Y's_habibitk

how many women get put into AP?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It seems like most if not all of the stories i have read about AP are women(USC) waiting on husbands.

I'm just curious how many women get put into AP? And whats up with that?!

Maybe im way off base and just havent noticed that alot of wives get AP...

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
It seems like most if not all of the stories i have read about AP are women(USC) waiting on husbands.

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I'm one of the people you are looking for. You can check my timeline for more information.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I don't know the answer to your question but a lady at DOS told me your case moved fast you have to wait somewhere so by the looks of your timeline you have done your waiting anyway I hope that proves true for you and your husband. Good Luck LOL and don't you just love those generic letters.

Marriage : 2008-01-26

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2008-03-19

NVC Received : 2008-03-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2008-04-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2008-04-17

Receive I-864 Package : 2008-04-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2008-04-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2008-04-07

Receive IV Bill : 2008-04-20

Pay IV Bill : 2008-04-21

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-05-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-12

NVC Left : 2008-05-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-01

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-05-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-05-31

Interview Date : 2008-07-15

result AP

2009-05-15 case returned to USCIS

2009-06-29 case received at USCIS

2010-03-12 letter from USCIS stating reason for case being returned and asking for additional info of a on going relationship

2010-03-29 sent next day air-2010-03-30 10:30 USCIS signed for package

2010-03-31 USCIS updated accoun

2010-04-10 received email case reaffirmed

2010-08-18 2nd interview

9/2/2010 Visa Received

9/16/2010 Entered USA

10/15/2010 received 10 year GC

:http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pGV...s4pIA&hl=en

Timeline

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I'm one of the people you are looking for. You can check my timeline for more information.

Hi everyone.

My wife had her interview on 14th of october at Islamabad. She was given a green paper with a purple sticker on her passport and she was told that the embassy need to complete some work on her file and it will take from 4 - 8 weeks. They also told her that they will call to send in the passport after they complete the work on her file.

there is no number on the green form.

S_AL_ I think your interview experience was almost similar to my wife. Do you have any form number on green sheet?

Timeline

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Hi everyone.

My wife had her interview on 14th of october at Islamabad. She was given a green paper with a purple sticker on her passport and she was told that the embassy need to complete some work on her file and it will take from 4 - 8 weeks. They also told her that they will call to send in the passport after they complete the work on her file.

S_AL_ I think your interview experience was almost similar to my wife. Do you have any form number on green sheet?

Yes there is no number on the green sheet. They returned my passport too with the sticker on it and a token along with the green sheet. Said the same about the amount of time it could take. Hoping your wife gets off AP soon too.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Hi everyone.

I hope and pray that AP is over within the time frame they told my wife and you. But the green letter says minimum 6 week and no maximum. My wife called the embassy the other day and the operator told her that she will get a call from embassy in 3 weeks according to their computer system.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey guys, thank you for your responses and Im so sorry you are in this situation and I pray that you will be reunited soon with your loved ones.

I posted this because i was curious and wondering what kind of "profiling" really goes on. So far only two women and both from pakistan....

Im getting together with some other VJ members to bombard the USCIS oversight committee with issues and concerns regarding VSC. I would love to include the AP issue as well. A friend who's husband is currently in AP (and has been for 10 months) made me want to rally for all of you guys :)

Im sorry if i offended anyone with my topic.

Good luck to everyone.

Lisa

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Hi everyone.

Yes there is no number on the green sheet. They returned my passport too with the sticker on it and a token along with the green sheet. Said the same about the amount of time it could take. Hoping your wife gets off AP soon too.

Any Update on your AP yet?

My fiance got a green sheet as well but his stickers were pink. I wonder what the color of the stickers mean? When is the best time to call the embassy? My fiance has called several times and has never been able to get thur, he says he go thur some automated voice system and when the phone finally rings it automatically disconnects on him. :angry: :angry:

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Timeline
My fiance got a green sheet as well but his stickers were pink. I wonder what the color of the stickers mean? When is the best time to call the embassy? My fiance has called several times and has never been able to get thur, he says he go thur some automated voice system and when the phone finally rings it automatically disconnects on him. :angry: :angry:

you have to keep trying. usually 15 - 30 minutes he should be able to get in touch with someone. Best time is between 12:30pm - 1:00pm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.