KTMguy

AR in the Philippines?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée had her interview last month and thought she was approved but her visa has not arrived now for almost 6 weeks so now im beginning to question why its taking so long and im beginning to think our case has been put on a AR. After her interview all she was told was to pay for her visa delivery and she was not told she was approved or that this case needed further review. She thought since they told her to pay for delivery of the visa that she was approved. I never questioned her about the interview so I didn’t know the details until my trip there hoping to bring her home with me. I stayed as long as I could but had to return last week and im sad to leave her behind again. So my question is do they tell you your case needs further review and if you are put on a AR do they have you still pay for your visa delivery?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Okay most cases at the embassy we are using they are told it is okay pending administrative processing or review. Some COs take the passport and have the person pay for the courrier service; but some never take the passport or courrier fees. With these cases they are given a sheet of paper called a 221(g). I would email the embassy or call DOS here in the states and inquire on the status of your case? Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Does anybody have the DSO phone number and the email address to contact for visa info at the Manila embassy. I already tired one email address and they responed back that the were not the right department with out directing me to the correct one.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

DOS call this number punch in sequence. You will need case number, dob and all of your beneficiary.

1-202-663-1225

1 enter

1 enter

4 enter

1 enter

0 enter

This will get you a live operator. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Try (632) 528-6300 Once you connect select the option that you know the extension. Try extension 5184 or 5185. I would normally call at about 8:00am Manila time and get right through. If the extension is busy just re-enter it. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

I really got to say I hate things I cant contol, that seem to take forever and leave you feeling in the dark haft the time!!!!

Well I just got off the phone with the DSO and they tell me that they send a letter yesterday to my fiancée to come back to the Embassy on April 25th. I guess this confirms that she was put on an AR but they didn’t have any info on what the letter says. What could this mean? Anybody else been through this? I’m sure we had all the documents they required. The only thing I can think of that they might question is that is she really a widow. We had a certified copy of the death certificate but it was really unclear becuase the original was in bad shape.

I guess it’s a good thing that they are asking her to come back but it would be nice to know why or what they needed that they didn’t state in the interview was lacking? I guess I will know when the letter arrives.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.