it would be of great help if someone knows a way to find the oath schedule at the atlanta d.o.

It depends.

It depends on when you get your interview of the day, and whether you passed without a problem.

Oath schedule can be found by calling to federal court house if the judge is administrating the ceremony.

In very rare case, if the oath ceremony is administrated by local USCIS district office itself, you can get the schedule from very nice interview officer by calling USCIS customer service and asking the transfer the call to the case officer, who handles your case.

Edited by moonhunt

Don't know if this helps, but here you go

http://www.gand.uscourts.gov/naturalization/

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Agency

2150 Parklake Drive, NE

Atlanta, GA 30345

Court Naturalization Schedule for 2009:

Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday, November 6, 2009

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.