Tsup2

CFO experience

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ann went for the CFO Seminar today. After the seminar she had to go across town to get the stamp for her visa at another office. At the second location she was interviewed. She was not expecting to be interviewed. She said the interviewer was hostile. She was asked why she was marrying me. The lady asked her about my 2 divorces. Then the woman told her that my middle name was incorrect and she could not issue the visa stamp because of the discrepancy. The woman insisted that my middle name was Flanagan (my mother's maiden name). Ann told her it was Brandon. The woman told her she was wrong. Fortunately, I had advised Ann to take all the documents that she had brought to her interview to the CFO seminar and she did. Ann was able to show her my original birth certifcate. The woman also wante to see the divorce decrees. Ann was the able to get her visa stamp and get out of there. Ann's embassy interview was less than 5 minutes and very friendly. Her CFO interview was ten minutes and unfriendly.

Timeline

My CFO interview was very unfriendly too. I had a friend with me and when my friend told the CFO counselor that her fiance is a divorced man, she raises her eyebrowse and asked her about the divorce papers. She even asked why she wanna marry a divorced man and how will she know that she will be happy with him and will not divorce her like his previous marriage :angry::angry::angry:

K1

06/11/07 ----------- Received GC

Ann went for the CFO Seminar today. After the seminar she had to go across town to get the stamp for her visa at another office. At the second location she was interviewed. She was not expecting to be interviewed. She said the interviewer was hostile. She was asked why she was marrying me. The lady asked her about my 2 divorces. Then the woman told her that my middle name was incorrect and she could not issue the visa stamp because of the discrepancy. The woman insisted that my middle name was Flanagan (my mother's maiden name). Ann told her it was Brandon. The woman told her she was wrong. Fortunately, I had advised Ann to take all the documents that she had brought to her interview to the CFO seminar and she did. Ann was able to show her my original birth certifcate. The woman also wante to see the divorce decrees. Ann was the able to get her visa stamp and get out of there. Ann's embassy interview was less than 5 minutes and very friendly. Her CFO interview was ten minutes and unfriendly.

The 2 most important things are that your spouse knows your middle name and the last name of your Mother.

If they get that wrong or mixed up, when first asked. Then the CFO person will get agressive as they take it the spouse

was not paying attention @ the CFO.

December 12 2006 Filed I130

Jan 10 2007 got receipt and case number!

Jan 12 2007 sent 129F

Feb 6 notice they were moving the file to a faster service center.

Feb 26 Notice of I130 approval

Feb 28 2007 notice they were sending 129F to USCIS for further investigation (err #######?)

May 15 2007 notice of approval of 129F with processing dates of 05/15/2007 thru 09/14/2007

May 28 2007 Notice from attorney that NVC needed processed and money orders were needed.

June 4 2007 Traveled to Manila to spend 2 weeks with my wife!! (YeHaaaa!!)

Fed-xed her signed papers (For NVC) from Manila to attorney from Manila while on vacation

June 18 2007 Nvc approved support.

June 29 2007 packet arrived @ my home informing of interveiw for I130 on Aug 27 2007 and explaining Medical interveiw.

(Note wife never received packet for I130 in Philippines I fed-ex'ed mine to her for medical interveiw)

July 17 2007 packet arrived for 129F setting interveiw for Sept 5 2007

August 5 2007 Wife flew to Manila for medical interveiw on August 6.

August 26 wife flew to Manila for I130 interveiw on August 27 2007.

August 27 2007 12:31 pm I130 Approved

wife arriving Nov 18th

WIFE ARRIVED Nov 18th!!!!

Website I made my wife!

http://rickrox.tripod.com/roxan1.html

Claudeth had kind of a hard time at the CFO in Cebu. She was there for about 12 hours and the people there weren't the friendiest in the world. This was two years ago so I guess it must be the same people :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

WoW... These CFOers are very harshed... ANGER MANAGEMENT!!

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wondering coz i already finished taking the seminar and i have interview also same question in what u mention here now im just going to come back for sticker, do u think they still goingto conduct an interview to me ,how many interviewed she had ?

Timeline

Ann had her interview at the place where they issue the stamp. She said everyone there was interviewed. Recommend you bring all your documents in case they ask you to verify anything.

Ann is on a plane heading for Japan, then Minneapolis and with her final destination Denver. :dance:

Edited by Tsup2

Ann had her interview at the place where they issue the stamp. She said everyone there was interviewed. Recommend you bring all your documents in case they ask you to verify anything.

Ann is on a plane heading for Japan, then Minneapolis and with her final destination Denver. :dance:

CONGRATS man!!

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hmm, my fiance had an easy time with the one on one counselor. Maybe just good luck, or the fact that I live in Hawaii. Oh well good luck to us all who went to this process.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

when i have my interview the woman is nice well i really know all the details in my husband even her parents surname and answer right away maybe its the way u answer the question , anyway i go to the CFO today , the lady is nice just asked me the documents like xerox copy of visa , original passport , CFO certificate, she asked for pictures and try to give me forms but i said i have one fill up online for me and my kids , she said ah ok very well done and prepared , she tell me to pay for the fee 400 each of us , were are 4 persons, it took only 30 mins to finish and thats its im done.

Ruchies experience in Cebu wasn't good either.... I have lost 2 wives to Cancer and they questioned her about the Death Certificates.. I felt like I was being accused of something to do with their Deaths. I ended up having to send a statement from the Hospices that took care of my dying wives stating why and how they died...... It's ashame they couldn't believe a Certified Death Certificate! Anyway, the CFO experience can be pure HELL for some of the Fiancee's .......... :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
when i have my interview the woman is nice well i really know all the details in my husband even her parents surname and answer right away maybe its the way u answer the question , anyway i go to the CFO today , the lady is nice just asked me the documents like xerox copy of visa , original passport , CFO certificate, she asked for pictures and try to give me forms but i said i have one fill up online for me and my kids , she said ah ok very well done and prepared , she tell me to pay for the fee 400 each of us , were are 4 persons, it took only 30 mins to finish and thats its im done.

Hello Irene,

So you needed to bring a xerox copy of the inside of your passport showing the visa? What photos did she want from you? Photos of you and your husband together or do you need one or more 2" x 2" photo for the CPO when you go there to get your CFO stamp/sticker?

Thanks.

hi Tsup2!!!!!! my nterview on CFO is only one. i have my hubby with me but his not allow to enter inside the hall. he wait me a very long time outside the hall. we start at 10 and finished at 1pm.mu consul is not terrror she ask me desame a lot of questions,im the only last who have my nterview some r very quickly but my nterview is very long bcoz my hubby is divorce too.

then she said that i wait my certificate then go to the other office, when we arrived there just very easy to get my stamp but u wait long bcoz theres a lots of peoples in there. mu hubby was hungry and he wait under the hall wich is waiting room. ion the first window we fall in line then the gorl ask my papers then he said then go to the other window to pay then we wait and no nterview.

i just cannot believe that they have a big changes now bcoa my CFO is last May 2007.

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

i think they're rude if they knew that your man had previous divorce. I never had such problem during my time although i think it took me 45 minutes before my name was called at the CFO (this is in Quirino south super highway) in manila.

Edited by jshaft

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03 -2011- Sent the Application for I-130 Package

October 07 -Receieved USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail

October 12 -Received Notice of Action by Mail

April 27, 2012 -Finally Petition is approved!

May 03, 2012 -Received NOA 2 in the mail

Think of it this way...

CFO is like the mother of all Filipinos... They really investigate before they let the Filipinos go to other countries..

I mean alot of Filipinos get abused abroad.. So I kinda understand where their coming from..

If your a parent you would understand this..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.