Usui Takumi

Anyone gone beyond 90 days with no results? NOA1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Has anyone gone past the 90 day period without any results ie. no check cashed? I'm on day 71 without a check cashed (I sent recorded and it did arrive at their center).

What answers did you get?

The reason i'm concerned is that i spoke with an officer a few weeks ago and he claimed their rules regarding the NOA1 are suspended. They will NOT investigate after 90 days. You are STILL accountable for the application even if they process it 5 months later...ie he told me "dont you dare cancel your check after 90 days because you'll owe the US gov even if they they find it well down the line" ...........and most importantly he told me if the 90 days is up I'm tough out of luck. My only choice is to send another application ie. get back in the December line and risk that they'll cash both checks if they ever find my old application. There is no cut off like there used to be. (ie. wait 4 weeks then wait for a 30day investigation then your safe to reapply)

Has anyone gone past the 90 day period without any results ie. no check cashed? I'm on day 71 without a check cashed (I sent recorded and it did arrive at their center).

The reason i'm concerned is that i spoke with an officer a few weeks ago and he claimed their rules regarding the NOA1 are suspended. They will NOT investigate after 90 days. You are STILL accountable for the application even if they process it 5 months later...ie he told me "dont you dare cancel your check after 90 days because you'll owe the US gov even if they they find it well down the line" ...........and most importantly he told me if the 90 days is up I'm tough out of luck. My only choice is to send another application ie. get back in the December line and risk that they'll cash both checks if they ever find my old application. There is no cut off like there used to be. (ie. wait 4 weeks then wait for a 30day investigation then your safe to reapply)

Call again! Lots of incorrect info given by the "mis" information operators at USCIS.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thats odd! Usually this could be possible waiting for 90 days without update for NOA2 but not for NOA1

NOA1 normally can be granted after just a week, or less than a month and maximum of (1)month if you dont have RFE's.

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03 -2011- Sent the Application for I-130 Package

October 07 -Receieved USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail

October 12 -Received Notice of Action by Mail

April 27, 2012 -Finally Petition is approved!

May 03, 2012 -Received NOA 2 in the mail

Filed: Timeline

It sounds like you got a severely mis-informed CS rep. Call again, they're supposed to launch an investigation after you've gone past the 90 day period. And the bit about the government coming after you if you cancel the check is BS. All they do is cancel your petition once it bounces back to them.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call again. Some those people dont give the correct info. Sometimes you will get a different amswer each time you call. Ask to talk with a immigration officer when you call not just a customer service rep. You can also contact your local Congrees reps office and ask for help. Make sure to tell them what you were told.

I do agree. This is not normal. It's usually the NOA2 people are waiting forever for, not NOA1. I'm sorry you have to go through this

Removal of conditions...

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yes I got the proper response this morning, two weeks and they'll investigate. In retrospect, I called near the end of the day last time and the guy had probably switched to jerk mode a few hours earlier.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.