Joshua Kaufman

Petitioner moving from PA to CA after NOA1

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I filed my I-129F to the Vermont Service Center in March and received a NOA1 in early April. Since that time I've moved from PA to CA for work. The address I used in PA is my parents so they will still receive anything that comes.

1. How do I go about changing my address?
  2. How will this affect my case? Will it transferred from Vermont to California? (Please no)
  3. If it slows everything down a lot, should I even do it immediately? Or should I wait until I get the NOA2?

What does everyone think?

Timeline
Geez. You're welcome???? :wacko:

THANKS DEVILETTE! YOU'RE THE BEST! :dance:

:guides: or alternatively, use the search feature.

Yes, that's what everyone says around here. I actually did look (surprise, surprise!). I'm sure the answer is in there somewhere, but it's not on the guide index and it didn't give any clues as to where I should look. As for the search, well the first time around I could barely tell the ads from the search results. I thought I should clarify my question but that didn't seem to help much either.

I'm really thankful that VisaJourney exists because it's a good resource and a majority of its members are helpful. But honestly, I've seen one too many visitors told to read the guides and/or use the search feature. I'm glad that some of you have this all figured out and can navigate this site, but not all of us are that gifted. So please, before you put up your little sign, remember that this site is not the easiest to use, it could be better organized and the search has too many ads in the results. The whole visa process is already stressful enough. Please try not to make it any worse by assuming that we were too thoughtless to look for answers (or say thank you in big obvious letters).

Filed: Timeline
Geez. You're welcome???? :wacko:

THANKS DEVILETTE! YOU'RE THE BEST! :dance:

:guides: or alternatively, use the search feature.

Yes, that's what everyone says around here. I actually did look (surprise, surprise!). I'm sure the answer is in there somewhere, but it's not on the guide index and it didn't give any clues as to where I should look. As for the search, well the first time around I could barely tell the ads from the search results. I thought I should clarify my question but that didn't seem to help much either.

I'm really thankful that VisaJourney exists because it's a good resource and a majority of its members are helpful. But honestly, I've seen one too many visitors told to read the guides and/or use the search feature. I'm glad that some of you have this all figured out and can navigate this site, but not all of us are that gifted. So please, before you put up your little sign, remember that this site is not the easiest to use, it could be better organized and the search has too many ads in the results. The whole visa process is already stressful enough. Please try not to make it any worse by assuming that we were too thoughtless to look for answers (or say thank you in big obvious letters).

Wow. You have some nerve.

First off, you demanded answers to your 2 questions and did not even bother to thank me for answering #1 (easily found thru a forum search for 'change of address', BTW).

Had you bothered to read the link I posted, it would have answered question #3 of yours as well. But why read when you can just demand it be spoonfed to you?

As far as I know, everyone on here is familiar with a search feature & distinguishing ads from results, esp since results say in LARGE LETTERS what you searched for, and all have the words 'www.visajourney.com/' at the start of the actual link! There are other boards if you cannot be bothered to use the guides or familiarize yourself on here.

And you're welcome to add your helpful .02 about how to better navigate this non-easy (???) board in the Site Issues section of the board.

Edited by devilette

Timeline
First off, you demanded answers to your 2 questions and did not even bother to thank me for answering #1 (easily found thru a forum search for 'change of address', BTW).

Yeah I really made an ultimatum there didn't I? And I did say "great". That's sort of a like a mini thank you in disguise isn't it?

Had you bothered to read the link I posted, it would have answered question #3 of yours as well. But why read when you can just demand it be spoonfed to you?

Yes it did have the official answer. But isn't one of the big reasons people use this forum to get unofficial answers? I mean, what's the point of this forum if we can't ask for personal opinions? If I wanted to get the official word, I would have gone to USCIS a long time ago.

As far as I know, everyone on here is familiar with a search feature & distinguishing ads from results, esp since results say in LARGE LETTERS what you searched for, and all have the words 'www.visajourney.com/' at the start of the actual link! There are other boards if you cannot be bothered to use the guides or familiarize yourself on here.

Everyone is familiar with the search feature? That's quite a statement. Shall we take a poll? :) And I'm sorry but LARGE LETTERS and putting visajourney.com at the start of links doesn't make up for the poor design of the search results.

And you're welcome to add your helpful .02 about how to better navigate this non-easy (???) board in the Site Issues section of the board.

Thanks for pointing me to that. I'm sure I wouldn't have found that either. :)

THIS is a fine example of the helpful and friendly people at VJ!

My goodness Devilette, why do you have to be such a b!tch? It's not the first time either.

He asked questions, why not answer instead of posting links and a read the guidelines smiley? Or better still... why answer at all??? You obviously can't offer help to someone without them being expected to kiss your ####### and call you the best.

Newsflash... Everyone on here is NOT familiar with the seach facility. Everyone is NOT as au fait with the visa process as you might be, and everyone may NOT have the same level of superior knowledge that you obviously possess.

How about helping people instead of trying to make them look stupid and ungrateful for information?

Welcome to VJ Joshua Kaufman - I hope you get answers to your questions and your visa process is painless :)

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Being so esay to do now... I still suggest to do so!!!

USCIS Online Change of Address

Introduction

Customers who have an application and/or petition which has been filed with USCIS but has not yet been decided (also known as a 'pending' case) should notify USCIS of any change of address as soon as possible after moving.

The law requires nearly all non-U.S. Citizens1 to report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a Form AR-11. Abiding by these legal requirements and completing the necessary forms does not update an address on any applications or petitions pending with USCIS. Non-citizens with pending cases must do both.

Most customers can now notify USCIS to change their address on a pending case online here on our website. Non-citizens can also now complete the Form AR-11 online here on our website.

If you choose to change your address online using our Online Change of Address Notification tool, you will need to have some information available. Please have the following information available before you begin:

Your receipt notice or other notice we sent you showing your receipt number (if you have a pending case with USCIS).

Your new address

Your old address

If you have filed a petition for a family member, please have the names and biographical information for that person.

When you last entered the United States (if you cannot remember this information please fill in an approximate date)

Where you last entered the United States (through what port of entry you entered - whether by land, sea or air)

https://egov.immigration.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa <<< this is where I founf that info OFFICIAL USCIS website!

K-1 Visa - Timeline

04/06/2005 - Met @ Monte Bar

11/24/2005 - Second Trip

11/28/2005 - Got Engaged

03/09/2006 - I-129F Sent

06/23/2006 - I-129F RFE(s)

08/25/2006 - I-129F NOA2

08/29/2006 - NVC Received

09/05/2006 - NVC Left

09/12/2006 - Received by Consulate

10/06/2006 - Surprise Visit - Third Trip

10/04/2007 - Fouth Trip

11/13/2007 - GREAT NEWS... WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

01/09/2008 - Found out we had been scheduled for an interview!!!

03/10/2008 - Approved!!!

03/19/2008 - Visa Received

03/25/2008 - POE Miami

04/07/2008 - Applied for Social Security

04/19/2008 - Social Security Card Received

04/22/2008 - Applied for Marriage License

04/30/2008 - Marriage Counseling Class

05/23/2008 - Wedding Day!!!

06/13/2008 - Daughter Born!!!

06/18/2008 - AOS sent

06/23/2008 - Visa expired

09/05/2008 - RFE, Regarding Co-Sponsor [i-864]

09/25/2008 - Received AP

10/20/2008 - Documents sent

10/29/2008 - Case Touched, "Case resumed"

10/31/2008 - Case Touched

11/03/2008 - Case Touched

01/08/2009 - RFE

02/19/2009 - Documents Sent

03/12/2009 - I-765, Touched!!!

03/13/2009 - Employment Authorization Cards ON-HAND!!!

03/19/2009 - Received Interview letter for I-485!!!

05/11/2009 - Interview day... Approved, card production ordered!!!!

05/14/2009 - Welcome Letter received!!!

06/20/2009 - Green Card Received!!!

Lift Conditions on 02/11/2011

THIS is a fine example of the helpful and friendly people at VJ!

My goodness Devilette, why do you have to be such a b!tch? It's not the first time either.

He asked questions, why not answer instead of posting links and a read the guidelines smiley? Or better still... why answer at all??? You obviously can't offer help to someone without them being expected to kiss your ####### and call you the best.

Newsflash... Everyone on here is NOT familiar with the seach facility. Everyone is NOT as au fait with the visa process as you might be, and everyone may NOT have the same level of superior knowledge that you obviously possess.

How about helping people instead of trying to make them look stupid and ungrateful for information?

Welcome to VJ Joshua Kaufman - I hope you get answers to your questions and your visa process is painless :)

ooh, so name calling is the level you are on now? How mature.

Yeah I really made an ultimatum there didn't I? And I did say "great". That's sort of a like a mini thank you in disguise isn't it?

Yes it did have the official answer. But isn't one of the big reasons people use this forum to get unofficial answers? I mean, what's the point of this forum if we can't ask for personal opinions? If I wanted to get the official word, I would have gone to USCIS a long time ago.

Everyone is familiar with the search feature? That's quite a statement. Shall we take a poll? :) And I'm sorry but LARGE LETTERS and putting visajourney.com at the start of links doesn't make up for the poor design of the search results.

Thanks for pointing me to that. I'm sure I wouldn't have found that either. :)

I posted links to answers & it was not good enough for you. I posted a link to the USCIS site (with answers) & it's not good enough. If you found this site, the search feature (a google one) is one most everyone who uses THE INTERNET is familar with.

I refuse to spoonfeed. If someone cannot familiarlize themselves with this site (or the search feature on the internet) or try to make it better, by offering .02 instead of bashing it, then you have bigger issues than reading links.

Edited by devilette

OK, you cannot be serious here. An official answer about change of address is exactly that, an answer! No 'unofficial answer' needed. Most people prefer the official answer here when dealing with loved ones & the gov't.

Edited by devilette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Josh I am sorry about the way some of the replies in this thread have come off. This is NOT the type of attititude that VisaJourney should promote and I want to personally apologize.

Best wishes on your Journey ahead and do not be discouraged!

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.