PJHiii

Vaccinations

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm looking at the vaccinations required, and just wondering about which ones are safer in the USA. Call me Mr. Worry Wart.

I was reading this post about PERTUSSIS

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...;hl=vaccination

so I did some googling, and found on my favorite site wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pertussis

and found the sentence: The whole-cell vaccine is still used in poor countries, since it is cheaper than the newer and safer acellular formulation.

I realize its much cheaper/already paid for to get all these done during the medical in Phils, but which ones are safer to do in the USA?

IANAD (I am not a doctor),

Paul

02/16/08 - Met online at FilipinaHeart

02/24/08 - I asked Jenny if I could be her boyfriend, and she said yes!

04/15/08 - I arrive in Manila, call Jenny, pass out. Jenny waits hours and goes home, I wake up hours later and realize my terrible mistake. Jenny forgives me and comes back, and we meet for real finally.

04/18/08 - I propose marriage

04/19/08 - It's a full moon over Manila

04/20/08 - Dinner with Jenny's mom, grandma, and grandpa

04/23/08 - Celebrated Jenny's mom's birthday, joined by Jenny's brother Ivan. I asked permission from her mom to marry me... and she said yes.. (in tears..)

04/25/08 - Our first adventure to Cebu together

04/27/08 - Back in Manila

04/28/08 - I went back to the US...sad day... =(

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC via UPS

05/07/08 - I-129F delivered to VSC, signed by Stanley

05/15/08 - NOA1

05/19/08 - check cashed!

05/21/08 - NOA1 hard copy received

06/26/08 - Touched

08/04/08- Arrived Manila for work, Jenny had groceries and other goodies ready at the Accott

08/14/08- NOA2

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi Paul, I had 2 vaccine shot last time and I don't think I got that Pertussis thing.. it says here in my vaccine copy NOT AGE APPROPRIATE. I just had the Tdap and MMR..

vida

Edited by djazy66

There are no required vaccinations for a "K" visa... You can delay until stateside and get them all before AOS

Why is it that I keep reading that there are no required vaccinations for the K-visas, but the Embassy tells me that my fiance has to have 3 vaccinations.

TD

MMR

Varicella

If vaccinations are not required, why is the Embassy requiring them?

Edited by Carol and Bruno

Our K-1 Timeline

01/12/08: Attorney mailed petition to CSC

01/22/08: NOA1

05/27/08: NOA2

06/03/08: NVC received

06/04/08: NVC forwarded to Rio de Janeiro consulate

06/09/08: Consulate received

06/23/08: Packet 3 sent

08/19/08: Interview!! (Approved!!)

08/27/08: Visa in hand

09/12/08: POE (Washington DC)

09/25/08: Applied for Social Security card

10/06/08: Social Security card received

11/12/08: Marriage!!

AOS Timeline

03/21/09: Mailed AOS docs to Chicago

03/23/09: AOS packet received in Chicago

03/31/09: NOA1

04/03/09: NOA1 Received (His Birthday!!)

04/17/09: Received notice that our case was transferred to CSC on 4/13/09

04/17/09: My case has been entered into the USCIS system!!

04/23/09: Biometrics appointment

05/11/09: AP approved

05/12/09: Case arrived at CSC for further processing

05/13/09: EAD approved

05/13/09: AOS Touched

05/14/09: AP received

05/15/09: EAD card received

06/25/09: Card production ordered

07/06/09: Approval notice sent

07/06/09: Card Received!!!

Removal of Conditions

03/23/11: Will mail I-751

Citizenship

03/23/12: Will mail N-400

.png

Timeline

This is one reason you keep hearing that there are no vaccination requirements for "K" visas.

Vaccination Requirements

United States immigration law requires immigrant visa applicants to obtain certain vaccinations prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements. See IV Vaccination Requirements for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2994.html

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

but please, my question is really quite technical. Which ones (if any) are safer from a medical standpoint) to get in the USA?

02/16/08 - Met online at FilipinaHeart

02/24/08 - I asked Jenny if I could be her boyfriend, and she said yes!

04/15/08 - I arrive in Manila, call Jenny, pass out. Jenny waits hours and goes home, I wake up hours later and realize my terrible mistake. Jenny forgives me and comes back, and we meet for real finally.

04/18/08 - I propose marriage

04/19/08 - It's a full moon over Manila

04/20/08 - Dinner with Jenny's mom, grandma, and grandpa

04/23/08 - Celebrated Jenny's mom's birthday, joined by Jenny's brother Ivan. I asked permission from her mom to marry me... and she said yes.. (in tears..)

04/25/08 - Our first adventure to Cebu together

04/27/08 - Back in Manila

04/28/08 - I went back to the US...sad day... =(

05/05/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC via UPS

05/07/08 - I-129F delivered to VSC, signed by Stanley

05/15/08 - NOA1

05/19/08 - check cashed!

05/21/08 - NOA1 hard copy received

06/26/08 - Touched

08/04/08- Arrived Manila for work, Jenny had groceries and other goodies ready at the Accott

08/14/08- NOA2

Timeline
but please, my question is really quite technical. Which ones (if any) are safer from a medical standpoint) to get in the USA?

If you do not trust the Phillipines medical community then they are all safer given in the USA.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Other Timeline

Hope there's someone here who can really enlighten us on this.

My fiance's advice is not to take the pertussis vaccine here. And even at the time when I get in the US, we might get a waiver for the said vaccination, if allowed.

My wonder, the medicine field has gone too far, and I wonder, if there have been studies showing that pertussis vaccine is not safe, why are they still giving it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there Mr. Worry Wart and rubchett, the neurological side effects of pertussis vaccines are atributted to the vaccine made from WHOLE CELL perstussis AND if the vaccine is given on patients more than 6 years old. The problem of neurological side effects are addressed by giving pertussis as ACELLULAR vaccine. Acellular meaning it is NOT a whole cell anymore.

The vaccine given at SLEC is TdaP, Tetanus, diphtheria, ACELLULAR pertusis. It is approved by the US FDA. So, it is safe to get those vaccines here.

P.S.

I'm a pediatrician. And if these vaccines are not safe, why would the SLEC will give them to us? I'm sure that by now there will be so many complaints against SLEC if that is the case.

God bless you! :thumbs:

But, you are still the one that will decide whether you will take the vaccines here or in the US.

Edited by chris-lei

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

I'm looking at the vaccinations required, and just wondering about which ones are safer in the USA. Call me Mr. Worry Wart.

I was reading this post about PERTUSSIS

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...;hl=vaccination

so I did some googling, and found on my favorite site wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pertussis

and found the sentence: The whole-cell vaccine is still used in poor countries, since it is cheaper than the newer and safer acellular formulation.

I realize its much cheaper/already paid for to get all these done during the medical in Phils, but which ones are safer to do in the USA?

IANAD (I am not a doctor),

Paul

Okay, I don't have anything on hand to prove this but this is what my personal experience is:

I went to my husband's US military camp last year to visit him, that time my VISA is on process still. We found out that vaccines are being given there, so I gathered all of the required vacccination for VISA. I never had a vaccine since I was born. To make my long story short, I was prohibited by my pediatrician to have a vaccine because of my allergy.

I thought I all ready was a grown up and I never had any accounts of allergy long time ago so I decided to get vaccine from the US Camp in Korea anyway.

I got: Hepa B. Pertussis, Vericella, Diptherria and Typhoid, Tetanus and some others...

After 4 days of my vaccine from the Camp...I returned here in the Philippines and I got on and off fever. Unexplaines one because when I got to the ER, the physician told me "nothing is wrong" just a fever.

After a month, exactly October 11, 2007....my right eyes suddenly became blurry, I went to the most traumatic experience of my entire life. I am nearly blind and until now I still have eye problems.

I undergo MRI. HIV, bunch of blood test and the finding went negative, the doctors from Korea and here in the Philippines did extensive test just to find out what is causing my eyes to get blurry.

I always believe that vaccines trigger something inside my body. I don't have evidence to prove but it is what my theory is.

To all VJ people, please make sure about your medical history before getting vaccination. I requested a medcial certification not to get any shots from SLEC when I had my medical, aparently I got more shots for chicken pox and some more.

You always have the right to refuse any vaccination, as long as you can get medical certification.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In my experience, I was asking the doctor if I can waive the MMR vaccine because I wanna get pregnant as soon as I get to the US. My request was not granted..I still got MMR and TdaP.

But as I have said, you are the ones that will decide for yourselves and if the doctor will allow you to get the vaccines in the US.

God bless you! :thumbs:

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.