justcheckin

USCIS to NVC delay

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter's petition was approved on August 3rd. I received a NOA2 which said that it was going to be processed through the adjustment of status track. My daughter is in Canada and we had properly filed I-130 indicating consular processing in Montreal.

Anyway, I called the USCIS California Center around August 20th. The agent said she was going to put in a request to have this case forwarded to NVC but she didn't give me any service request number just said to call back in a week or so and admitted that it was their mistake. So the following week I call CSC again and they say that the application is physically on a way somewhere and they cannot do anything with it until it reaches the destination. But the agent on the phone says she will see to that petition being forwarded to NVC and asks me to call back in 2 weeks after Labor Day. So again I call them on Wednesday after Labor Day. This time the guy at CSC doesn't want to tell me anything just says to call the USCIS again and tells me what options to dial on the menu. I do that and get through to another agent to whom I repeat the whole story. She asks me a lot of questions whether I received any service request number (which i haven't) or any communication form USCIS, etc. She puts me on hold for 10 minutes or so and then says she cannot help me but will put me through to a supervisor - an immigration officer.

So I have to lay out the whole situation to that guy once more and he seems like he doesn't want to be bothered with anything pretty much letting me know that I've been pestering USCIS with my inquiries. I say that it was their mistake and I only want it fixed because my wife's case is completed at NVC and my daughter's case hasn't even gotten there yet. Anyway he finally tells me that on September 1st my daughter's application was marked to be sent to NVC and it should get there in up to 50 days but most likely by the end of September. I ask him to clarify it the petition has been sent to NVC or only marked for sending and he says only marked for sending and says there's nothing else he can do for me and practically hangs up on me.

It's good to know that something is happening but I'm still frustrated. Time is being wasted, I have to keep on following up and when I do the USCIS treats you like they're doing you a favor by even explaining their own mistakes to you.

Anyway, has this happened to anyone on this forum? How did it turn out?

Thanks,

Luke

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

try calling the NVC

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.