Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Question about the K-2

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam

Getting ready to file the N-400 for my wife. Is it required to file a separate N-400 for her K-2 child (age 15) or file a N-600 or no paperwork at all for the child and she becomes a U.S. Citizen when Mother does?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China

From what I read you file N-600 after mother naturalizes.

2. If you are the biological or adopted child of a U.S. citizen, you were born outside the United States, and you are claiming citizenship by action of law, you automatically become a U.S. citizen if:

A. You have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, whether by birth or naturalization; and

B. You regularly reside in the United States in the legal and physical custody of your U.S. citizen parent; and

C. You have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence (NOTE: If you entered the United States as an adopted child, you must have been admitted as an IR-3 (child adopted outside the United States). If you entered as an IR-4 (child coming to the United States to be adopted), a final adoption must take place for this section of law to apply to you; and

D. You have not yet reached your 18th birthday; and

E. You are a biological child, you were legitimate, or you were legitimated while in the legal custody of your legitimating parent(s) prior to reaching your 16th birthday; or

F. You are a biological child born out of wedlock and you have not been legitimated and your mother naturalizes as a U.S. citizen.


OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...