tammy2688

AP after AP

8 posts in this topic

My husband's case has been under AP since september of 2007.

I finally got through to a woman in DOS who talks, not redirects you to a place such as the embassy that gives no answers

As I prayed for some answers, I recieved them through her. I asked why there was such a long wait for AP, for one check...she told me that the cases that go to Washington don't actually go there only once, but several times, going back and forth from the embassy to Washington for checks, after one name/security check is cleared, there comes another one, until and until all are cleared. That is when they can issue the visa.

To all those who are waiting, it is good to understand what is happenning.

Let us pray, and keep our Iman strong, put faith at its best and seek answers through patience.

I wish for all of us from the 2006/07 generation to recieve the visas in hand.

I wish our husbands (and wives) who are waiting on the other side to know Allah is watching always and that there will come our news of visa issuances in the right time

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I finally got through to a woman in DOS who talks, not redirects you to a place such as the embassy that gives no answers

As I prayed for some answers, I recieved them through her. I asked why there was such a long wait for AP, for one check...she told me that the cases that go to Washington don't actually go there only once, but several times, going back and forth from the embassy to Washington for checks, after one name/security check is cleared, there comes another one, until and until all are cleared. That is when they can issue the visa.

Let us pray, and keep our Iman strong, put faith at its best and seek answers through patience.

I wish our husbands (and wives) who are waiting on the other side to know Allah is watching always and that there will come our news of visa issuances in the right time

Tammy

That seems like such a waste of time and money .. oh right, this is the US Gov't we're talking about. Nevermind.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tammy

That seems like such a waste of time and money .. oh right, this is the US Gov't we're talking about. Nevermind.

I don't think that the security checks are a waste of time or money. My husband has been in ap since July 29. My gripe though is not with the security checks but in the loooooong delays once the checks are complete. His have been complete since September and since that time we have been in line for the "special" administrative work that is unique to going through Egypt. Once those are complete guess what.......the security checks will probably have to be done a second time!!! But again...I still am not angry at all over those because out of the thousands of innocent and true people if these checks catch just one bad guy then they're worth it. Of course I wish my husband didn't have to go through any of it but like standing in those long lines at the airport it's the price we pay for safety.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Hello,

I filed for I-130 in december of 2006. Approved february, with NOA2, yes two months. Some are delayed in NOA2s because they get AP at the USCIS level and NVC level later on. In my case and most AP cases now, the AP's are being done after the interview and then review at the embassy.

I am thankful for everything, and as Bridget said, I do not think about the time frame, but that my husband is going through this and he is not of sin in the way they are looking for.

I wish us all to have peace in our hearts.

Tammy

Mike, I understand your frustration with the denial of th I-130, give them whatever is required, evidence, etc and you will soon be approved and it may serve you well that because your case was looked at carefully and asked for additional proof at this stage that you may not endure wait after interview or at the NVC stage where they sometimes ask for further evidence - basically its not a smooth process as people who have not gone through this think, you will have to go through waits at some point

Best wishes

Tammy

Filed: Timeline

thnx tammy, well this is what happened we appealed it 3 months ago and we just found out the uscis have lost it and they never sent it to the BIA , so i guess i will have to refile again :unsure: , this is real bad and not fair, bunsh of idiots lazy ignorant ppl , but iam afraid if i refile that they will denied it again

No, do not be afraid. Do not let this destroy your life or your love, in the end it is all in God's hands. Its your life, keep your faith strong and apply a clean file, with all the exact requirements. It really is running on life's time, but I feel that after a year and half and Additional processing after the interivew and now consulate review, there is a wait for all. Let is not make you give up.

Many cases get denial, just as many cases get AP, but if you refile with all the requirements, and you know them by now, your case will be looked at fresh and you will get approval quickly, I am praying for you. Best thing to do in this situation, is to call USCIS or go to a website that gives you every single thing to anticipate for USCIS (on the USCIS website) and send in your file with all of those things.

Tammy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.