incanada1234

i love liberals!

158 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Who gives a ####### what influenced Mel Gibson? I mean, REALLY...aren't there more important things we could be worrying about?

BTW, I never voted for Bush in my life but I don't blame him. Mel Gibson's been deeply nuts for a long time, long before Bush took office.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Who gives a ####### what influenced Mel Gibson? I mean, REALLY...aren't there more important things we could be worrying about?

BTW, I never voted for Bush in my life but I don't blame him. Mel Gibson's been deeply nuts for a long time, long before Bush took office.

The problem is the bizarre recontextualising of issues in such a way that it twists a person's words to such an extent that it achieves a completely different meaning to what was actually said.

BTW - Incanada posted a Rush Limbaugh article like this some time ago about a woman who had an abortion because she could not get "the morning after pill". Rush's commentary attacked the woman for blaming Bush (her words) but conveniently skated over the real issue behind the story (about the availability of the morning after pill). Seeing as the issue is one that affects a lot of people, you wonder who's interests are served by this...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You have to see things from their viewpoint as well. They earnestly believe that if you do not accept Jesus then you will spend eternity in Hell. Now, with that in mind, if I earnestly believe there is a concealed pit of quicksand in the path you are on, would I care more about you if I did, or didn't, tell you?

The respectful person would tell you and be on their way, presuming you know how to deal with the problem, or that you would not be going so far as where the pit is.

The uncaring person wouldn't tell you.

The domineering person would attempt to block you and drive you toward an alternate path.

The hateful person would bind you and throw you in the pit of quicksand.

unityjourney.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The problem is the bizarre recontextualising of issues in such a way that it twists a person's words to such an extent that it achieves a completely different meaning to what was actually said.

BTW - Incanada posted a Rush Limbaugh article like this some time ago about a woman who had an abortion because she could not get "the morning after pill". Rush's commentary attacked the woman for blaming Bush (her words) but conveniently skated over the real issue behind the story (about the availability of the morning after pill). Seeing as the issue is one that affects a lot of people, you wonder who's interests are served by this...

:thumbs:

InCanada and Stina, if someone prays that I figure out how to live like they do (less Jew-y, more Christian-y), I do not feel very respected. What is respect? Just saying that you respect someone?

Someone's praying for you? :blink:

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Timeline

InCanada and Stina, if someone prays that I figure out how to live like they do (less Jew-y, more Christian-y), I do not feel very respected. What is respect? Just saying that you respect someone?

That would be one more than is praying for you ;)

weak.jpg

;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

weak.jpg

;)

Well, I'm glad you posted that erekose. Sometimes people are so ugly.

Rush Limbaugh is such a pompous a$$hole though; are people still naive enough to fall for his #######?

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

weak.jpg

;)

Well, I'm glad you posted that erekose. Sometimes people are so ugly.

Yeah, that guy holding the "weak" sign IS weird looking!

(by the way, that sentence is funny coming from you. As we all know, you're such a sweetheart to everyone)

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Timeline
Rush Limbaugh is such a pompous a$$hole though; are people still naive enough to fall for his #######?

Apparently...

Yeah, that guy holding the "weak" sign IS weird looking!

(by the way, that sentence is funny coming from you. As we all know, you're such a sweetheart to everyone)

Who's we?

Bill Clinton is such a pompous a$$hole though; are people still naive enough to fall for his #######?

Oh I SO agree. :thumbs:

Who's we?

You're such a bitter old man. ;)

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

You're such a bitter old man. ;)

I'm not old. And you mistake genuine dislike for bitterness.

Mmmm no, pretty sure it's bitterness. Most liberals ARE extremely bitter though.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif