andrew va thuy

Packet 3, Packet 4 defined ?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

While I have not even got an NOA2, I have been trying to understand what exactly is :

packet 3

and

packet 4

Do packet 3 & 4 get mailed to my fiance ( HCMC ) ?

In what packet contains the additional evidence for an ongoing relationship ?

Is there a form that accompanies that request / How is that request made ?

Thanks !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Packet 3 is the instruction packet sent from the consulate to the benificiary, contains instructions and forms to fill out and return, typically DS-2001, and DS-230 they get filled out and returned

Packet 4 is the invitation package and is sent to the benificiary after they receive back the forms from packet 3. Packet 4 typically has instructions and interview date. and more forms to fill out and bring to the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello All! I am back "in the game" after a whole lot of work travel and document mining from my ex-wife. Question about the Packet 3. And I SHOULD know already. Do I send along a copy of the entire 129-F for Linh to submit along with the requested documents? Or does she bring all that to the interview?

I am assuming she submits the copy of the entire package submitted to Vermont (in my case) as well as updated letters, Affidavit of Support, etc. requested in the Packet 3 letter.

Sorry for the silly post. But I am really fried after essentially 2 months on the road for work.

Thanks!!!

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Anh Map,

Welcome back! It is NOT a silly question, I'm glad that you asked. My experience: I sent an EXACT copy of what Isent to VSC and more. Just look at the list of item in Pack3 and Pack4. Preparing your final "package" to send to her with EVERYTHING and extra evidence including mails/postcards/shipping labels from HER to you here in the US.

Bring "ALL" to the interview: it depends! I would prioritize my evidence and support document for I can not show 1500 digital photos and 200 printed pictures from our trips and visits as well as hours and pages of phone bills and chat log, also over 100 handwriten letters and postcards through out the relationship WITHIN 5-10 MINUTES OF THE INTERVIEW with the C.O. See my point here? :D So, you will need to help her to organize the "evidence and support document" to BEST represent and telling your LOVE story to the Consulate Officer who will only have 5-10 minutes to confirm or deny his "prejudged decision" of your case when he meets with your wife.

Just hand in there for now, when she gets the P3 and P4, come back for more question and we'll walk you guys through!

In short for your question: Yes, send her EVERYTHING and more!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Hi Anh map!

I wondered why I hadn't seen any posts from you. Glad to hear things are progressing.

Yes. I would send a complete photocopy of the I-129F petition that you sent in to your service center. However, she will take this to the interview, not submit it with packet 3. All the packets, 3 & 4, are pretty specific in their instructions in regards to what to return at what time, etc. Packet 3 is pretty simple because you are essentially just letting the US Consulate in HCMC know that you've gathered the required docments and are prepared for them to schedule you an interview date.

She won't go into the interview and just submit all of her evidence. This is where you'll need to guide her in her preparation for the interview. In my opinion, what worked for us and seemed to be an efficient way, was to divide our evidence into primary and secondary piles. The primary pile included handwritten cards/letters from my family to my wife, select emails, our house rental contract, photos and other items that were solid, primary evidence of our relationship. We then prioritized that primary pile of evidence by putting what we determined as very important on top and working our way down to the bottom of the pile.

Keep in mind that everything in regards to photos, emails, chats or anything that could be date organized, was put in chronological order with the most recent first and working back. On the photos, we had around 200, they were date organized and then rubberbanded by month.

Our secondary pile of evidence included the remainder (i.e. rest of the chats, emails, blog, etc.) that could be used as backup should the primary pile not be convincing enough. These were also categorized (i.e. emails, photos, phone records) and date organized in chronological order.

We put the evidence - primary and secondary - in two separate folders.

Also keep in mind that there is a specific list of items in packet 4 that will be collected by the US Consulate staff. We kept those separate in another folder.

I'm trying to remember all of this now and I hope my vague recollection will help you a little. Like chuckandkim said, get packet 3 out of the way, gather all of those documents requested and then when packet 4 arrives, we'll blitz you with more of this interview prep info!

Enjoy your time back at home and off the business traveling road.

Best of luck to you both!

STL_HCMC

Hello All! I am back "in the game" after a whole lot of work travel and document mining from my ex-wife. Question about the Packet 3. And I SHOULD know already. Do I send along a copy of the entire 129-F for Linh to submit along with the requested documents? Or does she bring all that to the interview?

I am assuming she submits the copy of the entire package submitted to Vermont (in my case) as well as updated letters, Affidavit of Support, etc. requested in the Packet 3 letter.

Sorry for the silly post. But I am really fried after essentially 2 months on the road for work.

Thanks!!!

Edited by STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Dear all VN VJs,

We got all necessary documents on hand when received package 3, but all we do is copy what they request, fill the form ds-230 and did not send copy of supporting documents for I-134 : w2, employee letter... as well as papers of our relationship. Did we do correctly?

Thanks

Timeline
Hi Anh map!

I wondered why I hadn't seen any posts from you. Glad to hear things are progressing.

Yes. I would send a complete photocopy of the I-129F petition that you sent in to your service center. However, she will take this to the interview, not submit it with packet 3. All the packets, 3 & 4, are pretty specific in their instructions in regards to what to return at what time, etc. Packet 3 is pretty simple because you are essentially just letting the US Consulate in HCMC know that you've gathered the required docments and are prepared for them to schedule you an interview date.

She won't go into the interview and just submit all of her evidence. This is where you'll need to guide her in her preparation for the interview. In my opinion, what worked for us and seemed to be an efficient way, was to divide our evidence into primary and secondary piles. The primary pile included handwritten cards/letters from my family to my wife, select emails, our house rental contract, photos and other items that were solid, primary evidence of our relationship. We then prioritized that primary pile of evidence by putting what we determined as very important on top and working our way down to the bottom of the pile.

Keep in mind that everything in regards to photos, emails, chats or anything that could be date organized, was put in chronological order with the most recent first and working back. On the photos, we had around 200, they were date organized and then rubberbanded by month.

Our secondary pile of evidence included the remainder (i.e. rest of the chats, emails, blog, etc.) that could be used as backup should the primary pile not be convincing enough. These were also categorized (i.e. emails, photos, phone records) and date organized in chronological order.

We put the evidence - primary and secondary - in two separate folders.

Also keep in mind that there is a specific list of items in packet 4 that will be collected by the US Consulate staff. We kept those separate in another folder.

I'm trying to remember all of this now and I hope my vague recollection will help you a little. Like chuckandkim said, get packet 3 out of the way, gather all of those documents requested and then when packet 4 arrives, we'll blitz you with more of this interview prep info!

Enjoy your time back at home and off the business traveling road.

Best of luck to you both!

STL_HCMC

Thanks!!!

Your fiance / wife only needs to submit 2 forms for packet 3. I just did it on the last month. Now I'm organizing for my evidence and wait for the interview schedule. I asked the staff at the Information desk, she said it's 2 to 4 months from the date I submitted Packet 3, then I will have the interview schedule.

It's really crowded on the apposite site of US Consulate at HCMC. It seems that a lot of people came there just for the visa process. There are so many brokers and etc... It's really complicated area.

Timeline

Anh Map: STL_HCMC has put it very clear, he just finished his Journey :) It's tough to recall every little detail on P3 and P4 phase but STL_HCMC is correct. Good advice on the "primary and secondary".

Kimi: P3, all you have to do was to sign and return what they requested. So If you did what they asked, you're good to go!

David-Hien: I must agree with you, the opposite side of the consulate is the madhouse of thief and cons. Rooting ground for scam and pickpocketers. WATCH OUT people! None of these clowns know or have any, and I mean ANY influence on the Consulate decision to approve your Visa, they also do not have that latest information (VJ does), or how to handle it! This process is entirely relies upon the USC and dealing with the US Govt here and at the Consulate. Final decision is up to the US Consulate. I would NOT trust any vietnamese lawyer from Vietnam to handle or fill out my file either, EVER IOM could not be trusted 100% to handle the complexity of your case and the mount of evidence you need to organize to best present your case during the interview. Ask "Mike and Huong", they'll tell you horror story about IOM. Anyway... just watch out for the clowns accross the consulate... good place for B/S while waiting for your fiance to come out from the interview :)

love

chuck and kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

OK, once again thanks to all. A HUGE stress relief to talk with everyone here.

For packet 3, just what is requested (DS-230 Part 1 and the Notification of Applicant Readiness) nothing from before. ONLY SUBMIT THESE TWO THINGS?

I have copies of all the previous submissions, RFE's, recent communication, photos from our Dam Hoi that occurred after submitting the 129F, etc. for her to take to the interview. Correct?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

For packet 3, just what is requested (DS-230 Part 1 and the Notification of Applicant Readiness) nothing from before. ONLY SUBMIT THESE TWO THINGS?

I have copies of all the previous submissions, RFE's, recent communication, photos from our Dam Hoi that occurred after submitting the 129F, etc. for her to take to the interview. Correct?

Hi Anh Map, I have asked the same question but the info says pretty clearly NO OTHER DATA. hard to say, you'd wonder if some case workers would not knock off points if the applicants cannot follow simple directions... But maybe people have created an unwritten rule and expectation to send copies in advance. I know also its near Tax time so my I-134 attachements may need a revisit. I looked at the forum for consulates and at least some other consulates seem to be adhering to the bring tthe rest of the documents to the interview. I am just surprised they have a chance to really look at the I-134 in 5 minutes - plus other docs. Especially if they have already made their preliminary decision. Maybe they pull directly from the IRS during the packet 3 to 4 mode -and bringing our tax records is just an exercise in compliance.

Timeline

Hi Anh map,

Yes. She will submit the DS-230 Part I and the Notification of Applicant Readiness.

Yes. All of the copies of previous submissions, RFE's, communication, continued relationship evidence, etc., she'll take with her to the interview.

Has she started the process of collecting the items (i.e. passport, birth certificates, police certificate, photographs, etc.) listed in packet 3 to present at the interview? Best to jump on those ASAP. Sometimes the police certificate can take a couple of weeks in processing, and you never know when packet 4 might arrive.

Good luck!

STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline

yes, she has all the documents. I'll be going over in January and bringing even more stuff for her. We will review and organize everything so she has it ready to go for the interview.

Any other advice to help us prepare?

:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.