GhanaMade88

No ID--How will i do my biometrics

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

i should be receiving my biometrics app letter soon and im stuck at my ID situation.......I was brought here at the age of 3 without inspection so i have no passport, i cant get a state ID because i dont have a social security card. Did anyone go through a similar situation? can i just bring a non-government ID? what can i do?

08/09/2009 AOS APPROVED!!!

N400
2/7/2013 MAILED PACKAGE EXPRESS
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
2/24/2013 BIOMETRICS COMPLETED
2/27/2013 PLACED IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW
04/18/2013 INTERVIEW APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

I am now a US CITIZEN!! THANK YOU JESUS!!

Not sure you'll be able to complete the biometrics - the whole point of biometrics it to ensure the identity of the alien (finger prints, photo).

You have no official photo ID of any kind? (What non-government ID would you bring?)

"Without inspection"? I think that will stop your AOS process.

Foreign Nationals Entering The U.S. Without Inspection

If a foreign national entered the U.S. illegally, and was not examined by an immigration officer, he/she is not eligible for adjustment of status. This applies even to foreign nationals married to U.S. citizens or to foreign nationals who have a U.S. citizen as an immediate relative.

Source: http://www.whiteandshepherd.com/immigration3.html

The only cases that will allow you to remain and AOS if your didn't get inspected are these:

Abused spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents who entered without inspection may adjust status regardless of the date they entered the U.S. They may file a self-petition for themselves and for their children.

Aliens who entered without inspection who are present in the United States on December 21, 2000 and who are beneficiaries of a petition or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001.

Are you consulting with a lawyer?

To answer your question, I do not believe a non-government ID would be sufficient.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

If a foreign national entered the U.S. illegally, and was not examined by an immigration officer, he/she is not eligible for adjustment of status. This applies even to foreign nationals married to U.S. citizens or to foreign nationals who have a U.S. citizen as an immediate relative.

The only cases that will allow you to remain and AOS if your didn't get inspected are these:

Abused spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents who entered without inspection may adjust status regardless of the date they entered the U.S. They may file a self-petition for themselves and for their children.

Aliens who entered without inspection who are present in the United States on December 21, 2000 and who are beneficiaries of a petition or labor certification filed on or before April 30, 2001.

To answer your question, I do not believe a non-government ID would be sufficient.

i have an approved battered spouse petition

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

Then your good :thumbs:

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

Then your good :thumbs:

but what kind of id can i bring?

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
i should be receiving my biometrics app letter soon and im stuck at my ID situation.......I was brought here at the age of 3 without inspection so i have no passport, i cant get a state ID because i dont have a social security card. Did anyone go through a similar situation? can i just bring a non-government ID? what can i do?

Wait! you came to the United States at the age of 3 and you don't have a passport nor social security card??

Really? why? huh? wait a min. what? ok, I'm speechless. wait, how did that happen?

Did your parents do anything about it before your 18th birthday?

ok, I'm confused. sorry

Timeline

Wait! you came to the United States at the age of 3 and you don't have a passport nor social security card??

Really? why? huh? wait a min. what? ok, I'm speechless. wait, how did that happen?

Did your parents do anything about it before your 18th birthday?

ok, I'm confused. sorry

nope they didnt do anything

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

What paperwork did you use to get the first petition? (id wise)?

I've did a few searches on types of id's required, and everything is pointing to a "government" type id, like state/federal issued.

Timeline

I've did a few searches on types of id's required, and everything is pointing to a "government" type id, like state/federal issued.

birth cert, marriage cert

How about telling us what ID you DO have?

i have a non government issued ID

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

You may want to contact their office and see if you can use them to prove ID.

Some states will allow you to get a State ID, without requiring an SSN, have you checked your state? *ah - i see you answered that*

Issued from who?

Once you get your EAD - you should be able to apply for the SSN. Perhaps they will accept your other paperwork to supply you one?

Edited by Bobby_Umit

Timeline

You may want to contact their office and see if you can use them to prove ID.

Some states will allow you to get a State ID, without requiring an SSN, have you checked your state?

Issued from who?

FROM A STORE IN MANHATTAN

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

I can almost guarantee you this 'store' ID will be of little/no value.

Best to contact your local/regional ASC (Application Support Center) and ask them directly.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

Have you considered obtaining a new passport from your country of citizenship?

Timeline

I can almost guarantee you this 'store' ID will be of little/no value.

Best to contact your local/regional ASC (Application Support Center) and ask them directly.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

Have you considered obtaining a new passport from your country of citizenship?

yes thats what im thinking about....will they give it to me even though ive been here for so long?

N400
2/8/2013 NOA1 DATED
06/12/2013 OATH CEREMONY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.