Sign in to follow this  
chronotrigger3783

Question about the NVC...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I called the NVC yesterday afternoon to find out if they've received our case yet. The guy I spoke with on the phone first said that our case number was not in the computer. Then he remarked about how the notice date on the NOA2 was fairly recent (Nov. 28th), which I was somewhat expecting. He, then, proceeded to have me read the information in the middle of the page:

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." (There isn't one listed...) "Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance, or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate. The petitioner can also file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, with this office to request that we notify another consulate of the petition approval for visa processing purposes. THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA AND MAY NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA."

Etcetera, etcetera...

After I read that to him, we had the following conversation:

"What's the consulate that's listed?"

"Uh, there isn't a space for that nor is there one listed."

"Okay... Then why are you calling us?"

"I just wanted to know if you've received our case yet."

"Well, you need to either call the consulate that it's supposed to receive it or call 1-800-375-5283. Find out where it's been sent."

Is it just me or is there something wrong with this picture? Anyone have any comments about this? I'm confused as all hell...

Edited by chronotrigger3783

Well that sounds pretty weird. Maybe you got the security guard on the phone instead of an operator (kidding). I´d suggest you try again next week and hopefully you get someone more helpful? And :time: Good luck :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess it's best to call NVC after 3 or 4weeks. As to our case, we started calling NVC after 4weeks and until now they haven't received our approved petition yet. We were approved last October 29. It's been 39 days already. I think you still have few weeks to wait coz you had your NOA2 Nov. 28... For your case nothing to worry for now.

Edited by Sha and Scott

THE K-1 PROCESS

June 14, 2007: Sent I-129F to Texas Service Center (but case was transferred to CSC)

June 27, 2007: Receipt Notice Date

October 29, 2007: Petition is APPROVED! :-)

December 10, 2007: Case received at NVC

December 12, 2007: Case is forwarded to US Embassy!

January 2, 2008: Pay Delbros for Document Verification

January 8, 2008: CFO Seminar

January 23-24, 2008: Early Medical (Original Sched is Feb. 1, 2008)

February 8, 2008: Interview Date (6:30AM)

February 15, 2008: Received Visa :-)

February 27, 2008: Fly to USA... POE: JFK - New York... :-)

March 14, 2008: Applied for SSN

April 18, 2008: Wedding Day :-)

THE AOS PROCESS

May 13, 2008: Sent AOS docs to USCIS including EAD and AP

May 15, 2008: Package was delivered!

May 21, 2008: Check was cashed!

May 20, 2008: Notice Date for AOS, EAD, & AP

May 24, 2008: Received All 3 NOA's in the mail

May 26, 2008: All 3 cases available online (at National Benefit Center or MSC)

June 12, 2008: Biometric Appointment (USCIS Raleigh - Durham, NC)

June 12, 2008: AOS and EAD touched!

July 19, 2008: AP Approved! Approval is sent!

July 22, 2008: Approval status available online!

July 26, 2008: AP received in the mail!

July 28, 2008: EAD card received in the mail! (With July 19 approval date)

Jan. 13, 2009: Interview Date at USCIS - Raleigh/Durham

APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
I guess it's best to call NVC after 3 or 4weeks. As to our case, we started calling NVC after 4weeks and until now they haven't received our approved petition yet. We were approved last October 29. It's been 39 days already. I think you still have few weeks to wait coz you had your NOA2 Nov. 28... For your case nothing to worry for now.

Yeah. I had read that a lot of people still hadn't been sent off to the NVC yet, which I kept in mind when I was told that we weren't in the system. I was just more or less irked by the fact that he was somewhat rude to me and sent me on some sort of snape hunt.

hi chrono

did you make copies of your I-129F application..

there is a space on the above application for the consulate.. take a look at question 20 ..did you put sydney australia for your consulate...

when you ring them back tell them that you did put sydney or if it was your mistake correct it with them...

you can email the sydney consulate also enquiring..all the info is on the embasey info at the top of this page...

we also have an aussie thread ..where there are a few aussies up to your stage...

take care hope it gets sorted out..

kath

REMOVING CONDITIONS

11th Aug 2008 - Mailed I-751 to CSC.

12th Aug 2008 - Application received

14th Aug 2008 - Cheque cashed

18th Aug 2008 - Received NOA-dated the 12th

26th Aug 2008 - Received Biometrics letter

4th Sept 2008 - Biometrics-Detroit-Complete-'Touched'

5th Sept 2008 - 'Touched'

1st Dec 2008 - APPROVED-Card production ordered -112 days

8th Dec 2008 - USCIS mailed approval notice.

8th Dec 2008 - Received my 10 year Greencard in the mail. took 2 days.

Although I have the above date for approval my card actualy states the

2nd December..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.