bir09

CR1 Interview experience at Mumbai Consulate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi!

I am bir09's wife. Thank you very much to all Vj members for their timely advice and support which has helped us through this journey!

The following are the details of my visa interview experience at Mumbai Consulate in India

My visa Interview was on October 21st 2008 at 7:30 A.m.

6:45 A.M. Arrival at Mumbai Consulate

7:00 A.M. Lined up in the Immigrant visa applicant queue

7:15 A.M. Security Check ( They do not allow any kind of CDs, all documents need to be in see through bags which will be flipped and checked)

7:30 A.M. Done with finger printing

7:45 A.M. Called for first Interview by an Indian officer

1ST Interview

The Indian officer was extremely easy going and talked very nicely. He said I am carrying too much documents. The case is pretty straight forward and we do not need anything except you medicals and passport. I gave him both the items. He did not collect the X-ray report citing it’s not required. He immediately returned my original civil documents (except the police certificates) and a copy of my husband's tax transcripts and w2 slips. He asked me what language I would like to have my interview in Hindi English or Gujarati. He answered himself and said I think you should have it in English. He then asked me to wait in the waiting area till my name is called again.

10:45: A.M. Called for Second Interview by an American lady (She was accompanied by an another Indian Officer)

2nd Interview

The lady wished my good morning and the gentleman asked me if I would be comfortable in English. I replied yes. The lady was extremely polite and courteous to me. I was asked almost everything from VJ guide of interview question. However following are few questions that I remember:

Who is the petitioner?

Where and How did you meet?

When and where did you marry ?

Do you have any photos of the ceremony? (I showed her the pictures)

Identify your parents in law in the pictures?

Did you go for a honeymoon?

Do you have honeymoon pictures? (I showed her the pictures)

Where does he work and what position does he hold since when?

Did you work? Where?

How long he has been in the USA? How did he go to USA?

What college did he go to in USA

Where does he live in the USA? What is the time difference between your country and his?

How long he has been in the current address?

Were you or your husband married before this marriage?

What's your husband's parents' name?

Do you plan to work in the U.S and what position?

What is your educational qualification?

Who came from US for your wedding?

Does your husband have any siblings? If yes what are the names?

Congratulations your visa is approved. Your Passport will be couriered to you in a week’s time. I requested her to have my passport the same day. She said I may check up with VFS office after 5 p.m. in evening.

Visited VFS in evening at 5 p.m. and got the passport. Checked the visa stamp. Found out the error regarding the martial status. (they had printed it as single instead of married). Discussed and decided with my husband to make a visit to consulate the early next morning.

Visited the consulate office the next morning on October 22nd 2008 at 7 A.m. Had to request the CO Officer outside to allow me in for the correction. Got in at 7:15. Submitted the passport and the sealed packet. Had to wait till 10:30 a.m and was finally given the passport with new visa stamp and old one cancelled.

P.S TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE GOING FOR VISA INTERVIEW PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ONCE APPROVED AND ONCE YOU HAVE YOUR PASSPORT IN HAND YOU CHECK UP EVERY SINGLE DETAIL MENTIONED IN THE VISA STAMP. YOUR NAME, DOB, ADDRESS, PASSPORT NUM, GENDER, MARITAL STAUTS, VISA CATERGORY, VISA DATE AND VALIDITY.

Now I just hope I have a smooth POE. It will be at Newark. Please share any info/experience. if anybody has regarding the Newark immigration.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

congratulations :thumbs:

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.