tawney

Anyone wonder what happened to me???

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone... :luv:

I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to update you all for so long... David got his visa & we moved to Utah 2 days later... We have been here a month & have just got our internet back up & running...

It was quite an ordeal & not a perfect experience by any means... :protest::ranting:

I can't get into too many details because it would take forever... But I will try to sum it up...

The interview appeared to be going perfectly & then right when we thought she was going to approve the visa, she told us that we couldn't get the visa because we failed to provide proof that I (the US Citizen) was actually going to be moving with my husband & daughter... WHAT?????? OF COURSE I'M MOVING!!!!! We showed every form of proof that we had with us including my car information (proving that I intended to take MY car accross the boarder to the USA), Our hotel confirmation's for our trip (listing 3 people), MY 2 Cats vet info (Proving that I intended to take my cats accross the border to the USA) & a letter written by my Mom to us stating that my family were all very excited to see us & wishing us well... NOTHING was good enough for her!!! :ranting: She was not very nice about it either.... She wanted proof of paid rent in my name!!! HUH???? All the papers they send you tell you that you should NOT make any moving plans because your VISA is not guaranteed, but yet she wanted proof that we had paid rent in Utah for her to accept the fact that I was moving too... UUGGGHHHHH!!!!! :protest: Anyway, lucky for us we had ignored the warnings & had scheduled our trip & had already paid rent for our first 2 months in Utah (my parents paid it & we paid them when we arrived)... But at that moment we had no proof of the paid rent... So we asked her if we could get my parents to fax us a copy of the rent receipt & bring it back that day... She said that was ok, but she could not promise anything... She gave us her fax number & sent us away devestated... It took some work, but we got my parents to fax the proof that she needed to the Embassy... Then we went back to make sure that she got it & that she could go ahead & approve it... The security guard told us that in order to see her again we would need to butt in front of her next appointment... That is what David did, one man walked out & she called someone else & David snuck in first... BAD IDEA!!!!! :oops: She FREAKED OUT!!!!!!! She almost called security & she refused to check the fax machine - She asked him to leave several times & he kept asking her to go check the fax machine... It got very ugly!!!! We left feeling absolutely like we had no hope at all... When we went downstairs the security guard could see we were upset & asked us what happened... We explained the situation to her & she called the lead security officer over & explained the situation to him... They must have taken pitty on us & he made some calls & came back & told us that he got us an appointment later that day... :D In the meantime we had my parents fax us the info & also got our new landlord to fax a better copy of it (with my name completely visable) so we had hard copies ourselves... We had a few more minor setbacks... But finally David was told that his visa was approved & that we needed to come back the next day... :dance: Thank goodness for those security guards... They saved the day!!!! They will forever have our gratitude...

We picked up his visa the next day (Mar 29th) & then drove from Montreal to Southern Ontario (home) & got there around 1AM - We went to bed, slept for a few hours & got up & packed everything on to our utility trailer... Slept on the bare floor that night & then woke up & pulled out of our driveway at 4AM the next morning (April 1st)... We drove a total of about a mile & then BOOM!!!!! Our tire fell completely off of our trailer... My freaked out cat :luv: managed to jump out of the car & run into the darkness... We couldn't find the cat, our daughter (13 months old) was totally freaked out & screaming her head off... It was so dark that we couldn't even see what had actually happened... David decided to turn the car around & shine the headlights on the problem to see how bad it was... When he pulled up, he almost ran over our cat who was shivering (terrified) under the car... When I saw him I grabbed him & kissed him so much!!! I was so relieved... I thought I'd never see him again... :wub: When we saw how bad the trailer was, we ended up unhooking it, leaving it on the side of the road & just going back to our house that we had just moved out of (thank goodness David still had an extra key)... We tried to sleep for a bit but it was not easy... At 7AM when the place that David used to work for opened (right accross the street), he went & asked his old boss if he could borrow the forklift... He then drove the forklift out to where our trailer was & picked up the entire loaded trailer & brought it home... It was quite a sight seeing that!!! The next thing we did was drive to the nearest big city & we went to a store & spent almost $1000 of our moving money on a new trailer.... Brought it home & decided to lighten our load... So we sold or gave away almost everything except our best clothes & our sentimentals... We got the new trailer loaded & we were on the road again by 2PM... WOW!!!! :wacko: We were dreading the border crossing - figuring that we were going to have to unload the entire thing again... But it was a breeze... They didn't ask to look at anything, they didn't ask for the papers on our car or the papers for our cats or even the itemized list of the contents... We were in & out within 20 minutes... :dance: We had to change our two nights hotel reservations because of the setback, but the rest of the trip was very nice...

It was quite an ordeal!!!!! WOW!!! David got his Social security number within a week & a half & he got a welcome letter a few days ago from the dept. of homeland security telling him that his green card will be here within 30 days... David got a job with the first resume that he sent out (driving a crane) & he just got offered his dream job yesterday (a career in hockey)... We are settling in & hoping that this move brings us good luck...

I hope that none of you who are still in the process have such a difficult time on interview day... Remember to provide proof that the USA citizen is actually moving to the USA too...

Sorry my update is so long - it is actually quite a short version... I left out a lot of details... If you have read this entire thing - Thanks...

Good luck to you all...

Hugs

Tanya :luv:

WOW what a total nightmare at least its proof (though no consolation) that all's well that ends well ......... here's wishing you a very happy and much less eventful future :dance:

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats on getting everyone home safe and sound!!!!

Sometimes the hardest things make everything more worthwhile. Hope everything goes smoothly for you and your family from now on.

Best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had a similar issue -- although not a similar experience, thankfully -- when we went for our K-3 interview in Montreal. I'm the U.S. citizen, my wife is Canadian. We'd been married a long time, living in Toronto for 11 years, had two kids, were estabilished, when I had an opportunity to start a business in Seattle. We sent in our I-129F and I-130 material in March 2004 and had our interview later that year in December.

The interview was going well when we were asked for proof that I was living in the United States. I wasn't; I was living with my family in Toronto. We had sold our house and liquidated all of our assets in advance of our move, but I was still a resident of Canada. The interviewer asked for a sale agreement on the house (didn't bring it) but, probably noticing the horrified looks on our faces, said proof showing intent to move would be sufficient for her. Fortunately, I had a letter from my partner about establishing our company.

I thought I had all the bases covered but I wasn't aware that I (apparently) couldn't file for a K-3 from outside the United States. The interviewer hauled out the regulation and showed us.

Our interviewer in Montreal was very professional, knew her stuff, and used the authority she had to make a good decision. Sorry you didn't have the same experience...

TIMELINE

* K3 through Montreal *

03-17-2004: I-130 NOA1

04-09-2004: I-129F NOA1 (K3)

09-27-2004: Sold the house

10-14-2004: I-130 transferred from Neb. to Calif.

10-14-2004: I-129F NOA2

11-03-2004: Receive Packet 3

11-05-2004: Returned DS230 and checklist

11-08-2004: DS230 and checklist received in Montreal

11-18-2004: Receive Packet 4 - interview scheduled for 12-13-2004

12-13-2004: K3 received in Montreal

12-30-2004: Enter the States at Port Huron, Mich., on the way to Seattle

* AOS through Seattle *

02-06-2006: AOS, EAD package arrives in Chicago

02-11-2006: EAD NOA1

02-13-2006: AOS NOA1

04-05-2006: Biometrics appointment in Seattle

05-03-2006: EAD approval notice (by email)

05-06-2006: Receive interview notice

05-08-2006: EAD arrives by mail

06-06-2006: Interview and approval

06-19-2006: Green card arrives by mail

Gosh what an ordeal! Glad you all finally arrive safely :)

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good info to know about intent to move and all that good stuff. Although it was a bit stressful, you two are now together, most excellent! Congratulations! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.

CR-1

09/16/2005 Mailed I-130 (CSC)

09/21/2005 NOA 1

02/07/2006 NOA 2 (Day 143)

02/25/2006 Petitioner receives AOS Bill in U.S. (Day 161)

02/27/2006 AOS Bill (regular USPS) and DS-3032 (Canada Post regular) are mailed out

03/21/2006 Petitioner receives I-864 package (Day 185)

03/22/2006 Beneficiary receives IV Bill and sends payment - regular mail (Day 186)

03/24/2006 Petitioner sends back I-864 (Day 188)

04/13/2006 Beneficiary receives DS-230 (Day 208)

05/10/2006 Beneficiary sends back DS-230 and docs to NVC via Fedex (Day 235)

05/19/2006 NVC issues RFE on Question # 20 on the DS-230. (Day 244)

05/29/2006 Beneficiary receives RFE and sends it off (Day 254)

06/02/2006 NVC receives RFE (Day 258)

06/16/2006 Case Complete! (Day 272)

07/07/2006 Case forwarded to Consulate in Montreal (Day 293)

08/11/2006 INTERVIEW! VISA APPROVED!

08/14/2006 Picked up visa and crossed the border.

08/25/2006 SS card arrives in the mail

09/07/2006 GC arrives in the mail.

K-3

02/01/2006 Mailed I-129F

02/07/2006 NOA1

04/14/2006 I-129F is approved!

04/24/2006 NVC forwards the application to the consulate in Montreal

05/01/2006 Packet 3 is received from consulate & is sent of 3 days later

07/07/2006 Medical

08/08/2006 INTERVIEW- cancelled bec. of CR-1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The interview appeared to be going perfectly & then right when we thought she was going to approve the visa, she told us that we couldn't get the visa because we failed to provide proof that I (the US Citizen) was actually going to be moving with my husband & daughter... WHAT?????? OF COURSE I'M MOVING!!!!! We showed every form of proof that we had with us including my car information (proving that I intended to take MY car accross the boarder to the USA), Our hotel confirmation's for our trip (listing 3 people), MY 2 Cats vet info (Proving that I intended to take my cats accross the border to the USA) & a letter written by my Mom to us stating that my family were all very excited to see us & wishing us well... NOTHING was good enough for her!!! :ranting: She was not very nice about it either.... She wanted proof of paid rent in my name!!! HUH????

Yay Tanya & Co!!!! Congrats on your move---what a story! Glad to hear it all worked out in the end, but wow.

The quoted part above.. looks to me like the ole 'proof of US domicile' thingie.. part and parcel, but I'm sorry it gave you such a scare.

Don't be a total stranger now, y'hear?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline
:dance: Congrats on a happy ending :dance:

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.