duomi

Is Fairfax still conducting same day oaths?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello:

I am interviewing at the Fairfax, VA office on March 3. I applied there because I had read and was told that they offer same-day oaths.

Some recent interviewees have stated that Fairfax NO LONGER DOES SAME DAY OATHS.

Can anyone chime in here?

I'm really concerned because I've applied as a 319b applicant and need to return to job here in Asia as soon as I can.

Thanks so much.

It seems that they stopped doing same day interview/oath combo service.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2666705

But you may want to confirm it through USCIS customer center by asking to talk to interview officer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

The Fairfax office is specialized in 319 (B) cases and they know all the problems that might be involved with filing for citizenship while you're living overseas. Get in touch with office via email:

http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/c21634.htm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

wow... makes me wonder if I was there on the last day they did the same day oath :unsure: oldahmed had his interview the next day and is apparently still waiting...

Timeline
wow... makes me wonder if I was there on the last day they did the same day oath :unsure: oldahmed had his interview the next day and is apparently still waiting...

Yep, I guess you were very lucky. I just hope the wait between interview and oath ceremony doesn't stretch over months. :unsure:

Yes, I am. I'm still waiting :(

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Prague, Czech Republic

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-15

Check Cashed: 2009-07-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-20

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-01

NVC Received : 2009-10-06

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-15

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-15

Visa Received : 2009-12-16

US Entry :

Marriage :

AOS:

Event Date

CIS Office : Washington DC

Date Filed : 2010-07-26

NOA Date : 2010-08-06

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-09-09

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :2011-01-07

Approval / Denial Date :2011-01-07

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp : No

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Like anything with the govt, the policy could change daily! or talk with another interviewer, and he will say they still do same day interview/oaths,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Like anything with the govt, the policy could change daily! or talk with another interviewer, and he will say they still do same day interview/oaths,lol

so true... :devil:

Filed: Timeline

The following email might be useful - I was forwarded it by a friend:

"The Washington District Office advises that for at least the next several weeks it will be reducing the number of daily N-400 naturalization oath ceremonies conducted at USCIS Fairfax in anticipation of special ceremonies involving larger groups to be held at the Lincoln Memorial on April 12, and at the new Capitol Visitor Center on an as yet unspecified date. Regular daily ceremonies will continue to be conducted from time to time, although beneficiaries of approved N-400 applications may not be provided a date and time for their oath ceremony upon completion of their interview. USCIS Fairfax will continue to provide same-day oath ceremonies in special circumstances where N-400 applicants demonstrate reasonable need, and will be flexible in consideration of these cases. They will also continue to perform same day administrative ceremonies for Sec. 319(B) cases, where the applicant resides abroad."

Application for Naturalization

11/14/08 - sent off N-400 to Vermont Service Center

11/18/08 - NOA stating app sent to National Benefits Center

11/24/08 - NOA giving fingerprinting appointment

12/18/08 - fingerprinting appointment

Timeline

"The Washington District Office advises that for at least the next several weeks it will be reducing the number of daily N-400 naturalization oath ceremonies conducted at USCIS Fairfax in anticipation of special ceremonies involving larger groups to be held at the Lincoln Memorial on April 12, and at the new Capitol Visitor Center on an as yet unspecified date. Regular daily ceremonies will continue to be conducted from time to time, although beneficiaries of approved N-400 applications may not be provided a date and time for their oath ceremony upon completion of their interview. USCIS Fairfax will continue to provide same-day oath ceremonies in special circumstances where N-400 applicants demonstrate reasonable need, and will be flexible in consideration of these cases. They will also continue to perform same day administrative ceremonies for Sec. 319(B) cases, where the applicant resides abroad."

Thank you, that gives some insight. :thumbs:

Hi manty,

Are you sure about this email from your friend?

Filed: Timeline
Hi manty,

Are you sure about this email from your friend?

Yes, I'm 99% sure. She is a lawyer who does nothing but immigration work in the DC area.

Also, check out this page:

http://www.abrahamlincoln200.org/calendar/...es-4-12-09.aspx

It's for the Lincoln Bicentennial celebration on the 12th of April. They are evidently conducting a naturalization ceremony for over 200 new Americans that day. I guess they've got to hold off on ceremonies to build up that number of participants.

Application for Naturalization

11/14/08 - sent off N-400 to Vermont Service Center

11/18/08 - NOA stating app sent to National Benefits Center

11/24/08 - NOA giving fingerprinting appointment

12/18/08 - fingerprinting appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So glad i finished all this back in Dec.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
So glad i finished all this back in Dec.

I hear ya! I hope they get 200 people before March 17th. Maybe I have a chance then to take the oath the same day.

EDIT: Actually they should get 200 people pretty fast, shouldn't they? I think they have a lot of interviews every day. Anyways, I guess, if I would have to go to that big ceremony the good thing would be that my children would witness an important event. Better than any civics class they can take at school. :thumbs: I just hope that my oath won't be months after my interview. I'm a kind of impatient. :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.