Spanglish

Wife approved 2 weeks ago

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wished I had something good to say but it's like the glass of water, "half full or half empty". My wife received her 2NOA two weeks ago but our 8 year old daughter whose application was in the same envelope was last touched on 11-11-07. How they could be split up like this is beyond me. I get the feeling her application is sitting on one of those "retired on the job" government workers desk. I'll be receiving mail from the NVC soon for my wife but what good it will do without CSC approving our daughter. I guess I'll just hold my wife up at NVC until our daughter is approved. I never dreamed this scenario would happen. :wacko:

6-23-06 Met, Cali Colombia

Visited Estrella 8 times before marriage.

5-28-07 Married San Andras Island Colombia

6-5-07 Mailed overnight I-130 for both of them.

6-7-07 I-130's received at TSC.

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

6-22-07 Received I-797-C Notice of Action from CSC for both Estrella and our daughter with notice date of 6-19-07.

Touched 11-11-07

Estrella 1-130 approved 11-13-07 still waiting on our daughter

11-16-07 Recived Estrella's 2 NOA in the mail but no info on daughter

Timeline
Hopefully it will come any day now. From what I heard they try to keep families together as best they can. It is tough to wait I am sure.

Today I called the USCIS and asked why my wife was approved 2 weeks ago and not my daughter. I just about peed my pants when the lady said "some cases are more complicated than others and take longer"

I replied "how can an 8 year olds file be more complicated than her mothers"?

She then said not to call back until after 6 months so that's 3 more weeks.

And for this service I pay taxes. At my job I have two emails two phone numbers plus a cel phone and two faxes. I must return all calls within 30 minutes. I guess that's the real world VS the government world.

Slowly going crazy in NC.

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

6-22-07 Received I-797-C Notice of Action from CSC for both Estrella and our daughter with notice date of 6-19-07.

Touched 11-11-07

Timeline

Perfect case for the USCIS Ombudsman.......http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm.

Customer Service personel are held to standards and the answer you recieved is not appropriate. You should have an ID number that they give you when you call. Use this number in your letter to the Ombudsman. If you did not receive a number call back ask the same question and ask for their ID number. hang in there. BG

Timeline
Perfect case for the USCIS Ombudsman.......http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/programs/editorial_0497.shtm.

Customer Service personel are held to standards and the answer you recieved is not appropriate. You should have an ID number that they give you when you call. Use this number in your letter to the Ombudsman. If you did not receive a number call back ask the same question and ask for their ID number. hang in there. BG

Well now its been three weeks and still no word on our daughter??? It is a crazy system :wacko:

I-130 transfered to CSC.

6-19-07 Checks deposited

Touched 11-11-07

Well now its been three weeks and still no word on our daughter??? It is a crazy system :wacko:

Stay strong (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.