My Mohammed

MENA Members.. Proof of Ongoing Relationship

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was wondering if MENA can have a serious discussion concerning, Proof of Ongoing Relationship? Those of you who have already been through your interviews, can help those of us that are still yet to have theirs. This seems to be the number one reason for denial of a visa and I really want to make sure I have all bases covered.

Is there something you would've done differently?

Exactly what did you include for your proof?

Did you not have enough of one type of proof?

Do you feel web cam pics of you and your SO is a waste of time?

Are web cam pics of you, your SO, and family members important?

What seems to be the strongest Proof of an Ongoing Relationship?

What seems to be the least important proof?

What questions was your SO asked during the interview?

Especially in Egypt, I am very interested as this is where we're going through. Please if there is anything you have to share about your experiences good or bad, please do? This is for all MENA members, please tell us your experiences so those of us not yet there can learn from them.

*Jolie *

4/23/07 - Met on WoW Game..

11/25/07 - Engaged..

1/16/08 - 1st Visit..

2/28/08 - 2nd Visit..

6/03/08 - 3rd Visit..

9/10/08 - 4th Visit..

7/14/08 - Sent off I-129

1/08/08 - NOA 1

1/18/09 - RFE

1/30/09 - NOA2

???? - 45 Days of AP at NVC

03/15/09 - Left NVC

03/26/09 - Received pct. 3

05/06/09 - sent pkt back.

05/08/09 - Received pkt. 4

05/12/09 - Interview

07/24/09 - Out of AP

07/30/09 - Sent passport to Embassy.

08/15/09 - Received Passport with Visa.

08/18/09 - POE: Atlanta. It went very smooth, no problems at all. In and out in 30 minutes.

10/05/09 - Sent AOS/EAD

10/19/09 - Rec'd NOA

11/05/09 - Transferred to C.S.C.

11/10/09 - Biometrics - Cancelled waiting for new appt.

12/21/09 - Biometrics - Went well with no problems.

12/31/09 - EAD Card received.

02/16/10 - Transferred to Lee's Sumit, Mo

03/04/10 - Recieved AOS Interview letter.

04/07/10 - A.O.S. Interview - Approved. Very easy interview.

04-26-10 - 2Yr. Green card Received.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I was wondering if MENA can have a serious discussion concerning, Proof of Ongoing Relationship? Those of you who have already been through your interviews, can help those of us that are still yet to have theirs. This seems to be the number one reason for denial of a visa and I really want to make sure I have all bases covered.

Especially in Egypt, I am very interested as this is where we're going through. Please if there is anything you have to share about your experiences good or bad, please do? This is for all MENA members, please tell us your experiences so those of us not yet there can learn from them.

Well i think you can take all the proof of ongoing relationship to the interview like Emails.letters,greeting cards,pictures,gift receipts ,char logs,phone bills...........

and you know what maybe they will not even look at nay of these.

well i don't think that web cam pictures is a waste of time cause its show you both talking to each other and i think its new way to proof of ongoing relationship (we have so many me and my fiance and with her mom)

i think the strongest proof of ongoing relationship is how many times you visited your fiance ? and how much time you spent with him ?

as i said maybe you will take a tans of emails,pictures..... and maybe they will not even look at them

i think they ask basic questions at the interview like

1-What's your fiancee full name?

2-How many times have you met?

3-When and how did you meet?

4- How long have you known each other?

5-How long were you together the last time?

6-What are the dates of the visits?

7-Where does she live? Which city and state?..............

Good luck and my best wishes for you

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i think the strongest proof of ongoing relationship is how many times you visited your fiance ? and how much time you spent with him ?

I agree with this strongly. The best evidence is proof of time spent together.

Timeline

I think the greatest proof is picture you can show of you two together physically. Webcam pics I don't think are worth it. Pictures of you and his family are also important. You had mentioned your daughters had gone with you one trip - those pictures are also great. My son (he was 13 months at the time) went with when I lived with my husband one summer, the interviewer asked him lots of questions about that (in good way). Emails, letters etc are also good. Because you've visited several times, that proof is going to be the most important. Airline tickets/stubs, entry and exit stamps, hotel receipts if you stayed in hotels,

I put all of our info into an accordian binder, with folders for each thing they might need. 1) Original petition and receipts from USCIS 2) Affadavit of Support 3) Paperwork they sent him to complete 4) Pictures, dated underneath and small description. 5) Proof of visiting, airline stubs, receipts, passport stamps etc.

You may also want to get letters of support. Not sure how old your kid are but if older (over 15) they could write one stating they have visited and that you two have an ongoing reltionship, that they know him/love or like him. Anyone else who knows your relationship well could also do this.

A lot of ppl who have encoutered problems have had evidence, but it seems the CO sometimes won't even look at it if they're suspicious. Best to go in prepred though and hope for the best!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Written letters through snail mail including the envelopes which shows a postmark is way better evidence than pictures and chat logs, even though those do help along with what was already mentioned.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

For the love of God, what is snail mail? I'm sorry its such a silly question - I hear it mentioned often & have no idea what it is or how to use it?

My husband & I debate about letters all the time, it takes soooo long to get them from eachother that its old news & we talk every day. How do you take web cam pics? I looked at my cam, its cheap & it says it takes photos & does videos but I havent been able to get it to work.

I've only been to see my husband 2X mainly due to scheduling conflicts & trying to balance out vacations (& expenses) for my daughter too. (No way will her Dad let me take her out the country despite him being a foreigner himself).

My Mohammed, I'm glad you asked this cause I've often wondered too what I should focus on more so the interview is smooth for my husband (& so he gets approved!).

Written letters through snail mail including the envelopes which shows a postmark is way better evidence than pictures and chat logs, even though those do help along with what was already mentioned.

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
For the love of God, what is snail mail? I'm sorry its such a silly question - I hear it mentioned often & have no idea what it is or how to use it?

My husband & I debate about letters all the time, it takes soooo long to get them from eachother that its old news & we talk every day. How do you take web cam pics? I looked at my cam, its cheap & it says it takes photos & does videos but I havent been able to get it to work.

I've only been to see my husband 2X mainly due to scheduling conflicts & trying to balance out vacations (& expenses) for my daughter too. (No way will her Dad let me take her out the country despite him being a foreigner himself).

My Mohammed, I'm glad you asked this cause I've often wondered too what I should focus on more so the interview is smooth for my husband (& so he gets approved!).

Snail mail is letters / cards / packages sent through regular USPS mail.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

snail mail is mail sent via the postal service like the good old days not through email :)

our proofs were just what we did while we were seperated to feel close. I had copies of all the fedex papers from sending him things, I had my airline stubs from seeing him and my passport stamps.

I had everything organized in a binder... and even had all our emails bound in a book we had two seperate books. lol.

good luck

Timeline

Snail mail just means the regular postal service (as opposed to email which is fast, snail mail is slow). :P

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband had with him chat logs, e-mails between us, e-mails between him and my parents, and physical letters we'd written to each other. However, the CO didn't look at any of those, though I still think they are important to have. She looked carefully at every single picture I had of the two of us and of me with his family members (about 80 in all).

She also asked questions to see how well he knew me and then followed up with others. For example, she asked what I did for a living and then asked him to clarify what my job entailed. She asked what I did in my spare time. When he mentioned my sister's dogs, she asked their names, and he knew them. When he mentioned me going to visit my parents, she asked him how far I lived from them, and he knew that. I don't know how much weight she put on those kinds of questions, but I felt her questions were designed to see how well we really knew each other, and we certainly didn't think to prep for those follow-ups.

There have been home visits in Egypt, where someone from DOS pays a surprise visit on the beneficiary's family to ask about the relationship. Just something to be aware of.

Edited by caybee

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

Thank you so much for posting this because this really helps those of us who have not had our interviews yet. I have accumliated so much evidence I don't know what to do with it. Thank you all for posting your experiences because it really helps me to determine what is relevant and not.

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think the best you can do is just prepare for everything as much as possible - all types of evidence (except the webcam pics)..I would browse through the reviews for Cairo and see what others had to say from their interviews. What I've found is that no two interviews are the same - even within the same consulate - so you honestly never know what to really expect. It's better to have more evidence than not enough. In our case, we forgot our pics. But when he went back for the second interview, to supposedly show them the photos that he'd forgotten the first time, they didn't even look at them. I had letters of support from family and friends, which I totally did as an "just in case" thing and never thought they would bother looking at them, but since all our evidences were kept (and returned him to later), it's quite possible they were looked at afterall.

Start organizing your stuff now. Even before the NOA2. I can't stress that enough, to those waiting. You're not under stress yet to get it mailed out, the months leading up to our NOA2 approval, at the end of each month, I would print off the chats, emails, phone records for that month. (I even tried to be 'eco friendly' and print double sided.....and saves space too..lol)

We had 2 binders. One had just chats. The other binder was divided as:

1) Letters of support, emails regarding wedding plans (email from friend officiating our wedding, email from my friend was going to make my dress), copy of engagement rings

2) Evidence of my trips there - copy of my passport, etickets, itinerary, boarding passes, bank statement showing i'd used my debit card there

3) Skype logs and My cell phone statements showing our calls

4) emails from me to him

5) emails from him to me

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline

Thank you to all who responded. I think this will help of us just now preapring things for the interview.

My daughter has never been with me to Egypt. She has a health condition that requires a specialist and I was unable to find one that could treat her should something happen. Also, her father refused her to even visit, so I didn't have any choices except for him to come to the U.S.

I'm not an expert on pictures believe me, but I think web cam pics do show you communicate. Even photos of you together, I hear can be fake. I have many web cam pics of myself, Mohammed, and my daughter. I think it at least proves our family members know of our relationship.

Rings.. I don't know about this one. I can not wear jewelry as I am allergic to many things and I have yet to find any type of jewelry I can wear. He wanted to buy me an engagement ring, but if I can't wear it, it's a waste of money. I told him, I found pretty wedding bands in walmart, but not sure if I can wear them, but i'd love to try one.. they're made from Titanium and have an inscription. They are cheap and Co might think that's a flag.. who knows.

I intend to include letters from family, but even those can be a lie. I don't see much strong evidence there, as we all can say anything, but doesn't mean it's true. I have mailed him MANY letters/cards, he has yet to receive the first one. We don't know what to do about this. Fedex just for a card, I can't afford that.

I have spent about 7 months or more total with him in Egypt, before I came back last month. I also think this is very strong proof.

** More questions:

Exactly how did you present your photos? Were they single or many glued/taped on a paper so as not to get lost?

Did you have emails? How many? * We talk for hours daily, so we don't email much.

What type of wedding plans did you show.. pic of a dress you liked, veils, etc. How does this prove anything? Is it a waste of time, because all we have to do is print off something we like?

Thanks Guys,

*Jolie *

11/25/07 - Engaged..

1/16/08 - 1st Visit..

2/28/08 - 2nd Visit..

6/03/08 - 3rd Visit..

9/10/08 - 4th Visit..

7/14/08 - Sent off I-129

1/08/08 - NOA 1

1/18/09 - RFE

1/30/09 - NOA2

03/15/09 - Left NVC

05/12/09 - Interview

07/24/09 - Out of AP

08/18/09 - POE: Atlanta. It went very smooth, no problems at all. In and out in 30 minutes.

10/05/09 - Sent AOS/EAD

10/19/09 - Rec'd NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, if everything can be fabricated (letters from family, photos, printouts of wedding plans/ideas) then why bother with evidences?

:rolleyes:

You asked those of us who have gone through the interview process, and we gave our suggestions of what worked for us.

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline
Well, if everything can be fabricated (letters from family, photos, printouts of wedding plans/ideas) then why bother with evidences?

:rolleyes:

You asked those of us who have gone through the interview process, and we gave our suggestions of what worked for us.

I'm not trying to start anything here. I'm trying to find out what the CO won't say is fabricated, do you understand? You said, " I think the best you can do is just prepare for everything as much as possible - all types of evidence (except the webcam pics").. I thought webcam pics is perfect proof of evidence with us and our family. Maybe i'm wrong and the CO won't give them a second thought.

I have thought of starting a book with wedding ideas, but do they take this serious or think we just copied it from websites etc? If you made a book of wedding plans/ideas, how did you present them? Anyone who presented these as evidence please share how you presented it to the CO.

*Jolie *

11/25/07 - Engaged..

1/16/08 - 1st Visit..

2/28/08 - 2nd Visit..

6/03/08 - 3rd Visit..

9/10/08 - 4th Visit..

7/14/08 - Sent off I-129

1/08/08 - NOA 1

1/18/09 - RFE

1/30/09 - NOA2

03/15/09 - Left NVC

05/12/09 - Interview

07/24/09 - Out of AP

10/05/09 - Sent AOS/EAD

10/19/09 - Rec'd NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.