minha_raposa

Driving Me Fricking Crazy...

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We sent my wifes application for AP off on July 19, 2005. On September 27 we received this notice:

Application Type: I131 , APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On September 26, 2005, an approval notice

was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this

notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your

address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

********************************************************************************

We never got the document so I called after 30 days and was told to wait 30 more days...then We got this:

Current Status:

On November 4, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or

registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

********************************************************************************

Again never got it. I called AGAIN and was told to wait 30 more days...finally, instead of the AP we got an RFE because they "lost" the pictures. We sent the new pics and got this one:

Current Status:

On November 18, 2005, we received your response to our request for

evidence or information. It is taking between 30 and 60 days for us to

process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was

complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated

in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Being the patient person I am I waited and finally this:

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On January 24, 2006, an approval notice

was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice,

you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,

please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Never got it so Again I called and was told to wait 30 more days, and then this:

Current Status:

On February 16, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or

registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom

issued.

As of today, we have not received a damn thing! To top it off, the local service center is now processing AOS from the second week in August...three weeks after receiving our application! No contact. No biometrics. Nothing!

Now we moved in November and I immediately called to change our address and also sent the AR 11. However, when I call to verify that the address has been changed the stupid ### people are unable to "provide any information regarding personal information on any case". They can only verify the same junk ### info that I can get on the website and tell me to wait 30 more days!

Seems that AP is useless at this point and we basically GAVE those MORONS free money for nothing.

Any idea how I can make sure they have our correct address so our AOS does not get dismissed due to their incompetence?

What a f*cking joke!

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Have you tried making an infopass appointment and going in person to your local district office yet? They should be able to give you a more informative answer than the people on the 800 number -- hopefully actually be able to verify what address they have for you, where your file is, etc.

Or you can contact one of your congressional representatives.

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would make an infopass appointment, and head off to the appointment armed with every single piece of correspondence. Maybe emergency AP would be issued? Make that appointment today.

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

Timeline
Have you tried making an infopass appointment and going in person to your local district office yet? They should be able to give you a more informative answer than the people on the 800 number -- hopefully actually be able to verify what address they have for you, where your file is, etc.

Or you can contact one of your congressional representatives.

Yeah, infopass is not available for New Mexico...if this drags on I may need to contact my representative; however, I don't want to piss these idots off with AOS still pending. It just irritates me to no end that I paid the Three Stooges to provide a very important service for...these folks are as useless as man titties! Thanks for your sugestion. the Representative my be my only option other than a walk in and wait 10 hours at the local office.

Timeline

infopass is not available for New Mexico...

Well...the last time I tried to make an Infopass appointment it was not available;however, I just checked and lo and behold I got one! You folks are awesome! Thanks again.

Mike

Edited by minha_raposa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.