ivette

Inmigrant Relative of US Citizen (Stepson)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi

I am US Resident married to US Citizen. My son is 16 years old, lives in Peru, and we want to bring him to USA. My US husband would act as the Petitioner.

I know that my husband have to fill out a I-130 form. For the specific case of my son, I think I can submit together the I-130 plus the I-485 plus the work and travel authorization.

I have these questions:

1) How long it would take from the day we send the I-130 form to USCIS up to the approval of it?

2) What is the type / name of Visa he would receive?

3) After the US Embassy in Peru issue the correspondent visa, what is the period of time that he would have to enter to USA?

4) Is it true that I can summit the I-130 plus I-485 together? And he needs to ask for work authorization and travel parole? (He wants to work in US).

Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

regards,

Ivette

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi

I am US Resident married to US Citizen. My son is 16 years old, lives in Peru, and we want to bring him to USA. My US husband would act as the Petitioner.

I know that my husband have to fill out a I-130 form. For the specific case of my son, I think I can submit together the I-130 plus the I-485 plus the work and travel authorization.

I have these questions:

1) How long it would take from the day we send the I-130 form to USCIS up to the approval of it?

3) After the US Embassy in Peru issue the correspondent visa, what is the period of time that he would have to enter to USA?

4) Is it true that I can summit the I-130 plus I-485 together? And he needs to ask for work authorization and travel parole? (He wants to work in US).

regards,

Ivette

Your husband submits the I-130 petition for your son who would eventually be issued a CR2 or IR2 visa depending on whether you and your husband have your second wedding anniversary before or after the visa is issued. Your son would then arrive qualified for a green card and able to work immediately. There is no need to adjust his status. He comes as a legal resident from day one.

I would think in terms of one year from petition filing to visa issuance.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi

I have these questions:

regards,

Ivette

Your husband submits the I-130 petition for your son who would eventually be issued a CR2 or IR2 visa depending on whether you and your husband have your second wedding anniversary before or after the visa is issued. Your son would then arrive qualified for a green card and able to work immediately. There is no need to adjust his status. He comes as a legal resident from day one.

Thank you very much for your answer. I got married in USA on July 2006, and my son wants to be in USA around January 2008, so I guess this is the IR2 visa right? This is case is not a K4 visa type right?

Timeline
Hi

I have these questions:

regards,

Ivette

Thank you very much for your answer. I got married in USA on July 2006, and my son wants to be in USA around January 2008, so I guess this is the IR2 visa right? This is case is not a K4 visa type right?

Well, I'm doing the arithmetic and lets see, 12X2 is 24 months. July 2006 to January 2008 is 18 months so you will not have been married two years on the timetable you describe above. This would result in the issue of a CR1, not IR1 if the process is successful. This just means a two year green card instead of a 10 year card. You'll need to file for removal of conditions (That's the "C" in CR1.) 90 days before expiration.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Shouldn't this be in the 'bringing family members of LPRs' forum? :D

This family member is both the stepson of a USC and son of an LPR. Since the more prudent process is for the child to come as a USC immediate relative, I think, no. This is as good a place as any. CR2 or IR2 fits with the IR1/CR1 forum quite well. :yes:

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.