orimai

K3 CR1 Manila Interview was today

7 posts in this topic

Ahhhh where to begin. I will try to detail this out in a way that will (possibly) calm nerves that we experience prior and during the interview process.

We stayed at the Blvd Mansion which is right (caddy corner) accross Roxas Blvd from the US Embassy. Great hotel for anyone looking to stay close to the Embassy. Our K3 appointment was set for 7:30am and we left the hotel at 6:30am. It only took a few minutes to walk to the Embassy enterance which is in front of the Bayview hotel, not the larger gated enterance that we first thought was it.

At first site it appeared to be a long single line, but as we got closer the security guards were there to view our appointment letter and direct us to the correct line. It was quick and painless after showing them the letter and ID, we were inside the door for security screening within 5 minutes.

After passing security we simply followed the blue arrow on the wall that pointed to the immigrant visa unit. Once inside the security directed us and all others to the seats. Nobody had nunmbers so with our nerves the way they were, we were kind of concerned. Within a few minutes the two ladies at the receiving counter started calling people by name to come over. It moved quick and we were called within 10 minutes. They took our proof of payment, DS-156, DS-157, appointment letter and gave us a number; then we sat down again.

Now anyone that has followed our story knows we had two visa interviews. One for K3 today and one for CR1 May 30th. Mai asked the ladies at the receiving counter if we could get the CR1 but they just told us to ask the pre screeners.

The numbers were called at a good pace, not like motor vehicle back in the states. Some would be called to get finger scanned while others were called for pre screening first. In our case, we were pre screened first before the finger scan.

We had to stand up and sit down quite a few times as we were called then told to go sit down again. At first we were worried about that, but it is no big deal.

At the pre screener winder we discovered the pre screener was very friendly. I asked him right off the bat if we could just go through with our CR1 interview since our paperwork is complete and that interview was only 2 weeks from now. The pre screener was very cooperative and pleasent and asked us to take a seat while he went to get our CR1 file. About 5 minutes later he called us back to his window and said it's no problem whatsoever. From that point on all processesing was done for CR1 and not K3.

On an interesting note, the pre screener told us that if they had not received our CR1 paperwork, we could STILL PROCEED WITH THE K3. They never suggested we return to the embassy for the CR1, they were quite happy to just give it to us right then.

The pre screener told me I could not help Mai answer the questions he was about to ask. The questions the pre screener then asked are these:

Who is the petitioner?

How and when did we meet?

Whats your job?

He took our marriage certificate, birth certificate, I-864 from myself and my co sponsor, NBI Clearance and proof of relationship.

It was a bit unnerving because he was scribbling comments on a green peice of paper all the while he had us at the window and as he leafed through our paperwork. I tried to catch a peek but he kept it pretty well out of site.

He then told us to take a seat and wait for the number. This was the start of real wait and when the biggest test of nerves came to be. With every chime of the number bell, our hearts stopped beating for a moment. Some people were in the consular interview room for a while and some were in and out. It appeared everyone was happy that came out of those rooms.

Finally about 30 minutes later our number flew up on the display and we went. The CO was friendly and polite and we shared a couple jokes and laughs, even though I was freaking out inside. The CO then asked us these questions:

Have we been married before?

Do we have kids?

What was college course of study?

Whats your job?

What do you plan on doing when we get back to the US?

Whos your current employer?

Was I domiciled in the US still? (I've been in the Phils since April of 2006)

It was really pretty painless and good. He leafed through our thick packet, taking a brief moment to look at photos and all the documents.

I noticed when he was leafing through the packet that there was a pink stamp on the front that said approved. We did not notice him stamp the packet, but it was already there before we got into the interview.

When he was done leafing through the packet he looked up and said he was convinced and said it is "the real deal". He also complimented us on the quality of our supporting documents and papers, which really felt good to us. Then he said we are approved, congratulations and said to take a seat and wait to be called to releasing.

5 minutes later at most, we were already called to releasing. They put some stamps on our paperwork and gave us the delbros slip. We went to the delbros desk, paid them and left. WOW!!!!!!

All in all it was a quick and painless prodeedure. The only thing that surprised me was the interview. I had always figured it would be like a job interview; personal behind the scenes\closed doors type atmosphere being probed and grilled in more detail. Instead, it's just a simple small room with no door and people are outside of that doing there own things all the time we are interviewing behind that thick pane of glass.

So now we wait for Debros to deliver the CR1 then head back to Cebu and try to get back to the US by May 30th.

For anyone who had two interviews like us, you should have no problem getting the CR1 if you ask the pre screener about it and all your paperwork is in order.

I have no advice other than wear a smile, be confident and crack some jokes of the opportunity presents itself. It cant hurt and it helps release the tension and develop maybe even a very slight repor with the CO :)

July 23 2006 - Sent I-130 Nebraska Service Center.                March 03,2017 - Filed I-130 petition for Alien Relative (Mother) by USC Potomac Service Center

October 16 - I-130 Approved.                                                   March 24, 2017 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action

October 25 - Received I-797

October 27 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

October 30 - I-129F received at Chicago

November 1 - Received NVC Case Number

November 25 - Received Packet from NVC

November 27 - I-129F transfered to CA Service Center

November 30 - Sent DS-3032 Back to NVC

December 26 - Received Packet Requesting AOS

January 05 2007 - Received IV Fee Bill

January 15 - Sent IV Fee Bill

January 21 - NVC Receives IV Fee Bill

January 25 - NVC Sends DS-230

January 27 - Sent I-864 Packet NVC

January 30 - NVC Receives I-864's

February 2 - I-129F Approved

February 14 - I-129F Received @ NVC

February 19 - Receive DS-230 Packet

February 21 - Sent DS-230 Back

February 23 - NVC Receives DS-230

February 26 - NVC Sends I-129F to Embassy

March 2 - Embassy Receives Case

March 8 - CR1 Case Completed

March 14 - Packet 4 Sent from Embassy (K3)

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

April 3 - INTERVIEW CR1 Received! web

May 9 - St. Lukes Medical

May 16 - K3 Interview Manila, requested CR1 instead, granted.

May 18 - CR1 Approved, released to Delbros

May 22 - CR1 Visa Arrives to our hotel in Manila

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

June 15 - SSN & Green Card Arrive

March 1 2010 - N-400

July 2 2010 - Naturalization Ceremony

Congratulations on the easy interview and getting your CR-1 approval. That's really great news! :dance: :dance:

I have a question. You said you were asked by the pre-screener for the marriage certificate, birth certificate, I-864s, and NBI Clearance. Didn't you send these documents to the NVC? Should I be having my wife getting additional originals of all these documents to take to her interview? Thanks.

Gary

View pictures of my April/May trip to the Philippines

View pictures of my Sept trip to the Philippines

Gary (California, USA) filamflag.gif Fely (Zambales, Philippines)

09-11-06 Married

10-12-06 I-130 Mailed Priority

10-14-06 Delivered to CSC

10-16-06 CSC receipt date

10-18-06 NOA1 date

10-19,20,21-06 Touched

12-28,29-06 Touched and very happy about it

12-28-06 NOA2 date

01-15-07 Received at NVC & DS3032 & AOS bill sent

01-20-07 AOS fee bill received

01-30-07 eMailed DS3032 choice of agent

02-05-07 Received email approval for DS3032

02-20-07 Received I-864 package

02-23-07 Received IV fee bill

02-27-07 Paid IV fee

03-12-07 Info packet generated

03-20-07 Mailed I-864 package

03-31-07 Received info packet

04-04-07 RFE mailed by NVC

04-26-07 Mailed RFE response & DS-230 packet to NVC

04-30-07 NVC receives papers

05-10-07 Case complete

05-22-07 Case left NVC

05-24-07 Received pkt 4 in California

06-07-07 Medical Exam

06-28-07 Interview (approved)

06-24-07 - 07-16-07 Gary's trip to Philippines, and I brought Fely home

07-27-07 SSN card received

08-13-08 Green card received

07-10-09 I-751 mailed

08-15-09 Lifting of conditions approved

Congratulations on the easy interview and getting your CR-1 approval. That's really great news! :dance: :dance:

I have a question. You said you were asked by the pre-screener for the marriage certificate, birth certificate, I-864s, and NBI Clearance. Didn't you send these documents to the NVC? Should I be having my wife getting additional originals of all these documents to take to her interview? Thanks.

Gary

Yeah we actually sent in all original documents to NVC then also took originals to the interview. Even when packet 4 arrived it confirmed that. I would definately take official copies\originals printed on the NSO paper with you, even if you submited originals to NVC. I think the packet 4 instructions emphasize that too.

We actually did not receive any of that back either from the CO or releasing when we were finished. Not sure if thats normal or if it will be returned to us with the visa?

July 23 2006 - Sent I-130 Nebraska Service Center.                March 03,2017 - Filed I-130 petition for Alien Relative (Mother) by USC Potomac Service Center

October 16 - I-130 Approved.                                                   March 24, 2017 - Received I-797C, Notice of Action

October 25 - Received I-797

October 27 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

October 30 - I-129F received at Chicago

November 1 - Received NVC Case Number

November 25 - Received Packet from NVC

November 27 - I-129F transfered to CA Service Center

November 30 - Sent DS-3032 Back to NVC

December 26 - Received Packet Requesting AOS

January 05 2007 - Received IV Fee Bill

January 15 - Sent IV Fee Bill

January 21 - NVC Receives IV Fee Bill

January 25 - NVC Sends DS-230

January 27 - Sent I-864 Packet NVC

January 30 - NVC Receives I-864's

February 2 - I-129F Approved

February 14 - I-129F Received @ NVC

February 19 - Receive DS-230 Packet

February 21 - Sent DS-230 Back

February 23 - NVC Receives DS-230

February 26 - NVC Sends I-129F to Embassy

March 2 - Embassy Receives Case

March 8 - CR1 Case Completed

March 14 - Packet 4 Sent from Embassy (K3)

April 2 - Packet 4 (K3)

April 3 - INTERVIEW CR1 Received! web

May 9 - St. Lukes Medical

May 16 - K3 Interview Manila, requested CR1 instead, granted.

May 18 - CR1 Approved, released to Delbros

May 22 - CR1 Visa Arrives to our hotel in Manila

May 28 - POE Los Angeles

June 15 - SSN & Green Card Arrive

March 1 2010 - N-400

July 2 2010 - Naturalization Ceremony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gary

Yeah we actually sent in all original documents to NVC then also took originals to the interview. Even when packet 4 arrived it confirmed that. I would definately take official copies\originals printed on the NSO paper with you, even if you submited originals to NVC. I think the packet 4 instructions emphasize that too.

We actually did not receive any of that back either from the CO or releasing when we were finished. Not sure if thats normal or if it will be returned to us with the visa?

CONGRATULATIONS

• 3 weeks later...

Gary

Hi Gary,

It looks like my husband has an appointment of IR-1 in Manila the same day you do..June 28. We will probably see you there.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Gary,

It looks like my husband has an appointment of IR-1 in Manila the same day you do..June 28. We will probably see you there.

Regards,

Shannon

That's cool! I've been watching for anyone else that might have the same interview date as my wife. We'll keep our eyes open for a couple with baby and young boy.

Gary

View pictures of my April/May trip to the Philippines

View pictures of my Sept trip to the Philippines

Gary (California, USA) filamflag.gif Fely (Zambales, Philippines)

09-11-06 Married

10-12-06 I-130 Mailed Priority

10-14-06 Delivered to CSC

10-16-06 CSC receipt date

10-18-06 NOA1 date

10-19,20,21-06 Touched

12-28,29-06 Touched and very happy about it

12-28-06 NOA2 date

01-15-07 Received at NVC & DS3032 & AOS bill sent

01-20-07 AOS fee bill received

01-30-07 eMailed DS3032 choice of agent

02-05-07 Received email approval for DS3032

02-20-07 Received I-864 package

02-23-07 Received IV fee bill

02-27-07 Paid IV fee

03-12-07 Info packet generated

03-20-07 Mailed I-864 package

03-31-07 Received info packet

04-04-07 RFE mailed by NVC

04-26-07 Mailed RFE response & DS-230 packet to NVC

04-30-07 NVC receives papers

05-10-07 Case complete

05-22-07 Case left NVC

05-24-07 Received pkt 4 in California

06-07-07 Medical Exam

06-28-07 Interview (approved)

06-24-07 - 07-16-07 Gary's trip to Philippines, and I brought Fely home

07-27-07 SSN card received

08-13-08 Green card received

07-10-09 I-751 mailed

08-15-09 Lifting of conditions approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.