isitasham

Fiancee Visa Petition Denied and being returned

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Yesterday, the US consulate New Delhi returned the passport of my Fiancee without issuing the visa -- stating that the documents we had submited do not establish the relation ship between us. Also, they have stated that the original petition (valid for 4 months) has now expired. I had emailed the consulate several times to extend the validity of the original petition and had talked to a lady on the phone who told me not to worry about it.

Please advice me what should I do -- they are sending my case back to the USCIS.

I am traveling to Delhi next week.

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Yesterday, the US consulate New Delhi returned the passport of my Fiancee without issuing the visa -- stating that the documents we had submited do not establish the relation ship between us. Also, they have stated that the original petition (valid for 4 months) has now expired. I had emailed the consulate several times to extend the validity of the original petition and had talked to a lady on the phone who told me not to worry about it.

Please advice me what should I do -- they are sending my case back to the USCIS.

Thank you!

unfortunate....... delhi does this a lot....u might want to contact catnip (vjer) she is in delhi right now their case was also denied and returned to the usa however they received a second noa2 on the same petition without filing again.......he was approved on the second interview and is now going thru AP.....she was there for the second interview i dont know if that made a difference or not

you could try calling the embassy and trying to get them to hold off on returning the petition to the usa explaining that u will be there next week and maybe work out what ever the problem was that made them think u had not established a relationship with what u provided for the interview

good luck

sara

Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

What did you submit that was not good enough to establish evidence? Usually, pictures say a thousand words especially taken with family.

Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

What did you submit that was not good enough to establish evidence? Usually, pictures say a thousand words especially taken with family.

Hi,

We had submited a lot of pictures -- they were all for the engagement ceremony as we didn't get much time to spend and take pictures otherwise. They had asked for sworn statements from her mother and list of guests other than the immediate family. We provided them with sworn affidavits of friends who were not present at the engagement. The engagement was a small family affair as its the second marriage for both of us. We also provided a statement from the priest/pundit that he performed the engagement ceremony.

Its rather strange how they wouldn't find this as enough evidence.

Any suggestions any one?

Thanks.

Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

Hi,

We had submited a lot of pictures -- they were all for the engagement ceremony as we didn't get much time to spend and take pictures otherwise. They had asked for sworn statements from her mother and list of guests other than the immediate family. We provided them with sworn affidavits of friends who were not present at the engagement. The engagement was a small family affair as its the second marriage for both of us. We also provided a statement from the priest/pundit that he performed the engagement ceremony.

Any suggestions any one?

Thanks.

This is strange. I got an affidavit from my fiances mother and father stating that they know about our engagement, but that was submitted with my initial filing. But, your evidence is more then suffice. Why are they giving you such a hard time?

I am a bit confused. Were you initially placed in AP at the interview because of not providing evidence at the time. Then once you submitted this they did not seem to think it was suffice. It is really unfair for them to just outright deny like that.

Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

Hi,

Any suggestions any one?

Thanks.

This is strange. I got an affidavit from my fiances mother and father stating that they know about our engagement, but that was submitted with my initial filing. But, your evidence is more then suffice. Why are they giving you such a hard time?

I am a bit confused. Were you initially placed in AP at the interview because of not providing evidence at the time. Then once you submitted this they did not seem to think it was suffice. It is really unfair for them to just outright deny like that.

The pictures and airline ticket was submited with the original application. Then we were placed in AP after the interview - where they had asked for additional evidence - thats when we submited the pictures again along with affidavits and mothers statement and priests statement. We were in AP for over 135 days.

Timeline

They had asked for sworn statements from her mother and list of guests other than the immediate family. We provided them with sworn affidavits of friends who were not present at the engagement

did you provide them with the statement from her mother, and the list of guest that were not from the immediate family as they requested?

sorry just trying to help u figure this out

sara

Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

Hi,

Any suggestions any one?

Thanks.

The pictures and airline ticket was submited with the original application. Then we were placed in AP after the interview - where they had asked for additional evidence - thats when we submited the pictures again along with affidavits and mothers statement and priests statement. We were in AP for over 135 days.

This is insane :angry: . What else do they want then? Engagment ceremony pictures say a lot. Some attorney had adviced me to get a local newspaper to announce our engagment in the paper. He said that is the best evidence of all and you can't go wrong with that. I don't think I will be needing that, but maybe you can try that out. I am pretty sure after seeing that they could change their mind.

Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

Hi,

Any suggestions any one?

Thanks.

This is insane :angry: . What else do they want then? Engagment ceremony pictures say a lot. Some attorney had adviced me to get a local newspaper to announce our engagment in the paper. He said that is the best evidence of all and you can't go wrong with that. I don't think I will be needing that, but maybe you can try that out. I am pretty sure after seeing that they could change their mind.

when dealing with delhi embassy u have to try to think of anything and everything that can go wrong some have even reported that delhi wanted certified copies of the usa persons passport........

another vjer was refused because they demanded pics of engagement ceremony even knowing in advance that there was not an engagement party....that couple ended up getting married and is now waiting for interview for marraige visa .delhi is good at asking for things they know they can not receive from the couple thats why i say try to think of anything and everything that you have ever seen delhi ask for

sara

Edited by estadia

Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

Hi,

Any suggestions any one?

Thanks.

We are really frustrated. Just to clarify, the only people present for the engagement were immediate family (it was a small affair as I mentioned its second marriage for both of us) that's why they asked for list of guests other than immediate family. So we asked some of our friends to provide the affidavits that they were aware of the engagement but were not present at the ceremony.

Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

Hi,

Any suggestions any one?

Thanks.

We are really frustrated. Just to clarify, the only people present for the engagement were immediate family (it was a small affair as I mentioned its second marriage for both of us) that's why they asked for list of guests other than immediate family. So we asked some of our friends to provide the affidavits that they were aware of the engagement but were not present at the ceremony.

it sounds like they knew u could not provide a list of guest other than immediate family so they used that as a reason to deny stating u had not met the requirements proving that you have a relationship?

sara

Timeline
Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

Hi,

Any suggestions any one?

Thanks.

it sounds like they knew u could not provide a list of guest other than immediate family so they used that as a reason to deny stating u had not met the requirements proving that you have a relationship?

sara

Along with these documents I have provided certified copies of my passport as well. We also had email exchanges not many but some. We provided copies of phone bills also.

Do you thing going through the lawyers will help? Any suggestions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

our previously hired attorney did not help us in our case, but i did consult marc ellis who is known on here as ellis-island. he was extremely helpful in answering my general questions. he said to simply rebuild a stronger case, which is what we eventually did. we front-loaded uscis the second round with over 11 pounds worth of evidence. the main thing is try to keep it in delhi because if it makes it back to uscis, you could be in for a long wait. get your senators involved. where you issued a 221g at the time of the interview? and the evidence you submitted was still not enough? i think we are the couple that estadia was talking about. our case was sent back to uscis in december, arrived in february. i made two more trips since then, and on the second trip we got married. i filed the i130 in june, in july, uscis gave us permission to refile stating our i129f was indeed expired. now, we are waiting for our case to be completed with nvc, then an interview again with new delhi.

feel free to go to my "about me" on my profile to get the long version of my timeline. good luck. and believe me, i feel your pain. ours was in california service center too who is known for leaving expired petitions expired. for awhile, vermont service center, which is what catnip went through, were revalidating their petitions. not sure if that is still going on. k.loveh is another person who went through vermont with a returned petition who was revalidated.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Hello All,

Need URGENT HELP PLEASE!

Thank you!

But why do so many here poo poo on pics as "only secondary evidence that doesnt really matter"? Like you I do think pics are powerful evidence, yet so many folks here dont. :blink:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
But why do so many here poo poo on pics as "only secondary evidence that doesnt really matter"? Like you I do think pics are powerful evidence, yet so many folks here dont. :blink:

Ours was a different consulate, but pictures were all the CO wanted to see in my husband's case. He had a ton of other stuff, but she didn't look at any of that, just at every single photo in the album.

Edited by caybee

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.