JasonS

Does my wife need a medical exam / I-693?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just recieved I-797C about my wifes interview date. One of the items it mentions is I-693. It says you need to bring this to the interview unless already submitted.

I never submitted that form with the original AOS application. And i never recieved a RFE about it. We did an info pass thing where you goto the local office and the lady there told us we didnt need to submit the I-693 so we didnt.

And I just assumed it was part of the medical exams my wife did in the philippines before she was granted her k-1 visa.

I called the phone number on the letter and the lady basically had no clue if i needed it or not. And she said she had no way of looking up my info.

Do i need to get a new medical exam done for my wife before the interview? I do have a DS-3025 showing she had MMR shots everythnig else on the paper says "not age approiate" except for Td which says "Not routinely available"

What do i do? Will she have to go get all these tests done on her again? What is a supplement, is that the ds-3025 or another form?

I-129F Sent 05-11-07

NOA1 05-31-07

NOA2 09-28-07

Left NVC 11-05-07

Packet 4 Received 11-16-07

Medical Exam 11-29-07

Interview Date 12-06-07

Visa Recieved 12-11-07

US Entry 12-19-07

Marriage 12-24-07

hi she need to bring the form ds 3025 given by St Lukes with her to the USCIS civil surgeon, they know what shots she needs... if there's any like TD shot.

Then after that they will transcribe it to the form 693a, the CV will seal it, but they will give u a copy..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your wife handed over the I-693 medical when she entered the US - it was inside her sealed brown envelope. What she needs to bring to the interview is the Vaccination Supplement - the I-693A.

To get this, make an appointment with a Civil Surgeon - there is a list of the ones available in your area at www.uscis.gov. Bring the ds 3025 - Vaccination Worksheet- to her appointment. She does not need a new physical if her last one was done less than a year ago - some Civil Surgeons will tell you that she does. All you need the Civil Surgeon to do is to transfer the information from the ds3025 - Vaccination Worksheet - to the I-693A - Vaccination Supplement. The Civil Surgeon has the form already in his/her office so you don't need to bring it, although you can print it out if you wish. If she requires more vaccinations, he can give them to her at an additional cost. Transferring the information can cost anywhere from $30 to $75 - there is no set price.

Ask him to give you a photocopy of the form because he will seal it in an envelope and you have to hand the sealed envelope to USCIS at the interview. You can keep that for your own records.

Good luck.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the info!

She only got a MMR done, Does she only need Td? Or will she need other like hepatitis? Also will they do the tb skin test?

One last thing about the physical, is that something that was done in the philippines, i dont think she has any records unless they were in that sealed envelope? Or you mean a recent one done in the USA?

I-129F Sent 05-11-07

NOA1 05-31-07

NOA2 09-28-07

Left NVC 11-05-07

Packet 4 Received 11-16-07

Medical Exam 11-29-07

Interview Date 12-06-07

Visa Recieved 12-11-07

US Entry 12-19-07

Marriage 12-24-07

Thanks for the info!

She only got a MMR done, Does she only need Td? Or will she need other like hepatitis? Also will they do the tb skin test?

One last thing about the physical, is that something that was done in the philippines, i dont think she has any records unless they were in that sealed envelope? Or you mean a recent one done in the USA?

hi as for me, the CV gave me the TD shot and Varicella.. only 2.. they know what shots she need.

Yup the Physical exam was done in PI, and it was included in the sealed envelope that we gave to the immigration officer at the POE...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We just recieved I-797C about my wifes interview date. One of the items it mentions is I-693. It says you need to bring this to the interview unless already submitted.

I never submitted that form with the original AOS application. And i never recieved a RFE about it. We did an info pass thing where you goto the local office and the lady there told us we didnt need to submit the I-693 so we didnt.

And I just assumed it was part of the medical exams my wife did in the philippines before she was granted her k-1 visa.

I called the phone number on the letter and the lady basically had no clue if i needed it or not. And she said she had no way of looking up my info.

Do i need to get a new medical exam done for my wife before the interview? I do have a DS-3025 showing she had MMR shots everythnig else on the paper says "not age approiate" except for Td which says "Not routinely available"

What do i do? Will she have to go get all these tests done on her again? What is a supplement, is that the ds-3025 or another form?

hi, i guess you need to bring it to the interview if you did not include it in your AOS application. as for the shots, your wife didn't get a Td shot in the Philippines because t is not available in our country (im also a Filipina). now, all you need to do is bring the DS-3025 form to an accredited civil surgeon who will transfer the MMR record to the official 'vaccination supplement' form. the surgeon will also give her the Td and varicella shots and record the same in the said form.

by the way, there is a new medical form. it is an I-693 form with the vaccination report incorporated in it. the surgeon will just fill out the basic information about your wife, the vaccination sheet and sign it. all the other parts pertaining to physical exams should be left blank because your wife already had her medical exam in the philippines and that is still valid.

- khay

Our K-1 Journey

I-129F sent to CSC via USPS.........13 Feb 2007

NOA1.........................................16 Feb 2007

NOA1 hardcopy...........................22 Feb 2007

NOA2!(thru email).......................9 May 2007

NOA2 hardcopy...........................14 May 2007

received by NVC...........................5 June 2007

petition left NVC for USE Manila......8 June 2007

received hardcopy of NVC letter.....9 June 2007

received by US Embassy Manila.....18 June 2007

Packet 4 Received ......................31 July 2007

Early Medical Exam......................22-23 August 2007

Interview appointment.................5 September 2007

arrival in the US (POE: SFO)...........4 October 2007

WEDDING!..................................26 October 2007

AOS

mailed I-485 and I-765................18 December 2007

NOAs for I-485 and I-765.............26 December 2007

biometrics appointment...............15 January 2008

EAD card received.......................18 February 2008

AOS interview in San Francisco.....30 May 2008 approved!!!

"Welcome to America!" letter

received in the mail.....................6 June 2008

Green card arrived in the mail......11 June 2008 YES!!!

our interview experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.