robleftca

passed medical now interview but might be problem

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok guys she passed the medical exam yesterday. She has interview set on tuesday. The problem is has anyone not had everything?

She doesn't have here Taiwian police report. she wont' get it for another few days to weeks.

also has anyone heard the clinic taking the passport and forwarding ti to embasy?

How can she get in cause i heard you need passport to get in?

thanks

robert

june 11th sent AOS paper work

june 24th got the three letters

july 14th finger prints done

Ok guys she passed the medical exam yesterday. She has interview set on tuesday. The problem is has anyone not had everything?

She doesn't have here Taiwian police report. she wont' get it for another few days to weeks.

also has anyone heard the clinic taking the passport and forwarding ti to embasy?

thanks

robert

It's normal for slec to take the passport. What she need is a valid ID for her to get in. I had my school I'd back then. As for the police clearance it's all up to CO. Hoping they will overlook on it. Good luck!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

She will gain admittance to the US Embassy MNL by showing her Appointment Letter to the guards outside the building. Its normal for St Lukes to retain the passport and forward it to the Embassy along with the medical results. St Lukes will give it back if you tell them you need it for travel, etc.

She will need that Police Clearance from Taiwan before she gets a visa. Wouldn't it be better to wait until she has all her documents before wasting time and money attending the interview?

Lets say the interview appears to have went well pending the missing documents. When those documents arrive, she will have to return to the USEM and submit them and go back home and wait. Then another waiting game will be played behind the scenes while they match x documents with x file, then give the file back to the CO who will review it at his ultimate leisure, and eventually, if no further questions, they will release her visa, or call her back again for a 2nd interview.

There is no way to track that internal process or have anyone tell you what is going on. Been there done that.

Having everything complete for the interview will save the extra weeks, maybe months in administrative review until it all gets put back together and rubber stamped.

I would strongly advise calling to reschedule the interview for a date when you know that she will have everything intact. Because at the completion of that interview you will have a better indication of the results. If she goes next week sans documents, we both know what will happen, and hanging in limbo at this point in the process is stressful at the least.

Best to you,

NM

Timeline
She will gain admittance to the US Embassy MNL by showing her Appointment Letter to the guards outside the building. Its normal for St Lukes to retain the passport and forward it to the Embassy along with the medical results. St Lukes will give it back if you tell them you need it for travel, etc.

She will need that Police Clearance from Taiwan before she gets a visa. Wouldn't it be better to wait until she has all her documents before wasting time and money attending the interview?

Lets say the interview appears to have went well pending the missing documents. When those documents arrive, she will have to return to the USEM and submit them and go back home and wait. Then another waiting game will be played behind the scenes while they match x documents with x file, then give the file back to the CO who will review it at his ultimate leisure, and eventually, if no further questions, they will release her visa, or call her back again for a 2nd interview.

There is no way to track that internal process or have anyone tell you what is going on. Been there done that.

Having everything complete for the interview will save the extra weeks, maybe months in administrative review until it all gets put back together and rubber stamped.

I would strongly advise calling to reschedule the interview for a date when you know that she will have everything intact. Because at the completion of that interview you will have a better indication of the results. If she goes next week sans documents, we both know what will happen, and hanging in limbo at this point in the process is stressful at the least.

Best to you,

NM

couldn't she get what I read a white slip. where all she needs is the paper since she has everything? it just depends on the CO right? i mean some have had good ones some had bad ones.

She is going to go in and say she needs her passport. Her sister can get it for her in Taiwain but she needs her passport.

because of it it :-(

Yes it is stressfull but isn't this whole process stress full lol .

thanks

robert

oops, wouldn't taiwan be ok with a photocpy of her passport (assuming she has one)? if not, she should go back to SLEC and explain why she needs to retrieve her passport to get her police cert. SLEC usually takes several days to submit them to USEM. she might need to put her request in writing too.

if that doesn't work, she'll be better just to attend the interview and towards the discovery of that one requirement lacking, explain to the CO that she'll need to get the passport first to get the police cert.

as far as getting into the embassy, the appointment letter (even a photocopy) and a valid ID is required

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I think the passport question is:

If SLMEC collects her passport then how will she enter the USEM as she needs it to get in?

If I understand your question then the answer is:

She needs proof of the interview appointment (i.e. print-out of appointment e-mail/letter) and government issued photo ID to enter the USEM.

It seems the Postal ID has fallen out of favor with most official Philippine agencies so I wouldn't rely on that at the USEM either. I've heard someone used a School ID (no better description than that) but I don't know how much I'd rely on something issued by a school.

My wife recently got a NBI ID Card and plans to use that on her interview on Nov 18th.

I would think SSS ID, Voter registration ID or Philippine Driver's License would work also.

My friend had her interview without the police clearance. After the interview she was given a whiteslip because of it. When she received the Police Clearance, she went back to USEM to submit the police clearance and her passport at the same time. She submitted it personally because she wanted to make sure that it gets there. A week after, she received her visa.

With regards to the passport. After her medical, she told Saint Luke that she can't submit her passport because she needs it for the police clearance. Saint Luke only asked for photocopies of her passport pages.

thanks

robert

Edited by Mike's Lucy

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Timeline
My friend had her interview without the police clearance. After the interview she was given a whiteslip because of it. When she received the Police Clearance, she went back to USEM to submit the police clearance and her passport at the same time. She submitted it personally because she wanted to make sure that it gets there. A week after, she received her visa.

With regards to the passport. After her medical, she told Saint Luke that she can't submit her passport because she needs it for the police clearance. Saint Luke only asked for photocopies of her passport pages.

thanks

robert

She can get in the embassy with birth cert and appointment letter, as for the other situation about not getting the police clearance in time, Stan in this thread would most likely want to swap appointment dates with you but i dont know if it has ever been done. If it were me i would give a try http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=227096

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our case has been in the USEM for almost 3 months now, but we still haven't scheduled my interview because I still don't have my police clearance. We were planning to just go on with the interview even without my clearance but then, we ran out of time because our case will expire on the 22nd of this month. We'll just send an e-mail to the embassy to extend the validity of our case for another four months, because I've learned that embassies do that.

It depends upon you though, if you want to go on with the interview even without her clearance, but then, she will get a white slip. But the good thing about that is, she will be done with almost everything. You should talk to your girl about that. Good luck :)

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Timeline
Our case has been in the USEM for almost 3 months now, but we still haven't scheduled my interview because I still don't have my police clearance. We were planning to just go on with the interview even without my clearance but then, we ran out of time because our case will expire on the 22nd of this month. We'll just send an e-mail to the embassy to extend the validity of our case for another four months, because I've learned that embassies do that.

It depends upon you though, if you want to go on with the interview even without her clearance, but then, she will get a white slip. But the good thing about that is, she will be done with almost everything. You should talk to your girl about that. Good luck :)

i think that is what she is going to do. She is going to just go and hopefully they can give her back her visa or atleast make a copy of it so she can send a copy to her sister. I think the white slip is going to be quicker then waiting for a nother interview date. That could take a while to get as it looks like they are mid dec and she hopes to get here for xmas. Taht is our goal.

Timeline

i think that is what she is going to do. She is going to just go and hopefully they can give her back her visa or atleast make a copy of it so she can send a copy to her sister. I think the white slip is going to be quicker then waiting for a nother interview date. That could take a while to get as it looks like they are mid dec and she hopes to get here for xmas. Taht is our goal.

It's frustrating to get the white slip and wait days, weeks, or even months with no way to track what is going on. Our interview was Sept. 25, submitted the document on the 30th.......still no visa. Personally, I would go with all the documents.

Timeline

It's frustrating to get the white slip and wait days, weeks, or even months with no way to track what is going on. Our interview was Sept. 25, submitted the document on the 30th.......still no visa. Personally, I would go with all the documents.

what documents were you missing? if i may ask?

Timeline
2 pages of a divorce decree.

Well hopefully you find out soon. Ours will be a different paper so hopefuly we won't have same problem

I totally agree with all the below

Best to you,

NM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.