Danny&Adri

Strange Medical Exam Question/Form

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Over the last couple of days, my fiancée and her son got all their vaccines updates. (Their poor arms.)

Today, they had their medical exam for the interview at the embassy in Bogotá in two weeks. After the medical exam, the doctor mentioned that all was good and there were no issues. But then he had my fiancée sign a form that raised questions for us.

I did not see it, but from my understanding it had several check boxes about:

• vaccines completed
  • vaccines not completed with waivers
  • vaccines not completed with no waivers

He had checked her form with "vaccines not completed with no waivers". She questioned him on this. He insisted that it was proper but gave little explaination. (He had a 'take it or leave it' attitude.) It is confusing because my fiancée and her son brought in their forms showing that they had their vaccines up to date.

Has anyone seen this form when they went to their medical exam? If so, what information can you give me about the form. I'm a little concerned that [a] the embassy might think the vaccines are not in order, or when my fiancée and her son arrive here, future medical exams might want them to get vaccinated again.

Thanks for your help.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

~=~................. .................................................~=~

~=~.... pushpin.gif All is going very well !.......................... ~=~

~=~...................................................................~=~

3dflags_col0001-0003a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_usasc01-0003a.gif

Timeline

May I ask which doctor office she visited in Bogota for the exam ? If this doctor is not very user friendly we may seek another.

US1.GIFCOL.GIF

04-19-06 Sent I-129F

04-24-06 I-129F received at CSC

04-27-06 Received NOA1

07-03-06 Received RFE from CSC

07-03-06 Returned RFE to CSC

07-08-06 RFE received at CSC

07-31-06 Touched

08-05-06 Received second RFE from CSC

08-05-06 Returned RFE to CSC

08-07-06 Touched

08-09-06 RFE received at CSC

08-14-06 Touched

08-15-06 E-mail from CSC stating RFE received

08-16-06 Touched

08-18-06 NOA2 APPROVED- I-129F sent to NVC

08-19-06 Touched

08-25-06 NVC Received I-129F

09-01-06 NVC sent I-129F to embassy

09-05-06 Received at embassy

09-11-06 Packet 3 sent from embassy

10-06-06 Received Packet 3. Long delay in receiving the packet was due to postal miscue

10-06-06 Returned Packet 3

10-09-06 Received at embassy

10-31-06 Received Packet 4

11-14-06 Interview date

11-18-06 Travel to the States

Filed: Timeline

Danny&Adri,

Sounds like form DS-3025.

Have your fiancee bring her vaccination records with her to the USA and schedule an appointment with a Civil Surgeon in your area to have an I-693 Vaccination Supplement form completed.

Yodrak

Over the last couple of days, my fiancée and her son got all their vaccines updates. (Their poor arms.)

Today, they had their medical exam for the interview at the embassy in Bogotá in two weeks. After the medical exam, the doctor mentioned that all was good and there were no issues. But then he had my fiancée sign a form that raised questions for us.

• vaccines completed

He had checked her form with "vaccines not completed with no waivers". She questioned him on this. He insisted that it was proper but gave little explaination. (He had a 'take it or leave it' attitude.) It is confusing because my fiancée and her son brought in their forms showing that they had their vaccines up to date.

Has anyone seen this form when they went to their medical exam? If so, what information can you give me about the form. I'm a little concerned that [a] the embassy might think the vaccines are not in order, or when my fiancée and her son arrive here, future medical exams might want them to get vaccinated again.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline
Sounds like form DS-3025.
I check out that form and noted the e-mail comments that my finacee sent and I think you are right. After reviewing and talking it over, I believe we do not have an issue.

Apparently the box that was checked was "Applicant may be eligable for blanet waiver because vaccinations not medically appropriate". In other words, some of the vaccinations on the spreadsheet are not needed because of her age, or her son's age, or other medical factors. Basically, they are saying "here's a blanket waiver to skip these items."

May I ask which doctor office she visited in Bogota for the exam ? If this doctor is not very user friendly we may seek another.
I think one of the frustrating thing was that the doctor did not want to explain this form. He was "either sign it and move on, or just move on." His name was Jairo Roa and my fiancee suggested y'all avoid him if possible. She also wanted to remind you that you need to sign the DS156 in front of the doctor, you will need your vaccination card and (according to Jairo Roa's nurse) you have to have six pictures for them.

I'll update you after our next experience, the interview on 9/28.

(We'll actually our next "experience" will be smooching on 9/26 when I see her again... but I ain't updating y'all on that. :blush: )

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
She also wanted to remind you that you need to sign the DS156 in front of the doctor, you will need your vaccination card and (according to Jairo Roa's nurse) you have to have six pictures for them.

She 'needed' to ssign the DS-156 form in front of the doctor? Why? That form doesn't have anything to do with medical stuff.... ???

So the nurse said they need 6 photos just for the medical exams? Did your finacee have all 6 with her already or did she have to come back?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

• vaccines completed

Thanks for your help.

i came to the US with a k1 visa and in my medical in the philippines,i was asked if i want my vaccine be done there or in the US (k1 visa holders can have her vaccine done here).The hospital or clinic where she had her medical will give her the vaccination sheet that she needs to bring to the US,before filling for AOS you have to visit surgeons to have your vaccine completed...so basically,vaccine done or not in her country,she can always have it here later...

Timeline
She 'needed' to ssign the DS-156 form in front of the doctor? Why? That form doesn't have anything to do with medical stuff.... ???

So the nurse said they need 6 photos just for the medical exams? Did your finacee have all 6 with her already or did she have to come back?

I'm not sure why. When she made her appointment, the nurse told her about the form and about the photos. My personal opinion is this doctor's office either did not understand these forms and processes, or they perhaps they could not explain them fully.

I can sympathize with someone not understanding US Government forms and processes, however, the curt attitude from this office was not appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yeah, I believe it's 'cus she prolly didn't take some vaccines due to age or need a second or third short in some vaccines.

Mine was probably the same.

Besides, it's perfectly normal to sign the medical exam agreeing that the doctor didn't put down information against what you said and know to be true.

I didn't read mine all the way through but in my vaccination sheet he marked the ones I'm not age appropriate and the ones I still needs shots for.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I was reading you thread on the bogota vaccines, I had my exam result tody and I have "Applicant may be eligable for blanet waiver because vaccinations not medically appropriate". Im so cobncerned I dont know what this means, I have my interview tomorrow, and I was suposed to have all my vaciness taken already.... Is this ok?

THANKS!

Timeline

I would have all the vaccinations done in Bogota if possible to all readers. The cost in the US is much, much higher! There is also a very limited number of doctors approved for this in the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.