SupportOAFJF

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part15)

6,679 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HERE OONUH GO...CHAT TOO BLASTED MUCH!!!

PART 15!!!

LINK TO PART 14

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&start=5940

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

SECOND POST!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
SECOND POST!

:rofl: I don't know why, but seeing this caused me to laugh out loud (for real).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Hmm....for the patois classes, I have no idea how to start :rofl:

Maybe something like you email me in English and I email back in patois? And you translate?

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

I just posted this in the old forum..

Newly...this is a very relevant topic. It's not even for Jamaican men it can be that way for other men too. I think this is a serious conversation and should be joked around. I believe their is truth to some jokes. Men by nature want to be able to provide for their family. They need to have that feeling that they are providing. Like you, I love to shop. When I make even more money, it's only going to get worst. Help me!!! I like my expensive bags and shoes too. I don't have kids yet..so I know that might have to change.

Clearly, I make more than my husband (for now..u know once he blows up or something) and he is not working right now. He is focusing on school, which I'm supporting him in. Which explains why mi nah ready fi BREED!! KIMMY!!!

We have developed a monthly budget..like an allowance...that he gets every month to pay bills and treat me to dinner or something. Totally his idea. I get teased because we are opposite of the traditional husband and wife roles. He does most if not all of the cooking and most of the cleaning (I do dishes since he cooks). And he does most of the fixing up around the house. I know it makes him feel good about being there for me. I waited til he moved here before we painted the house and such.

I knew what I was getting into once he eventually got here. We had this conversation before he came and agreed on an understanding. He did not finish high school in Jamaica and he was not happy about it. Parents couldn't afford to send him. Which explains..why Open Arms for Jamiaca...touches mi heart. *couch* u like that plug ey?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

newly girl..i will find the 2nd thread and this was covered BIG TIME.. like nat said its not just ja/us BUT its def something that we have to deal w/ alot esp due to no work permit for a while..

first.. i don't think that u should second guess urself.. i mean u said u were just joking around, u know in ur heart that u are not a materialistic person.. u deciding to spend ur life w/ a man that MIGHT (u never know) not be able to get u those things are enough to prove that.. u love him for him and no materialistic person could love like that i don't think..

our men are gonna have it hard when they come and like u said, we can try are darndest to make them feel better, time and a good paying job is bout the only thing that will do that so i guess u have to just try not to make those kind of statements that he will take to heart..

aww dang.. ya'll we on part 15, lets go!

where did everybody go??? lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

okay guys here's my post from 14 cause i dont want it to get lost lol

I have a question ladies, I been thinking about this all damn day and I feel kind of bad because like we was saying sometimes things can be interpreted the wrong way, okay well how do yall deal with making more money than your so (those that do or still have their so in JA)? I know that there is a difference btwn JA & America but as a man a real man! I’m sure they feel a certain way about not being able to give there lady the best. Me and Mr was talking last night and I was just going on about how I wanted these shoes for my bday and I need some money blah blah blah, so I made a comment like how about I start stripping to make ends meet lmao I was being sarcastic of course but he took it as a emphasis on how he is not able to give me what I want and the more I kept trying to justify myself the more I kept putting my foot in my mouth, it really made me seem real shallow but I feel like there is nothing I can do to stroke your ego as a man in that department you either make the money or you don’t??? but I been thinking about this all day and I’m starting to realize how materialistic I might be oh and I made a comment like I love to shop and you are not the best saver so I guess we would be living in the streets I know it sounds bad but I was just playing trying to make a joke he took it as I don’t think he will be able to take care of us when he gets up here...

I don’t feel like I should feel bad about where I was born and what I am accustom to but I do feel bad about realizing how spoiled I might be everything I was complaining about and wanting was not necessities they were all material things…

Sorry about the long post ladies I feel better tho…

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

my ex did all the fixing up around the house too.. i wasn't much into decorating and fussing over things.. i told my mom i thought i was too young to own a house.. i wasn't ready to "love" it like i should LOL.. i am a LITTLE bit better now

soo kk..is he a full time student?? roger would have a fit staying at home, but i bet hubby keeps busy w/ school work/homework/studying..

Right now he goes 3 days a week. And studys Thursday and Fridays. He wants to work...but we are trying to find something that won't conflict with the school schedule. School comes first..this is our agreement.

I'm so jealous of his commitment. I have started two MBA programs and given up..just lazy. If I had his commitment I would have a PHD by now. LOL He's the teacher's pet at the community college. Once he gets GED...he will begin working and go on to college. He wants a business degree.

I think the most thing that bothers him is not being able to send stuff back to Jamaica. Which I know ..could be another whole conversation on VJ.

my ex did all the fixing up around the house too.. i wasn't much into decorating and fussing over things.. i told my mom i thought i was too young to own a house.. i wasn't ready to "love" it like i should LOL.. i am a LITTLE bit better now

Again his idea to buy a house. He even saved up money to help with downpayment. He never paid rent in Jamaica and didn't want to pay rent here.. :wacko::wacko:

So...I brought a house. I'm so thankful for his push. I love being a homeowner.

Timeline
QUOTE (jawi876 @ Jun 2 2009, 01:42 PM) post_snapback.gifWhere are you Justie!!!??? How did the medical go yesterday?

so good to hear that your mans medical went a-ok!

damions was fine- although i could have killed him yesterday morning

he did not even look at the rass form until he was in the taxi on the way to the doctor

:angry: mind you, he lives in ironshore mo bay- soooooo close

GRRRRRRRRR

*whats this question about prengancy? mi no pregnant, i think i got the wrong form*

:blink:

he went to kingston today to pick up police cert.

QUESTION~

im sending all the info/forms/evidence tommorow-

im thinking UPS

i dont trust his post office

i live on an island in the middle of nowhere with no DHL

and there is no fedex close

any thoughts?

how will the ups driver get package through the gate to the house?

cell phone?

im dense today

jawi! our men soon come

:dance:

ps how did you choose your screen name?

HEY LADIES!

lmao @ cow foot soup on the grill

tell him go start a wood fire

:wacko: @ goat balls

when i was younger i thought wontons were goat balls

Hey Bunz LOL he already trying to collect rain water so I wouldn't put it past him starting a wood fire LOL. but we just got a new huge smoker grill so he can throw some wood in if he likes LOL

PHILLY; my girl core of the earth...I love ROASTED GOAT BALLS and we cook on the grill well, use the grill, but u need a good cast iron pot. I fry fish outside most times.

and girl; liver and boil bannas for breakfast...OMG -- damn August can't get here quick enough.

Hey Lawny,

I eat liver yam and banana at all times of the day and don't get me started on my Ackee and Saltfish. I cook it all the time even for Sunday dinner LOL. I chop up my goat balls and eat them over rice or with yam and banana. Yummy!

Well just talked to Hubby and he was grillin LOL in the rain. I have created a monster on this grill!

I have a collection of cast iron pots given to me by my Grammy and I also collect them. If you go to yard sales you can find the really old larger ones! I even have a cast iron dutchie pot that is my favorite!

That is so funny I do my turkey burgers and fish in the cast iron on the grill as well. :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Hey Quanna

Hey Bunz ( Waving)

I have been busting my Raas all day I need a break! :dead:

I have to go home and do my hair, and organize and clean the laundry room because my washer died now I have to make room for the new one! :yes:

Quanna I never did my hair this weekend because the kids were at my Dad's and Hubby kept me busy all weekend "wink wink" so I am Wigalicious today looking like Donna Summer :lol:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
I just posted this in the old forum..

Newly...this is a very relevant topic. It's not even for Jamaican men it can be that way for other men too. I think this is a serious conversation and should be joked around. I believe their is truth to some jokes. Men by nature want to be able to provide for their family. They need to have that feeling that they are providing. Like you, I love to shop. When I make even more money, it's only going to get worst. Help me!!! I like my expensive bags and shoes too. I don't have kids yet..so I know that might have to change.

Clearly, I make more than my husband (for now..u know once he blows up or something) and he is not working right now. He is focusing on school, which I'm supporting him in. Which explains why mi nah ready fi BREED!! KIMMY!!!

We have developed a monthly budget..like an allowance...that he gets every month to pay bills and treat me to dinner or something. Totally his idea. I get teased because we are opposite of the traditional husband and wife roles. He does most if not all of the cooking and most of the cleaning (I do dishes since he cooks). And he does most of the fixing up around the house. I know it makes him feel good about being there for me. I waited til he moved here before we painted the house and such.

I knew what I was getting into once he eventually got here. We had this conversation before he came and agreed on an understanding. He did not finish high school in Jamaica and he was not happy about it. Parents couldn't afford to send him. Which explains..why Open Arms for Jamiaca...touches mi heart. *couch* u like that plug ey?

i feel the same way i was going to make it's own thread but idk chickened out i like my yardies lol nagh but sometimes i feel like he dont think i know what it is to struggle and i try to explain to him that i grew up and still live in tha hood lol i dont have a veranda and all these luxuaries but to him it's probably lux

newly girl..i will find the 2nd thread and this was covered BIG TIME.. like nat said its not just ja/us BUT its def something that we have to deal w/ alot esp due to no work permit for a while..

first.. i don't think that u should second guess urself.. i mean u said u were just joking around, u know in ur heart that u are not a materialistic person.. u deciding to spend ur life w/ a man that MIGHT (u never know) not be able to get u those things are enough to prove that.. u love him for him and no materialistic person could love like that i don't think..

our men are gonna have it hard when they come and like u said, we can try are darndest to make them feel better, time and a good paying job is bout the only thing that will do that so i guess u have to just try not to make those kind of statements that he will take to heart..

this is true also Qunna hey maybe he would get here and he will never make more then me who knows but im willing to give up certain things i know im going to have to change alot i am use to living by myself i have no kids i do and say & spend all i want as long as i still have a roof ova mi ead you know what i think that's what i was trying to get at!

** I been to hell and back but the key words is I'm back thanks to the grace of god! **

Love...Live...Life... (It's is better to have loved than to have never loved at all)

4/9/09 - Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center via USPS

4/10/09 - VSC received packet

4/13/09- VSC opened package

4/15/09- VSC mailed NOA1

4/17/09- VSC cashed check

4/17/09-NOA1 online

4/20/09-NOA1 hard copy

4/20/09-Touched

4/20/09- now we wait...

8/27/09- touched

8/31/09- approved!!

9/4/09- letter saying they mailed info to kingston

11/16/09 sent DS230 via email

11/18/09 rec email stating interview was scheduled for Dec

11/19/09 sent email asking what day in Dec and they responded Dec 8th!!!!! 2WEEKS

11/20/09 rescheduled to Dec 22 my preference date

12/22/09 Went to JA 12/9 and di ting is postponed until mi kno it's right!!! mi nah rush into nothing mi rather wait forever and kno everyting proper and sort out then rush and bawl lata... Mi kno when mi ting ah happen it ah happen RIGHT suh fah now mi ah wait likkle more...

DSC02522-1.jpgDSC02523-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.